Beadrider again | GTAMotorcycle.com

Beadrider again

MacDoc

Site Supporter
Constant chatter up at the Forks is seat comfort. Talked to a rider today with a G650 BMW - suggested he try a Beadrider - looked up his bike and up came this review.

I love my Beadrider this guy too.

IMG_2042.jpg

Monkey Butt? Stiff, achy behind after a few hours on the bike? Look no further – the BeadRider Beaded Motorcycle Seat is here to relieve your arse and make riding comfortable again. Reminiscent of beaded seat covers that taxi drivers use, I’m here to tell you that this seat cover is a great and far less expensive alternative to Sargent or Rick Mayer custom motorcycle seats.

Why the BeadRider Beaded Motorcycle Seat is AWESOME!

I love the BeadRider beaded motorcycle seat. Love it. So much that I took it on a trip from Boston to Ushuaia. I’ve put over 22,000 miles on my BeadRider – and it wins, hands-down, over more expensive seat options. In fact, the SO was jealous of my BeadRider – he took an AirHawk which he was ready to scrap by the end of the trip, while I was still proudly riding with my BeadRider.

more

http://aintnopillion.com/2012/02/review-beadrider-beaded-motorcycle-seat/

Works for me....many others....lot less than a custom seat. It's riding weather....get comfie :D

lol reminds me of the beads cabbies have on their seats. Are they more comfortable than an aftermarket seat like Corbin?

That's hard to say - it improves my Russell Daylong.
Not all after market seats work well - Corbin seems mixed.
I found I did not need the Beadrider on the Sargent seat on the KLR - but was great on the ST1100 - better than the lambswool aftermarket cover.

It's cheap tho and really does work for me and others here who have them. The guy above was sure enthusiastic

Interesting. Don't think it'd work well on a SS but I was curious still, thanks.
Btw, are you sure he was talking about these kinds of beads?? lol last joke I swear :lmao:

I have Corbin and put on beadrider for long rides (1 day+), awesome stuff. Mine is not SS - 2007 FZ6, fit is perfect. It does not cover pillion part - just enough for my butt.

A big part of seat comfort is ventilation and this is what the BR provides. Most motorcycle "seats" are just pieces of vinyl wrapped foam and most gear is either leather or nylon, so skin irritation is guaranteed once the weather warms up.

They look a bit goofy but they also spread your weight out a bit too, sort of like a snowshoe, so the seat foam doesn't compress and create hotspots. The seat shape and foam hardness probably determines how well it works. I don't use it as much when it's colder, since the seat firms up and the extra airflow is a bit chilly. It's cheap enough to try, fortunately.

Last edited:
I am going to give one a try before a trip out east next month. My seat is comfortable as it is (sargent) and I have done 1000km days on it with no issue, but no seat is perfect and anything that can add some comfort to a long day is most welcome, especially at the price.

Yeah - the Sargent is very good but the Beadrider might be a good addition and being able to have an alternative is a nice option for cheap.

OK...just ordered the fancy dancy ceramic version...this better work, the reviews look good.

Mine just came in and I'm sitting it at the kitchen table ( I have sciatica so any chair can be a problem )
Looking forward to it on the Burgman again ( I left mine in Australia )
I think the ceramic is worth the extra few dollars.
Just be warned it will feel weird....it will stay feeling weird...but it likely won't hurt the way the regular seats do over a long ride.

Bumping this thread.

Anyone try this on more of sport bike type seats? I have one for my car and beads do help with ventilation so I know that for sure.

The problem I have with longer rides is that it starts to get hurt in the thigh area like quarter between the back and inner (don't know if that makes sense) - basically where the narrower portion of the seat meets my thigh.

It helps a lot if you are trying to deal with discomfort and irritation from heat and sweat. But since the beads do not significantly alter the shape of the seat, I didn't find that it makes much of a difference in pain from pressure points.

If your thighs are sore from the edge of the seat digging in then the beads may help a bit if they roll over the edge and down the side of the seat, effectively making the edge less sharp. It'll probably be a fairly subtle improvement though.

I'm actually using a beaded cover intended for a car seat if you want to find a cheaper option to play around with first. Mine is natural wood color and is ugly as hell, but it works.

It was fairly easy to remove a large section of the beads (the car seat back section) without disturbing the main seating area, which fit nicely on my bike seat.

I love the bead rider and use it when I go on trips. Works well with my Sergeant seat, adds a lot of comfort even when it looks so uncomfortable.

I have a Sargent low seat on order for my Concours and I also just ordered a regular beadrider. The beadrider should be here hopefully tomorrow so I'll get to try it out on my stock seat and then on my sargent. Can't wait to try it.

Have the beadrider ceramic, kept my *** out of the water in torrential rain. No complaints, definitely helped on a 10hr ride, left no marks on the seat after a season.

Yeah I know about aftermarket seat brands like saddlemen or corbin.

But as people say good things about them, there are also some that say negative or neutral things about them. That's why I wanted to try bead rider since it's at a lot lower price point.

Back
Top Bottom