Toronto Maple Leafs Playoff Thread | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Toronto Maple Leafs Playoff Thread

They say the Maple Leafs haven't lost their knack at being able to grasp defeat from the jaws of victory

People keep saying they did better than they were supposed to.... way to set the bar right low
Exactly. You finished 5th, only a few points behind Boston. You deserved to be there. You battled back, down 3-1 in the series (even though most fans tossed in the towel), and you were up 4-1 with 10 mins to play in game 7. YOU DESERVED TO BE THERE. You should have WON. I don't get how people say oh keep your head high we played great. We choked big time. No pride in that.You pay $500 / ticket for games. It's amazing how this city can find so much content in losing.

Exactly. You finished 5th, only a few points behind Boston. You deserved to be there. You battled back, down 3-1 in the series (even though most fans tossed in the towel), and you were up 4-1 with 10 mins to play in game 7. YOU DESERVED TO BE THERE. You should have WON. I don't get how people say oh keep your head high we played great. We choked big time. No pride in that.You pay $500 / ticket for games. It's amazing how this city can find so much content in losing.

Yup... they even started to sway me a bit, I started thinking maybe they could get somewhere half decent this year. I thought maybe I won't be ragging on any Leafs fans for a while. From the premature celebrations on Facebook, I thought they already won. And then, while I was out, a friend was texting me the play by play, and my lack of faith in them was fully restored. Got home in time to catch the OT

Didn't take long for the Rangers to put Tort's on the guillotine.
Wonder if the guy will ever land a coaching job in his lifetime?

Tort's only really coaches the rangers anyway. so unless 4 years from now, Rangers are desperate again, panicking with no decent coaches available for hire, they'll turn to Tortorella again lol

After this last stint I doubt it.

Also,

just want to say it.

Leafs have 3 problems.

1) Phaneuf. he is a terrible captain. voted by NHL players as the most OVERRATED player in the league.
Leader should have 1 or all of 3 qualities. A) plus/minus guy who is steady, reliable and evens out other players' mistakes. B) player who shows up and give 100% EVERY night. reliable. sets and example for other players to play as professionals. the anti-kovalev. C) an elite player. someone who is usually among NHL leaders in points. game breaker. game winning goals. shootouts. overtime comes through with the big goal.
captains are players like Yzerman, Gilmour, Lemeiux, Teows , Alfredsson, dustin brown (biggest reason why LA won the cup), Lidstrom, Zetterberg, Datsyuk (not captain, but would make a great one), Boyle (not a captain would make a great one), Crosby, Niedermayer etc.

Phaneuf hurts the team more than help it. too much ice time for his abilities and contribution. Too much money for what he brings to the table. he is getting paid DOUBLE what he is actually worth.

Phaneuf has NONE of the 3 qualities. Hope he is traded, or at least demoted to 3 to 6th defencement which is really what he should be. NOT worth $6.75 Million.

2) Need a #1 centre who can win face offs and is a first line centre in the NHL.

3) Need a #1 Defenceman

totally agree, Phaneuf sucks....always cruising to the corners to get the puck... even when he's 4ft ahead of the checker....
he'll slow down, and then let the checker reach the puck first....guy doesn't take the hit to move the puck....PHHFFF!

btw, would like to see the Leafs get Logan Couture....from Ontario, a center....present contract not big at all....and can see him becoming a perennial all-star.

totally agree, Phaneuf sucks....always cruising to the corners to get the puck... even when he's 4ft ahead of the checker....
he'll slow down, and then let the checker reach the puck first....guy doesn't take the hit to move the puck....PHHFFF!

btw, would like to see the Leafs get Logan Couture....from Ontario, a center....present contract not big at all....and can see him becoming a perennial all-star.

SJ would never let Couture go. if it ever happened Sharks GM (doug wilson i think) would lose his job lol.
now if Ferguson Jr was the Sharks' GM, then Couture would be traded to the leafs for Phaneuf and a 4th round draft pick. lol

What do you get when you take all 23 leafs and put them in a room with 23 lesbians?

46 people who don't do dick :D

No point in starting a 2014 Leafs playoff thread lol, way to recycle.

Go habs!

No point in starting a 2014 Leafs playoff thread lol, way to recycle.

Go habs!

I doubt there will be 2015 playoff thread either .This franchise needs to change top down .

Horrible season, badly outshot/outworked in 90% of the time.

Boo birds blaming Reimer. The same guy that stood on his head last year for the Leafs.

Players and Coaching staff lost the script after the first month, panic button should have been hit then, not after the end of the season.

Another media Frt page apology from TML again?

Yup the sheeple keep feeding the coffers of MLSE each year. Selling out every game for a low quality product in return, why change anything? It makes great business sense. Why waste big money on top talent to fill the stands that are already at capacity every night?

Yup the sheeple keep feeding the coffers of MLSE each year. Selling out every game for a low quality product in return, why change anything? It makes great business sense. Why waste big money on top talent to fill the stands that are already at capacity every night?

This argument used to work, but now there is a salary cap and the Leafs are at the limit, so i'ts not like the org. is miserly in their spending while continuing to pack the house.

Wow, I only clicked on this thread because it was at 5 pages and wanted to see what all the fuss was about. I thought the Leafs were doing well or something.

People still watch the Leafs? :lol: :lol: :lol: (I got off that bandwagon way back in the 80s and never looked back.)

2untyq1.jpg

There is a thread for this?? Leafs haven't really only been in playoffs twice (in last 20 years) that matter:

once when Gary Roberts carried the team to the semi final
and 1994.

Back
Top Bottom