Moto Gymkhana Drills | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Moto Gymkhana Drills

Hey victor, is 3 after your work? I work pretty close to there, I could come out during lunch or after work (more like 4:30-5 normally), pending my chain n sprocket install.

No, I was doing it over the weekend cz it's close to my place. I work in St. Jacobs, so by the time I get home is really late.

But it seems that there are a lot of people interested. Maybe we can try to organize an event in couple of weeks (like June 1st)... Would you guys be up for it?

So I'm seriously considering starting a Gymkhana group if there isn't one out there yet.
Anyone body want to join the ranks with me? I'm thinking of doing it every Thursday night at the parking lot across L&L, by the Burger King. We can meet up every week and try and make a name for ourselves.

Looking for Officers:
Organize and Set up gymkhana course
Ensure safety of riders and organization
Keep reckless people out(We want to keep this group alive and way from popo)

Short Term Goals:
Just have a small group of riders enthusiastic in the art who want to improve their skills

Long Term Goals:
Turn it into a Non-Profit
Sponsored events(competitions, schools)

I'm going to make a FB group tonight when I get home and go from there. Let's see if this catches on.

Last edited:
id probably be in if a group started.
i practise slow manuevers but this seems like a perfect balance between slow and fast riding

Sent from my GT-I9100M using Tapatalk 2

I find a get hand cramps feathering clutch so much doing slow speed stuff. Might look into after market levers to bring lever closer to bar for my small hands.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

So I'm seriously considering starting a Gymkhana group if there isn't one out there yet.
Anyone body want to join the ranks with me? I'm thinking of doing it every Thursday night at the parking lot across L&L, by the Burger King. We can meet up every week and try and make a name for ourselves.

Looking for Officers:

Short Term Goals:
Just have a small group of riders enthusiastic in the art who want to improve their skills

Long Term Goals:

I'm going to make a FB group tonight when I get home and go from there. Let's see if this catches on.

I'm interested, but the most important thing is setting up a legit lot + insurance on it. I know some auto-x events happen on go train lots, but I haven't looked into it.

(We want to keep this group alive and way from popo)

Don't you think these 2 goals are incompatible? It sounds & looks fun/challenging, but doing it weekly in a public parking lot hardly sounds subtle.

If you are referring to the Loblaws parking lot, I would suggest against it unless you have already consulted with someone at Loblaws about using their property for such an event. I would choose an isolated lot which you have permission to ride on, otherwise you will get unwanted attention.

You could have practise sessions on isolated lots, then have proper organized events maybe 2-3 times a season.

Looking for Officers:

Short Term Goals:

Long Term Goals:

I would be interested in coming for events... but probably not at L&L. I don't think that is the best location for this.

I'll also post next time I practice in the west end in case anyone else wants to join. Haven't had the time lately.

I'm up for East end practices.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

What's the purpose of this. Not tryna be ahole but I don't get it? Is this the same as what ken block does? Looks sort of like RTIs m1x course.

Looking for Officers:

Short Term Goals:

Long Term Goals:

There is a group on facebook that started around the time of the first organized Moto-Gymkhana event in Canada, Honda's Rock the Red (shameless plug - see my avatar pic for second-place-trophy and goofy grin):
https://www.facebook.com/MotoGymkhanaNA

Last edited:
What's the purpose of this. Not tryna be ahole but I don't get it? Is this the same as what ken block does? Looks sort of like RTIs m1x course.

[video=youtube_share;KFEh59GVMnQ]http://youtu.be/KFEh59GVMnQ[/video]

I am interested, but does anyone here actually have the proper training to share the skills?

Interestingly enough, the 'popo' is probably the best people teaching it since they practically invented it.

Moto-Gymkhana N.A. and Honda Canada Inc. successfully organized and held Canada's official Moto-Gymkhana event last year. And this 2013 season, we kicked off in Montreal last month, and do the event next month, but please wait for the official announcement from Honda.

I have been doing this training since I was in JPN, and at the Gymkhana event, my partner and I are the one coaching those basic skills of gymkhana riding.

Moto-Gymkhana N.A. is recognized by JAGE (Japan Autoby Gymkhana Edifice) and other motorcycle gymkhana organizations around the world, and also recognized by Honda JPN, CDA. I and my co-instructor are accepted to take training of "Honda Advanced Motorcycle Skills Instructor" at Motegi, Japan and officially certified by Honda Japan last year. We are the first "Non Honda Employees" from North America to get certified as that title.

Not only Moto-Gymkhana but also we can introduce / coach advanced riding techniques with using other skills you don't see in here.

Last edited:
Moto-Gymkhana N.A. and Honda Canada Inc. successfully organized and held Canada's official Moto-Gymkhana event last year. And we kicked off in Montreal last month, and do the event next month, but please wait for the official announcement from Honda.

I have been doing this training since I was in JPN, and at the Gymkhana event, my partner and I are the one coaching those basic skills of gymkhana riding.

Moto-Gymkhana N.A. is recognized by JAGE (Japan Autoby Gymkhana Edifice) and other motorcycle gymkhana organizations around the world, and also recognized by Honda JPN, CDA. I and my co-instructor are accepted to take training of "Honda Advanced Motorcycle Skills Instructor" at Motegi, Japan and officially certified by Honda Japan last year. We are the first "Non Honda Employees" from North America to get certified as that title.

Not only Moto-Gymkhana but also we can introduce / coach advanced riding techniques with using other skills you don't see in here.

Please fill us in the details when everything finalize, I will definitely be interested to participate.

So, how much is the cost to participate??

It was free of charge last year, so as in Montreal last month. So I think it will be the same this time, too. Honda will provide you bikes. The hardest part of Moto-Gymkhana is that you must memorize the course-map. The map will be disclosed on the event day.

Moto-Gymkhana N.A. and Honda Canada Inc. successfully organized and held Canada's official Moto-Gymkhana event last year. And we kicked off in Montreal last month, and do the event next month, but please wait for the official announcement from Honda.

Also interested in knowing if you guys will be providing a course/training outside of the events?

Back
Top Bottom