Speeding ticket- Help | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Speeding ticket- Help

Wow, that sucks!
How was it that it went to trial so quickly (6 months)?

Did your paralegal even show up in court? Did he even get disclosure?

My speeding ticket only took 3 months to go to court.

My update on Hwy-Law is about the same. Accomplished nothing and never called me to tell me what happened. I found out I lost by the bill from the court that showed up in the mail later. I haven't heard a thing from them since 2 days before my trial. That was 2 months ago.
I guess the saying 'you get what you pay for' really applies here.
Wow, that sucks!
How was it that it went to trial so quickly (6 months)?

Did your paralegal even show up in court? Did he even get disclosure?
Well when I spoke to him in May they told me the steps. I'm not sure if the clerks actually did what they said.
Yes, I got my trail day less than 6months, the notice came early as even july/august.

Yikes. I'm sorry to hear that.

What was the $$ amount of the original charge?

I think it was around $250.

Hopefully my insurance doesn't care too much about this charge.

Well when I spoke to him in May they told me the steps. I'm not sure if the clerks actually did what they said.
Yes, I got my trail day less than 6months, the notice came early as even july/august.

Insurance will really depend upon your company. MOST will ding you if the conviction registered was for the full 84 in a 60 zone as it is 24 over. Some companies don't bother with under 15 some will let it slide to 19 over but once you hit the "magic" number of 20 or over most will care at that level. Good luck on your next renewal it "may" sneak in under the radar, as they don't look at your abstract every year.

If it's any consolation, if you've been with a company for a long time, there's a good chance they will not pull your drivers abstract upon renewal. I know this is common practice with StateFarm. Just don't make any changes/inquiries on your policy.

Either way, it's not the end of the world. Not ideal but in reality your insurance will bump up 10? 20? bucks a month. That's 2 visits to McDonalds. :)

Outcome of the trail: convicted for speeding.

Review: Wayne Archambault Court Services- http://411.ca/business/profile/7739800

Piece of **** service! It ended up costing me more than if I did this myself. The whole point was hiring them was to reduce my charges or get it thrown out. ****ing useless... $250 to 'fight' my case, $60 in court charges.
I was convicted for speeding and they didn't even have the negligence to give me a call after the court date. I had to call twice and ask what the results were, plus the clerks barely speak English. The first lady gave me results of someone elses case, I had to correct her. The 2nd lady told me my fine was $30, however today in the mail it says $60.
If the owner, wayne fought for my case, he would've won but my case probably had one of the 2 clerks.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Sorry i had to get that out of my system, another person suckered into believing these bastards.

Next time, don't stop if you can get away clean, thats step one, step two if you have absolute no way with a clean run, even before to try to dip, just know, the moment you pull over, two things are going to happen, one the cop is nice lets you off with a warning, two - mostly likely you get a ticket, say nothing if its related to speeding, if its for things like tail light, indicator not working, anything like that always say "yes sir sorry about that, im actually waiting on the parts, i ordered them through my mechanic and they will be here in a week", he will come back and give you your license, i had two cops say the exact same thing...here you go, im not going to give you a ticket because i can't, you stated you already have parts coming in and i can't prove that you don't so here you go your DL and insurance, have a nice day. So i never worry about those kinds of charged so i always stop, when i KNOW i wasn't speeding or busting a wheelie, cus i know its going to be a bullsshit win win for me.

the only time i HAD to pay, and i paid for the best or one of the best was when i got the hta 172, and it was over a grand for that.

from all the stuff, i really don't go out on my bikes alot, i just go for quick rips and keeping it solo fun, and im good, i notice once you start riding as commuting, and fun, and with friends, thats when you start getting tickets, for reasons because you are free bait when commuting, you were speeding while having fun, or you are part of a group and indirectly targeted etc.

also in cars i don't care if im late, i've learned i rather be late then get a ticket, knowing how easy it is to get away on a bike and agile, makes me realise how useless cars are and that there is not point speeding in cars, trucks, you'll never be on time anyways, just time management better so you have enough time in your cage to drive slow.

if its for things like tail light, indicator not working, anything like that always say "yes sir sorry about that, im actually waiting on the parts, i ordered them through my mechanic and they will be here in a week", he will come back and give you your license, i had two cops say the exact same thing...here you go, im not going to give you a ticket because i can't, you stated you already have parts coming in and i can't prove that you don't so here you go your DL and insurance, have a nice day. So i never worry about those kinds of charged so i always stop, when i KNOW i wasn't speeding or busting a wheelie, cus i know its going to be a bullsshit win win for me.
you're very lucky to have gotten off using, "parts are on the way". the officer can use that in court because you've knowingly taken a vehicle with equipment issues onto the road.

the officer shouldn't really care whether you have parts ordered, his only concern is whether the indicators/equipment are functioning at the time you were stopped; he could have you tow the car home/garage/workshop.

the reason why cops don't give out too many equipment tickets is because they're "strict liability offences"; defendants can say that the taillights were working when they left their house, and must have went out as they were driving.

but you if you say you ordered parts and left your home knowing that the taillights don't work, then you can't use the "due diligence" defence in court.

Back
Top Bottom