Speeding ticket- Help | GTAMotorcycle.com

Speeding ticket- Help

KarGo

Got a speeding ticket this morning for doing 84 in a 60zone. (Car)

Down hill, wasn't paying attention to the speed. I don't have a case to fight it on.

Is there any recommended ticket fighter?
What should I do?

Request trial right away or wait?

Call Redline cause they're sponsors here on GTAM and come highly recommended, HWY-LAW is another widely used one. Or I can give you my guy's info.

Request trial right away or wait?
might be in your best interest to request trial right away, if you're looking for 11b points down the road

recent decisions have been using R. v. Andrade's intake guidelines based on when you file your ticket within the 15-days you're allotted:

Corporation (City of Mississauga) v. Lam, 2012 ONCJ 734 (CanLII)
After a thorough analysis of what would constitute a reasonable intake period for a Part I regulatory offence in the City of Toronto that had been based on a proper factual foundation, Libman J. in Toronto (City) v. Andrade 2011 ONCJ 470 (CanLII), 2011 ONCJ 470 (O.C.J.),held that a reasonable neutral intake period should be in the range of 30 to 45 days, with a 30-day intake period for an accused person who files their Notice of Intention to Appear near the beginning of the 15 days in which an accused person has to file the Notice and 45 days for an accused person who files the Notice near the end of the 15 day period permitted to file the Notice. This intake period established for the City of Toronto of 30 to 45 days would equally apply to Part I regulatory offences arising in the City of Mississauga. Hence, 31 days will be subtracted from the overall length of delay.

Maybe I should've called Redline. I called hwy-law it's only $200 but they said I probably won't win.

I went with Macs guy. He has an office in Scarborough and one in mississauga.

$250 to fight the case. Has a track record of winning 60-70% of his cases. Guarantees 100% of getting zero demerit points.

zero point guarantee means nothing, you can get that yourself; prosecutors here in the GTA will reduce your ticket by 9kph to secure a zero demerit point conviction in a heartbeat

+24kph is 3 demerit points, so even a novice class license wouldn't get suspended; it'll take atleast a year to get to trial, and if you loose... the points will only stay for another year

imo, you should inquire how much your insurance will go up over the next three years if you get convicted for +15kph (zero points) and decide whether Redline's $500 is cheaper in the longrun

Calling them would raise red flag right away!
One of my buddies told me he got dinged for speeding couple years ago without losing points, and the insurance raised the premium only by 5%.
I guess I was luckier than you. I went 30km over but got reduced to 15km on the spot. But then again, I had 2 speeding tickets in just 2 months in my 25 yrs clean driving records!

At 66 and a 40 year rider I guess it's silly to think you should pay the ticket.

Very. If he pays the ticket depending on the company he's looking at a 10-15% increase for the next 3 years. And that's just on the bike

Outcome of the trail: convicted for speeding.

Review: Wayne Archambault Court Services- http://411.ca/business/profile/7739800

Piece of **** service! It ended up costing me more than if I did this myself. The whole point was hiring them was to reduce my charges or get it thrown out. ****ing useless... $250 to 'fight' my case, $60 in court charges.
I was convicted for speeding and they didn't even have the negligence to give me a call after the court date. I had to call twice and ask what the results were, plus the clerks barely speak English. The first lady gave me results of someone elses case, I had to correct her. The 2nd lady told me my fine was $30, however today in the mail it says $60.
If the owner, wayne fought for my case, he would've won but my case probably had one of the 2 clerks.

My update on Hwy-Law is about the same. Accomplished nothing and never called me to tell me what happened. I found out I lost by the bill from the court that showed up in the mail later. I haven't heard a thing from them since 2 days before my trial. That was 2 months ago.

Wow, that sucks!
How was it that it went to trial so quickly (6 months)?

Did your paralegal even show up in court? Did he even get disclosure?

Review: Wayne Archambault Court Services- http://411.ca/business/profile/7739800

Piece of **** service! It ended up costing me more than if I did this myself. The whole point was hiring them was to reduce my charges or get it thrown out. ****ing useless... $250 to 'fight' my case, $60 in court charges.
I was convicted for speeding and they didn't even have the negligence to give me a call after the court date. I had to call twice and ask what the results were, plus the clerks barely speak English. The first lady gave me results of someone elses case, I had to correct her. The 2nd lady told me my fine was $30, however today in the mail it says $60.
If the owner, wayne fought for my case, he would've won but my case probably had one of the 2 clerks.

Yikes. I'm sorry to hear that.

What was the $$ amount of the original charge?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom