EESA Gun Club Open House - June 8th & 9th GUNS, GUNS, GIRLS AND MORE GUNS!!! | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

EESA Gun Club Open House - June 8th & 9th GUNS, GUNS, GIRLS AND MORE GUNS!!!

Hi all , Are we doing this again this year 2015 ?
Does any one know of a newer link ?

Spring season is just starting. You can check the EESA website to see if they already posted an open house on their calendar.

I ve sent them an email last night lets see how long it takes them to reply.

LMAO most of those BoD's don't even know what "e-mail" is. I would have been more optimistic before John's resignation, but now..... Who knows, you guys might luck out :)

LMAO most of those BoD's don't even know what "e-mail" is. I would have been more optimistic before John's resignation, but now..... Who knows, you guys might luck out :)

You might be right. No email reply i called them and ghey said they are having some issues with insurance hence they might not be doing open house this year.

Sorry guys, there is no open house this year
Wow, I just heard! Absolutely insane. First time in 16 years that there won't be an open house! I had to call John Evers to confirm, I couldn't believe it. We had a long chat so was nice to catch up with old friends. What I heard though was absolutely terrible. Hopefully John can go back and fix everything (again). Just wow :(

Wow, I just heard! Absolutely insane. First time in 16 years that there won't be an open house! I had to call John Evers to confirm, I couldn't believe it. We had a long chat so was nice to catch up with old friends. What I heard though was absolutely terrible. Hopefully John can go back and fix everything (again). Just wow :(
What's the problem?
I've been going for a few years now and was really looking forward to it.

Anyone riding from Mississauga/Oakville area? Im totally psyched for this. Itd be even better to ride down with a group. I wanna do Saturday.

What's the problem?
I've been going for a few years now and was really looking forward to it.
The gun range is owned only by a board of directors. That BOD that went "insane". There was no single person able to stop them. The open house getting canceled is just the start of the fallout. That's about all I'm at liberty to say.

Sorry guys, I've been absent lately because of a basement reno but I'll clarify a few things.

Firstly, it was a member who proposed cancelling the open house this year. The decision was made by the membership, not the BoD. The root causes stemmed primarily from insurance concerns and there were issues about who would supply the guys. Unfortunately the wear and tear on firearms through this event is huge, and everyone is awfully concerned about liability these days. Even if the event could have gone on this year, there was a secondary concern that it wouldn't be as well run because of various logistical concerns.

I wasn't on the Open House committee, but my understanding is the event will be returning next year after these issues have been resolved. There was some drama with the prior BoD and the new BoD (elected in march) didn't seem to have enough time to resolve things. For a period of time, there was some significant issues (outside of the open house) that needed to be addressed.

I won't go into much detail, but i think we are on good footing now and we seem to have an effective BoD in place. Running a not-for-profit can be tricky and political at times, and sometimes things break down. I'm sure the club appreciates your understanding. The group from GTA motorcycle is one of the larger groups that show up all together, its great to see new and old people coming out and shooting some guns.

Last edited:
Sad to hear. I really enjoyed your range

Back
Top Bottom