Phone mounts? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Phone mounts?

Curious, do you guys mount your phones? if so, what do you use?
Be helpful if you let us know what bike and phone you've got ;)

I like steering stem mounts, by Ram Mounts: http://www.rammount.com/

I can use the same socket for my GPS mount, iPod mount, etc. etc.

R1_gps.png

-Jamie M.

I have a life proof iPhone 5 case and jimmy rigged a mount to work with my gopro mounts. Works quite well

Does Anyone use the X-Grip by ram mount?

I'm still hesitant on pulling the trigger on one and putting my Note2 in it

i use the otter box belt clip and 2 zip ties to the triple clamp( piece of foam in between).

sandwich bag when it rains, never fallen off or got wet

gerry

My kid uses the ram mount X grip with his iphone and otterbox. It looks like a slick unit and can adapt to different
phones gps with no problems.

I also have a note 2 also and was kinda curious (because it's an expensive phone and I don't want to see it bounce down the 401)

I was planning on using a bicycle mount (which I already bought) with some industrial velcro on either side (back of the GPS and on the bicycle mount). After getting all the hardware together ... I found that I don't have a way to charge the GPS ... looking for a way to adapt my battery tender (OptiMATE 3+)

Does Anyone use the X-Grip by ram mount?

I'm still hesitant on pulling the trigger on one and putting my Note2 in it
quality and holds extremely well. I would only ever worry in the most extreme conditions.
I've not used but have seen the X-Grip, it is very high

I don't have a way to charge the GPS ... looking for a way to adapt my battery tender (OptiMATE 3+)
I still don't understand what you're trying to do? Does your GPS charge by USB? There are lots of way to charge it from your bike, completely forget about trying to adapt your OptiMATE connection to do it.

If you want to add a 12v socket to your bike, so you can plug in your GPS's car charger adapter: http://www.amazon.ca/Motorcycle-Cig...9&sr=8-1-fkmr0&keywords=12v+waterproof+socket

You can connect the above socket right to your battery, it has no standby drain and has an inline fuse. Your Optimate has a funny connector so I wasn't able to find a pigtale to allow you to connect it to your optimate connector (no reason to if you can connect it right to your battery anyway).

If you want to add a USB port so you can charge your GPS directly, or your phones, etc. http://www.princessauto.com/pal/product/8405235/

The USB port is best connected to a switched source as it's unfused and has standby current draw (i.e. it'll drain your battery even when nothing is plugged into the USB port). Your license plate light is a great power source for the USB port as it's only on when the key is on, and is fused.

If you need help installing either of the above just pick up the parts and head over to my place and we'll get it all set up.

-Jamie M.

Just purchased 2nd ram mount for my new bike. had the first kit on my previous bike using the iphone 4s mount, phone and mount survived being hit by an f150 without a scratch...bike was a write-off.

iphone mount and go-pro mount..both work great.

Be helpful if you let us know what bike and phone you've got ;)

I have a SG3 (with an Otter Box hard case) and was planning on mounting it on my '09 Ninja 250. I was looking into the X Grip by Ram but i'm hesitant on it's quality.

I don't want to have to take it out of the existing case.

Last edited:
I use a RAM stem mount. Easy to install and remove every time you get off the bike. Super sturdy, adjustable and places the phone in the perfect viewing position. I love mine

I got it at a store called RadioWorld on Steeles. They have all kinds of different RAM mounts in stock

I picked up the xGrip phablet mount and its been doing a great job holding my Note 2.

I went with the brake cylinder mount also

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1432541879761.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1432541879761.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 82
  • uploadfromtaptalk1432541911410.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1432541911410.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 88
I have some x-grip mount from RAM and the thingy that connects it to your stem mount. Both are for sale. I dont have the stem mount cuz it was on the bike which got stolen.

I also have a note 2 also and was kinda curious (because it's an expensive phone and I don't want to see it bounce down the 401)

I was planning on using a bicycle mount (which I already bought) with some industrial velcro on either side (back of the GPS and on the bicycle mount). After getting all the hardware together ... I found that I don't have a way to charge the GPS ... looking for a way to adapt my battery tender (OptiMATE 3+)

What is the connector like on your tender? I have the Deltran, and I just picked this up>>>
dabdc013ac4743da4246bc5fa790eefa.jpg

Back
Top Bottom