kapscomoto, bad experience! | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

kapscomoto, bad experience!

I've bought levers from Kapsco...first time using them the adjuster knob broke off in my hands, called them they said "take a picture of it and send it to us" ......and they replaced the lever"

Nothing really bad to say about them but you get what you pay for...

Lol, they sent another one but still loose, disregarding/ignoring my request for a refund!!!

Not sure about your mirrors, but my $29 Chinese-made mirrors came loose, but there is a hex-bolt at a pivot point, so it took me 10 seconds to tighten them properly (and of course I found out that mirrors were loose at pivots on highway when mirrors closed at 'certain speed').

I don't know if you realized but ONE OEM mirror costs 100 dollars at Kawasaki .... Kapscomoto mirros are what, max 20-30 bucks .. for a pair ? you're not getting OEM stuff for that price lol ! I don't like these guys either, not a personal level, just products .... ordered a rear stand from them once, one of the spool hooks didn't seat properly, had to drill out a hole and add a bolt and nut to hold it in properly ... gave them a second chance again for a rear stand, when it arrived, it looked better then what I saw before .... after assembling, I realized the spool hook although seated properly, was sitting on a 45 .... after this .... I said screw it, never again, bought a pitbull stand lol!

Yeah, Kapscomoto is pretty cheap. It's comparable with ebay prices and if you need something quick it beats ordering from China.
I've purchased some signal lights and a set of spool-less stands from them. Drove in for one and got the other shipped. Was quite happy.
Considering getting their wheel balancer, if anyone has any opinions on that, please let me know.

Bought a 4 seasons motorcycle cover from them. When I opened the box I thought it was garbage. Feels like fabric, didn't think it would stop water getting through, but it was only $25 so what did I expect. I figured I'd learned my lesson and would at least use it until I bought a better one.

Put it on my bike and I've actually been surprised. Water pools on it and doesn't soak through. It fits a little small on my bike, doesn't pull down at the back lower than the rear axle but covers the entire front. I think the problem is it has pockets for mirrors that are way too far back on the cover to fit mine. Would probably be ideal if your mirrors are around the handle bars, but mine extend straight out from the windscreen.

Still wouldn't mind a thicker, heavier, bigger cover, but for what I paid I'm happy. From my limited experience, they're great as long as you understand they don't sell premium products, they sell cheap (price) products.

Last edited:
Bought a 4 seasons motorcycle cover from them. When I opened the box I thought it was garbage. Feels like fabric, didn't think it would stop water getting through, but it was only $25 so what did I expect. I figured I'd learned my lesson and would at least use it until I bought a better one.

Put it on my bike and I've actually been surprised. Water pools on it and doesn't soak through. It fits a little small on my bike, doesn't pull down at the back lower than the rear axle but covers the entire front. I think the problem is it has pockets for mirrors that are way too far back on the cover to fit mine. Would probably be ideal if your mirrors are around the handle bars, but mine extend straight out from the windscreen.

Still wouldn't mind a thicker, heavier, bigger cover, but for what I paid I'm happy. From my limited experience, they're great as long as you understand they don't sell premium products, they sell cheap (price) products.

+1, I have the same cover and its freaking awesome for the price I paid.

I bought some turn signals from kapsco @ the end of last season (October), and I didn't get around to installing them until this past weekend. I was outside of the 30 day policy and so I was not given a replacement for my faulty signal. All work fine except one. I still think if you want to maintain a decent level of customer service they should replace the defective item. I should have tested them right away also though. Lesson learned

Not sure about your mirrors, but my $29 Chinese-made mirrors came loose, but there is a hex-bolt at a pivot point, so it took me 10 seconds to tighten them properly (and of course I found out that mirrors were loose at pivots on highway when mirrors closed at 'certain speed').

this. I had a zx6r and pretty sure he just has to tighten the bolt.

want to also add i bought from kapscomoto before as well. quality is what you pay for. response and shipping was fast, no issues.

this thread is backfiring on OP big time.

this. I had a zx6r and pretty sure he just has to tighten the bolt.

want to also add i bought from kapscomoto before as well. quality is what you pay for. response and shipping was fast, no issues.

this thread is backfiring on OP big time.
yes, 5 years later

So ordered OEM (that's what I thought) mirrors for my zx6r from kapscomoto online and when the mirrors arrived one of them was broken and the other one loose as hell (from the bottom pivot point). They didn't do proper wrapping. The mirrors were only wrapped in a bubble wrap and no styrofoam of any sort!!! I mean come on. The material looks very cheap.

When I read on their website again they are actually OEM Style mirrors. So read the description before ordering anything guys. Anyways I have asked for refund and will probably buy OEM mirrors from another place.

/end
Give the vendor a chance before you flame them. Kapsco customer service is great, I'm sure you'll do OK if you call them.

On your comments about the mirror being loose... if you don't know how to setup a mirror, methinks you might be better at getting the work done at a dealer. To adjust the tension on your mirror, 1) pop off the little plastic cap, 2) adjust the allen screw (turn clockwise to increase tension), then 3) replace the cap.

I have their wheel balancer - works great. The don't come with instructions, but you can find static balancing videos on Youtube.

Back
Top Bottom