Vintage & Classic racing at Shannonville | GTAMotorcycle.com

Vintage & Classic racing at Shannonville

Racing Entertainment
The Quinte TT! VRRA motorcycle road racing at Shannonville MSP, May 31, June I & 2, 11 races each day for vintage and classic bikes, professional announcer, see bikes & racers in the pits, food concessions, souvenirs and T shirts, great stand seating plus Try The Track on your bike for $20 for 20mins, check www.vrra.ca to download preregistration form.
$25 for 3 days includes parking & camping. Friday only $5, Saturday only $10, Sunday FREE for spectators!
For info: John at jorbo45@hotmail.com 613-962-3142 or Peter at psheppardracing@gmail.com 613-210-0889

I will be there some army has defected but will try to enlist more this weekend.

Looks like next year for me.

I'll probably end up coming up for one of the days to spectate though.

Paddock is full at Shannonville! 120 pre-registered racers, many with multiple bikes! 20 new students for the racers school. Admission Friday $5 Saturday $10 And FREE for the finals on Sunday -This is a one-time promotion to fill the stands in Shannonville like 1983-Take advantage of it! Over 10 races on Saturday and Sunday. :cool:

Aww..just saw this now...and of course I have plans....Boo!
. WOuld have loved to arrange my weekend to come out to watch this.

Something like 37 entries in Period 4 formula 3 (lightweight). 6th row start...

That was a really good weekend. In the aforementioned P4F3, I ended up qualifying ninth on Saturday. Ran into an unexpected fuel-starvation issue on Sunday morning practice, which I got around by adding more to the tank (no, it wasn't empty - but something is restricting fuel flow out of the tank - this week's chore is to investigate and hopefully fix this). Ended up finishing 6th.

Motoshire747 (aka Steve H) cleaned up ... good riding - and good practice for next week's CSBK round on the same track!

I think the last count was 138 registered racers, probablysome 170 bikes as many guys and gals are now bringing 2 race bikes to run in different classes. Dry track despite the forecast. Great group of people and good fun! No prize money, no tire money just people motivated by their passion for bikes and getting the most out of them -great atmosphere.
If you’re thinking about going ‘Vintage’ normal rules apply,start with the best unmolested, non-neglected bike you can regardless of converting a street bike or buying a race ready machine. You will naturally find a cheap parts bike that has been neglected…
Period 3 would be great to run in…GPZ 550-Lightweight or KZ750-Middleweight. The following chart helps explain the cut-off dates and classes.
PS-Brian, Sorry about the Junior Mints in your gas tank :p That’s a good run from where you started!

Last edited:
Looked out the window Sunday morning to see miserable weather, having endured crap weather at the last two soar weekends this year i went back to bed. Glad to see it cleared up for you guys.

Back
Top Bottom