First 1000km service ... and a real shock | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

First 1000km service ... and a real shock

Exactly how do you bend a valve without breaking the timing chain or belt?

By having the valve's head make contact when at full extension, which bends the valve stem. In my case it was because of a buggered up valve adjustment by a crap mechanic.

A second bad experience at Ready Honda.

On Wednesday evening I brought my bike to the dealership after it was closed and left it overnight so the oil and bike would be cold first thing in the AM.

Recall :

Honda has decided that a defect which relates to motor vehicle safety exists in certain 2013 model year Honda CB500F/CB500X/CBR500R motorcycles. There is a possibility that one of the bolts used in the assembly of the engine may not have received the proper anti-corrosion treatment, which could allow the bolts to loosen during operation. A bolt that loosens or falls out during operation can cause an oil leak, a reduction in engine power or an engine stall, increasing the risk of a crash.

I returned at 9 am to the service department to give them the keys and explain that the bike is just here for the recall and I had taken the time to drop the bike off the night before so that it would be cold .... the service tech let me know that he might be able to fit the bike in today but would call me to let me know either way .... of course no call Thursday.

I let it go until mid day Friday. Now I'm annoyed. I call Ready Honda and stay on hold for 35 minutes and hang up ... now I'm fuming. A second call later in the evening and I'm on hold for 45 minutes ... irrate ... i call and speak to the owner who is nice enough and receive a call from the service supervisor very quickly after I get off the phone .. it was done Thursday but nobody bothered to call me..... i can't pick it up until Monday and it has cost we 48.00 in parking as I had to drive my truck Fri sat and sun ...

No more Ready Honda for me .. also ... I've let 2 people who were going to consider buying bikes from there know ..

Seems like most shops are run worse than car dealers.

Another reason I enjoy working on my own bike

More reasons Ready Honda sucks balls

Yeah, I'll never go back to Ready Honda ever again. Bought a used bike from them this season, good price overall, but the guys working there are idiots. Sales lied to me and dicked around trying to upsell me into a brand new cbr1000 when they "Didnt have" what I originally wanted. Eventually he "found" one in stock. Told I would have it 2 days to pick it up on the monday. 2 weeks later finally get it. Called to complain about having to wait so long, sales manager told me "Times are tough". So? Shouldnt you be nicer to a guy who handed you 4g's in cash if times are so tough? Bike wasnt washed, chain tension was out of spec, oil was dirty, tires were underinflated.

In short, I miss the private honda dealers.

Yeah, I'll never go back to Ready Honda ever again. Bought a used bike from them this season, good price overall, but the guys working there are idiots. Sales lied to me and dicked around trying to upsell me into a brand new cbr1000 when they "Didnt have" what I originally wanted. Eventually he "found" one in stock. Told I would have it 2 days to pick it up on the monday. 2 weeks later finally get it. Called to complain about having to wait so long, sales manager told me "Times are tough". So? Shouldnt you be nicer to a guy who handed you 4g's in cash if times are so tough? Bike wasnt washed, chain tension was out of spec, oil was dirty, tires were underinflated.

In short, I miss the private honda dealers.

Honda is ruining the motorcycle business. First the stupid Honda stores, and the bikes are looking and acting more and more like their boring cars. They have also slipped in reliability from #1.

It's really sad to see them slipping from what they were. Look at the latest lineup, lots of plastic and muted car colors. The new CB650F is awful.

I really don't get why they bother with MotoGP, then design all the new bikes by committees to look and have like 2 wheeled Civics.

Last edited:
I miss being able to take people at their word ....

Wow, I got burned there too. Used to live in London, I sent my bike there for my first service driving ~170 kms one way. I was new to riding and thought I should bring it to them since I bought it from them. When I returned home the lock nuts on my shifter was replaced by a fu!@#@g zip tie. The lock nut was like 2 bucks!!! I never returned and after that I work on my own bike.
Hully Gully is horrible! My wife's Tu250 was a demo from there sold as new (few enough kms). When I picked it up I noticed a vibration from the front brake. Took it in a week later for them to look at, but they "couldn't see or feel anything". I drove away ****** off, and after hitting the brake once, turned around and asked them to take another look. They started getting impatient with me, but I stood in the back while they checked the brake. I could hear that that the brake was grabbing unevenly while they were on it, and when they stopped, I took a closer look and saw grooves in the rotor from the uneven wear. Basically, they hadn't even looked at it; front brake isn't that important, right? Rotor was either warped or had an uneven thickness to the metal. It wouldn't have passed safety if I had wanted to sell it, so I don't know how it was ok to sell it to me that way. Replaced under warranty after a bit of arguing. If I buy a honda, I would rather leave town (Londoner) to buy it than go back in there

you think thats bad, wait untill you go into the parts dept...lol.... the young guy is ok but the asian guy is a total *******... he thinks his **** dont stink and he knows it all and insults customers , what a piece of work he is.... wonder if he treats his family and friends that way.

Do not .. I repeat .. do not use Ready Honda ... period .. this is the shop located at 430 Hensall circle. Yesterday I called to ask to make an appointment for the work. Service told me that they don't make appointments. I asked if they had time to do my first service to which they replied they could start it yesterday night and it would be finished in the AM.

I called 4 times this morning and nobody answered the phone. So at 12:00 I stopped by and was told they haven't even started. Im currently sitting here until its done.

Im ****** for several reasons. I could have used my bike last night if they weren't starting the service. Second ... when I got ****** today the service guy said ... well we charge less hours then anyone else ... I called north bay where I bought it and the quote was less .... so yeah right buddy!!!

Third. I was told that a first service on a 13 cbr500r was about 300.00. The service department says im upto about 360.00 so far ... I am effing fuming. Honda head office says to take it up with the mgmt at the dealership .....

ill sit and wait ... but im not happy ... and a good screw you ready honda is well in order here!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom