2013 ER6N front wheel won't come up! | GTAMotorcycle.com

2013 ER6N front wheel won't come up!

Ramtin

hey guys... i'd like to see if anyone would be able to tell me what i'm dong wrong...

2013 ER6n... 650 parallel twin....

first gear, doesn't matter how much i rev up, when i try to pull the clutch quickly and release, front wheel won't come up!

do i need to adjust my clutch cable maybe? someone please help... i feel the bike wanting to do it but it just doesn't happen...

i've seen people do it with old ER6Ns so i know it's not a power issue.

thanks for your help.

user error

+1,

You're Revving it up but not cranking the throttle enough.
It is the beginner to wheelie mistake, Its an internal fear of looping the bike that everyone has when they first try a wheelie.
If you know what your doing you can wheelie a CBR125.

The best advice I can give you is it doesn't matter where your RPMs are, it matters how far you have cranked your throttle.
a 1/4 turned throttle at 10,000 RPM,s will not pop as high as a fully turned throttle at 5,000 RPMs.

So grow some balls and twist that wrist more :D

Go to the forks of the credit and ham fist it in first over woops in the begining, be around 5500 rpm when u start.
That should get u a result

Lol! I understand .. Will grow them balls and report what happens soon! Thanks guys!

Go to 4500-5000 rpm in first, snap closed and snap full throttle the front will come up. sometimes in 2nd i can time it right. This is a "rolling" wheelie btw, so your moving forward. This is typically easier for a beginner.

Last edited:
PHP:
user error

Thanks for reminding me that Guy Martin!
im here to now what I'm doing wrong . That's why I posted this the last time I checked! Lol

Pretty much impossible to tell you what you are doing wrong over the internet. I don't want to assume this is your problem, but usually what I see with people just learning how to "pop the clutch" is that they think its simply pulling the clutch in and letting it out fast...Its actually more of a slipping of the clutch, with a quick throttle action on the release...When done right with enough slip and gas you can clutch up almost any bike in the world...If the bike is stock geared, heavy or under powered I use way more clutch slipping and a hand full of gas on the release....On a geared stunt bike is much faster and less throttle needed to lift the front...

thanks for the response guys.. i'll keep you posted :D

but some of you said that i should give it full throttle.. i haven't been able to do that since i bought the bike, if i crack it open full, front will come up without even poppin the clutch, (already has happened, i would be more comfortable doing this when the ground is warmer) it's kinda scary to give it a full open throttle on first gear... how do you guys keep up with litter bikes? LOL ... i might sound like a chicken **** but i don't wanna drop my brand new bike. i will do it once it's warmer and i got more grip.

Last edited:
thanks for the response guys.. i'll keep you posted :D

but some of you said that i should give it full throttle.. i haven't been able to do that since i bought the bike, if i crack it open full, front will come up without even poppin the clutch, (already has happened, i would be more comfortable doing this when the ground is warmer) it's kinda scary to give it a full open throttle on first gear... how do you guys keep up with litter bikes? LOL ... i might sound like a chicken **** but i don't wanna drop my brand new bike. i will do it once it's warmer and i got more grip.

Don't start at full throttle lol.
Start low and keep twisting it further and further until it comes up.

FULL THROTTLE! clutch up in 1st on a 650cc, nice advice.....are ALL you people faqin retarted?

OP you need to learn the full potential of your bikes gearing and powebands before trying to wheelie. That is the reason why you can't even get it up, you don't even know your bikes powerband, if you did, you would know what rpm to drop the clutch.

Also, when you know the powerband, all you need to do is slip the clutch while twisting the throttle 1/4 or 2/4ths of the way, when you really know how to wheelie, all you need to do is apply more or reduce throttle depending on the height you want, use brake to control the speed you want, poppin the clutch is just to lift the bike off the ground 3ft-4ft, just enough so then you can apply the throttle more or less, but never letting off the throttle while doing that, once you get that you will improve faster... you will barely need to twist the throttle in reality, you should use more rebound, perfect clutch and weight distribution techniques, i do that to save my sprocket and chain.

imo doing wheelies on anything other then a supermoto or supersports bikes is pointless, unless you're trying to become a stunt rider and could not afford to get a stunt bike and had to get a commuter style bike, but even then if you are good at riding, you can put stunt riders to shame on your complete stock bike, its all about how much you want it.

I went out, practiced, practiced, practiced, broke some parts, learned, fell, crashed alot not just wheeling, and learned more, and several years down the road, you get to a point you can wheelie one hand with your eyes closed but you will never get to that point asking us, just go out and do it.

oh and power wheelies are .... Gay! learn to do past balance point wheelies for two blocks before you tell people you can wheelie, none of that 2 second chasing ****!

good luck...

Last edited:
FULL THROTTLE! clutch up in 1st on a 650cc, nice advice.....are ALL you people faqin retarted?

No one gave advice to full throttle clutch up, I believe the OP misinterpreted my example of having to stay on the throttle instead just revving it and having the power die out when you release the clutch.

they think its simply pulling the clutch in and letting it out fast...Its actually more of a slipping of the clutch..

This is probably why my wheelies suck and are sketchy. Whenever i do a wheelie on my stock geared 600 i actually let the clutch snap right out. Usually works, sometimes its a bit hairy lol.

Did u know.....7/5ths of people don't understand fractions :)

Well in that case, ''7/5ths'' of people should not be attempting wheelies, it does take a certain level of IQ to do them without killing oneself.lol

No one gave advice to full throttle clutch up, I believe the OP misinterpreted my example of having to stay on the throttle instead just revving it and having the power die out when you release the clutch.

oh ok lol, that makes sense.

Back
Top Bottom