Endurance Racing with Soar at GBM this year? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Endurance Racing with Soar at GBM this year?

quikcolin

Just wondering if there will be endurance racing this summer with Soar at Grand Bend? Can't find anything on the website. Broady and I are considering a come back... ;)

Every round. As long as I have anything to say about it SOAR will always have endurance racing.

Every round. As long as I have anything to say about it SOAR will always have endurance racing.

Sorry for not keeping the thread on topic, just a quick question: do you need a race license to participate in the endurance races?

Sorry for not keeping the thread on topic, just a quick question: do you need a race license to participate in the endurance races?

SOAR 2013 RULEBOOK

Section 15: Endurance Racing Rules and Procedures
a. Riders:
  • (1)ONLY pre-registered riders may compete on machines they have registered for. No borrowing riders. No substituting riders.(2)All registered riders do not have to compete
  • (3)No limit to amount of riders a team may register
  • (4)Any rider involved in crash must seek medical clearance prior to re-entering course if directed by race staff
  • (5)All riders must be qualified to race. Meaning they must be properly licensed with a 2013 SOAR Competition License and entered with SOAR
  • (6)All riders must be physically fit. Should a marshal recognize a rider who appears in distress he/she will be directed to medical for a check before being allowed to continue
  • .(7)Riders will not be classified as expert or novice for the purposes of endurance.(Where a rider’s physical/mental state comes into question as determined by SOAR staff or on track safety crews. The rider may be asked to provide a doctor’s certificate confirming that the rider in question is fit to compete. The medical form will be provided by SOAR. The questioned rider will be suspended until this requirement is met.
  • (9) Only riders registered to that team may ride for that team. Laps completed by an unregistered rider will not be scored. Registered riders are not obliged to compete.

Last edited:
Even a 4.5 hr race would be cool....50% longer than we are used to.
Although a 6 or 8 would definitely light a fire under a team's *** to build quick change hardware.

Not likely. It would have to be a stand alone event and in my opinion would need a year leadtime and some good money behind it. NOw that said of Dunlop and Competition Cycle are game for title sponsor I can see if I can get a date :D

What about mid summer, just run one race an extra 1.5 hrs Ken? Lotsa daylight in June and July

Just wondering if there will be endurance racing this summer with Soar at Grand Bend? Can't find anything on the website. Broady and I are considering a come back... ;)

Nice looooooooooooong U turn there, but welcome back.

What about mid summer, just run one race an extra 1.5 hrs Ken? Lotsa daylight in June and July

More to it than that. First if people are pounding bikes for those hours they will not enter without a payout (that I dont have) also there is costs involved as in track, ambulance not always available they do a stock car track sat nights and you want to break it to the marshals? June is the all bike weekend so security becomes a real issue when the drags shut down (hard time last year keeping drag guys off our track) July is the shreeve weekend with the scooter race, band and bbq for everyone....... Like I said I am all about endurance but longer races will take big planning. What I would like to do is a 6-8 hr with a late start so its dark at the finish. This would require lots of advance notice to allow people to prepare and cash for payouts deep in field. I have spoken to a couple big companies about this ( not Dave and Dunlop haha) and there is interest so its not off the table just cant see it happening this season.

That sounds awesome. I have a spare set of fairings.....I will make an endurance headlight hole just in case!!!

Back
Top Bottom