EESA Gun Club Open House - June 8th & 9th GUNS, GUNS, GIRLS AND MORE GUNS!!! | GTAMotorcycle.com

EESA Gun Club Open House - June 8th & 9th GUNS, GUNS, GIRLS AND MORE GUNS!!!

toysareforboys

Banned
Site Supporter
http://www.eesa.ca/Open_House_2013.php

2013ohsm.jpg

East Elgin Sportmens Association will again be hosting their annual open house.
(last years thread: http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum/showthread.php?154232-EESA-Gun-Club-Open-House-Jun-9th-amp-10th)

IMG_8411.jpg

WHEN: Saturday June 8th and Sunday June 9th, 2013. 9AM until 5PM (the time on the flyer above is wrong).

WHERE: http://goo.gl/maps/bipUu (GPS co-ords are visible in that link. Use them.)

WHAT: EESA Open House (Near Woodstock/Aylmer/Springfield/London, ONT). Gun range is open to the public ONCE A YEAR! THIS IS IT! Hundreds of guns for you to try! Handguns (BIG ONES TOO!), Military style rifles (BIG ONES TOO! YOU MUST SHOOT THE .50BMG!!!), old WW2 style rifles (M1 garand hits hard), shotguns (short tactical style plus hunting types too), archery stuff, etc., etc.!! 300 meter outdoor sniper range, 100 meter outdoor rifle range, indoor handgun range (with paper targets you get to keep to brag about your shooting ability or lack there of. You're not allowed to shoot at pictures of people, even Osama, etc.).

COST: $10 admission (or $30 per family) plus you pay for ammo that you use in whatever guns you choose. Some guns are cheap (like .22 guns you get a bunch of bullets for $1) and some are super expensive (.50BMG is usually around $10 per shot). 9mm handgun is cheap. Military 5.56/.223 stuff is cheap, etc. etc. There will be a price board hung up at each range station. Works good to say "that bullet looks like fun, show me what guns can use that" or vice versa with asking what ammo that "cool" gun uses. When you walk in the front entrance buy "ammo tickets" at the admission desk. Buy a bunch cause you don't want to have run from the range back to the admission gate to buy more tickets!!

FOOD: Food is available for purchase all day. BBQ stuff, hotdogs, burgers, drinks, etc. Not sure if they have veggie options but I would assume not. Super reasonable prices.

FAQ:

q. Who's allowed to shoot? Do I need a gun license?
a. ANYONE is allowed to shoot*. No license required. They don't check your ID, fingerprint you, retina scan, DNA test, background check, etc. It doesn't matter how old you are, what colour you are or what your "background" is, you're welcome to fondle whatever gun you choose.

*You will be required to sign a waiver and declaration that you're not under any firearms prohibition.

q. I don't know how to shoot a gun.
a. That's not a question but I'll answer it anyway. A licensed instructor takes every person, 1 on 1, with whatever gun you choose. He shows you how to load it, handle it, shoot it, etc.

q. How many guns am I allowed to shoot?
a. As many as you have money for ammo =). One at a time of course. No they won't let you hold one in each arm and shoot them, and no "shooting from the hip" either. They let you fire as fast as you want. Super fun on the .22's with 25rd mags =)

q. Can I get my picture taken with said gun?
a. Maybe. Due to the secure nature of the "hot" range area it's difficult for random people to get in there to take pictures. If you as the shooter have a camera with you and you get a nice instructor they might take a pic of you AFTER you have finished shooting said gun and it is UNLOADED and safe.

q. What clothing is appropriate for the range?
a. The shells coming out of the guns are HOT and don't feel nice when they land on your feet when you're wearing flip flops, etc. Bring a hat (for the sunny weather, not really for the guns, lol)!

q. What safety gear do I need?
a. None. It will be provided for you by the range. Your motorcycle ear plugs will work fine for shooting the guns. They will provide safety glasses and ear muffs for those that don't have plugs. **WEAR PLUGS! You have no idea how annoying everyone's exhaust will be the entire ride down there =)

q. I'm a girl, can I shoot a gun?
a. Absolutely. Girls get special attention there =) Plus, they tend to be a way better shot then any of the guys!

q. Can I bring my own gun(s)?
a. Absolutely not. Licensed/registered or otherwise. This event is using the ranges guns and members of that ranges guns. Please leave all your own guns, silencers, ammo, grenades and other explosives at home please and thank you.

q. I would like to bring my whole family (not on the bike), is that possible?
a. Absolutely! Bring the whole fam damly! There is no age limit. Even YOUNG kids do great there! Cut up the foam ear plugs and test fit them on your young children before you come. Some of the ear muffs may not fit tightly on them (and some of the guns, i.e. 50BMG, are LOUD!!!)

2010OH_056.jpg

Last edited:
This space reserved to plan group rides there.

-Jamie M.

In!

Are we going to be doing the highway pick-ups again? :D

Subscribed

Sent from my tablet using my paws

Very interested........

I'll probably swing by just to check out the facilities

Wow thats ****ing sick! Hopefully no OT that weekend.

I'd say you get enough notice that your bossman won't get his panties in a bunch if you tell him you got something scheduled for that weekend ;)

Count me in if the weather is nice. I did some shooting before when I was in Thailand, with M16 and it was a lot of fun :D

Are we going to be doing the highway pick-ups again? :D
I dislike picking up people on the side of the highway ;) lol. I am planning two or three meet spots where the whole group will ride to and pick up the mini groups. It'll be good rest breaks for the long ride. Are you riding a CBR125?

How are you planning to get around that little inconvenience? :lmao:
lol Paul :) It's my old gun club, even if I signed the form they would know I'm not supposed to be shooting ;) I just ride down, drop everybody at the range and go horseback riding (so dangerous!) or hang out at the beach at Port Stanley. Peeps can ride home when they want or I'll be back at close/5 to lead everyone back.

Count me in if the weather is nice. I did some shooting before when I was in Thailand, with M16 and it was a lot of fun
icon_biggrin.gif
If the weather is not nice, just drive down. The ranges are covered so you won't get wet, and there's indoor (handgun and small rifle) too. It gets SO freakin hot there in the summer, humidity comes off the lake too, so pray for "not perfect" weather! lol.

-Jamie M.

I dislike picking up people on the side of the highway ;) lol. I am planning two or three meet spots where the whole group will ride to and pick up the mini groups. It'll be good rest breaks for the long ride. Are you riding a CBR125?

-Jamie M.
I meant how a few of us waited on the highway, and joined you as you passed! And no, no CBR125. :p

I meant how a few of us waited on the highway, and joined you as you passed! And no, no CBR125. :p
I remember, and that is to which I was referring ;)

-Jamie M.

lol Paul :) It's my old gun club, even if I signed the form they would know I'm not supposed to be shooting ;) I just ride down, drop everybody at the range and go horseback riding (so dangerous!) or hang out at the beach at Port Stanley. Peeps can ride home when they want or I'll be back at close/5 to lead everyone back.

-Jamie M.

:lmao:

I hope xtina isn't reading this or the RCMP might meet you at the gate

cool idea if i have my bike by then i will come for sure
If you don't get a bike, take a car. This is NOT an event to be missed.

-Jamie M.

Passing on.....

Group ride by TAFB: We'll meet at the timmies in Pickering at Whites Rd. and Hwy #2 ( http://goo.gl/maps/tQqQ8 ) at 6:00am and head out at 6:30am. I'll take the 401 right to the range. Pace will be barely CBR125 friendly (full tuck). We should arrive at the range for 9am opening. We will be parking on grass so MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A PARKING PUCK! Seriously, don't even bother coming if you don't. Crush down a popcan, use a soup can lid, etc. etc. DON'T FORGET THIS! Any questions just post in this thread and I'll do my best to relay the answers. Thanks

Passing on.....

Group ride by TAFB: We'll meet at the timmies in Pickering at Whites Rd. and Hwy #2 ( http://goo.gl/maps/tQqQ8 ) at 6:00am and head out at 6:30am. I'll take the 401 right to the range. Pace will be barely CBR125 friendly (full tuck). We should arrive at the range for 9am opening. We will be parking on grass so MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A PARKING PUCK! Seriously, don't even bother coming if you don't. Crush down a popcan, use a soup can lid, etc. etc. DON'T FORGET THIS! Any questions just post in this thread and I'll do my best to relay the answers. Thanks

Why is the meeting place way out in the east where you are forcing 90% of the riders in the GTA to ride 1hr eastwards and then westwards to London?

Why is the meeting place way out in the east where you are forcing 90% of the riders in the GTA to ride 1hr eastwards and then westwards to London?

Probably because he ****ing lives in Whitby? TAFB: "I am planning two or three meet spots where the whole group will ride to and pick up the mini groups."

Try to keep up - k?

Back
Top Bottom