Moto Gymkhana Drills | GTAMotorcycle.com

Moto Gymkhana Drills

victorbrca

Site Supporter
Just wondering if anyone is practising moto gymkhana type drills in empty parking lots. I've done it myself a couple of times, but it would be nice to get a group of people together.

I might be doing something Saturday afternoon. If I do I'll post here. :)

Subbed. I've always wanted to try. Don't know if I want to with my street bike but if you've got practice cones setup maybe I'll swing by.

Bought cones from Cdn tire and did this with a friend on this forum. (which I bet he'll read) Have a crash cage on my bike already anyway. Much harder than it looks on a SS.

If anyone does this in the scar area, I'd be down to join.

I'm planning on doing some basic drills at the Meadowvale Go parking lot tomorrow around 3pm. You guys are free to join. I might even have enough cones to setup a small circuit if you feel like it.

Is anyone showing up for this? I don't think I'll make it for 3pm. I'll be there a bit later.

If anyone is doing this, try this course. Pretty basic and a good starting place.
We did a modified version of this cuz 100ft was too big of a space. We had no measuring tools so we counted footsteps back to back. I'm a size 10, so we did 30 steps between each cone. We'll do actual measurement later. If anyone is interested, we can post our best times.

EDIT: So I measured my boot. Exactly 12" ... so 30 steps = 30 feet.
So instead of 100' x 100', we did 60' x 60'

May post video later .... maybe.
f7eQv.png

Last edited:
F800R, the German competition to a Street Triple. It, too, is an easy bike to maneuver at low speeds.

I'm planning on doing some basic drills at the Meadowvale Go parking lot tomorrow around 3pm. You guys are free to join. I might even have enough cones to setup a small circuit if you feel like it.
This looks like fun & great practice. I'll try and join you next time.
Old guy question....How do I "subscribe" to a thread??

I want in! Always wanted to join a gymkhana group

Interested in joining. The handling of the FRZ400 will make this easier looking than it actually is. Though I'm afraid to damage to body work ...

Hey victor, is 3 after your work? I work pretty close to there, I could come out during lunch or after work (more like 4:30-5 normally), pending my chain n sprocket install.

Back
Top Bottom