M2 Exit Guelph route help | GTAMotorcycle.com

M2 Exit Guelph route help

I just completed the RTI course this past week. I don't remember the exact route (instructor said it changes everytime anyways) but the 401 portion involved getting on and off around Hespeler Road in Cambridge (one exit west or east, depending on what route that day). The commercial section was Hespeler road, and the residential section was one of the side streets just off Hespeler.

The RTI course is really well structured and you will practice everything you will be tested on during the morning portion of the course. So there will be absolutely zero surprises. Things to keep an eye on is checking your blind spots, and moving your head to identify potential hazards. There was also emphasis on making full stops at the appropriate limit lines, and riding in the correct tire track appropriate for the current situation.

Sorry I can't offer insight on the route, but trust me there will be no surprises and the test was very fair.

Thank you both!

I downloaded a M/M2 road test checklist and will remind myself on these points at all time (turning heads like crazy, blocking position, and etc)...

I booked the M2 Exit at 255 Woodlawn Road West location... It might not be the same area alvin545 went thru... I recall an old post in this forum said it would involve a part of route 6 (not really a highway per say) and some local roads around (some of them do not have speed sign posts)...

Thank you both!

I downloaded a M/M2 road test checklist and will remind myself on these points at all time (turning heads like crazy, blocking position, and etc)...

I booked the M2 Exit at 255 Woodlawn Road West location... It might not be the same area alvin545 went thru... I recall an old post in this forum said it would involve a part of route 6 (not really a highway per say) and some local roads around (some of them do not have speed sign posts)...

I did mine through RTI and not the ministry directly. I'm pretty sure your route will be different. Just do as much of the items on the checklist as possible, and treat it like a normal ride. Good luck!

Passed the test on Tuesday! So did the dude who took the test before me on a 2009 black R6 - thank him for sharing the route and tips after he was done!

Here is the route (for both of us)
go out of the mall from its east side to Arrow Rd.
turn right (to west) to Woodlawn Rd W
turn left (to south) to Royal Rd
turn left (to east) to Speedvale Ave W
turn right (to south) on to Hanlon Pkwy
turn right (to west) off to Willow
turn right (to north) to Markham Rd
go around the residential area (left/right turns, stop signs, and one road side stop)
turn right (to east) to Speedvale Ave W again
turn right (to south) on to Hanlon Pkwy
turn left (to east) off to Willow
turn left (to north) to Dawson Rd
turn left (to west) to Woodlawn Rd W
turn right (to north) to Silvercreek Pkwy N
turn right back to the mall

I lost the instructor and had to wait their car on the side of the road... twice... but she was nice and did not take any point out...

I'm bumping a 4 year old post here, but does anyone have any info on the Guelph test? Is alamusi's route posted above still the same one being used today? I'm surprised that it didn't include any of the ramps at the highway 6 & 24 intersection.

I still think it's better to learn to ride than it is to learn a route.

Of course I know how to ride at this point. Jeez, are the regulars normally this crusty around here?

Yup! That's where GTAM gets its charms.

But seriously....I don't see the point of learning the route....the testers voice is like a GPS....turn here...turn there....blah blah blah.

Just remember your head should be on a swivel and you'll be fine.

they have a point tho. Knowing the route is pointless and could be distracting. You may be expecting them to say "turn right" but the route you memorized says left.
Listen to the testers, just pretend you are on a group ride and relax. One tip is to put a stripe of tape down the back of your helmet to better show you have your
head on a swivel.

I still think it's better to learn to ride than it is to learn a route.

+100

If you think knowing the route will help you in anyway then you probably need to get out and ride more. Should not have any issues obeying the rules of the road and riding properly. The only advice anyone really needs for an M exit is to over exaggerate your shoulder checks and do it a lot.

The rest is easy.

Yup! That's where GTAM gets its charms.

But seriously....I don't see the point of learning the route....the testers voice is like a GPS....turn here...turn there....blah blah blah.

Just remember your head should be on a swivel and you'll be fine.

I should clarify, I wasn't so interested in knowing the exact route, just surprised that it apparently doesn't include the only busy highway interchange in the city. Although I am having a good laugh at the number of people assuming I have to be looking for an easy way out, that's that charm you mentioned.

Back
Top Bottom