Round 1 fast approaching! Are you ready? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Round 1 fast approaching! Are you ready?

FriendlyFoe

Well race season is only a few weekends away. How many of you have been ready to go for months, and how many of you just went oh ****, i should probably start thinking about doing some service on the bike.

Works been a bit slow so i used today to pull the front end out. Forks need new seals so am going to send them out for a tear down/cleaning. Past that i still need to do all the usual things; put water back in it, oil change, and a good bath.

My biggest dilemma is i cant afford a penske for my lost era bike, and the zx6rr shock (off an 05-06) was freshened 3 seasons ago and the dilemma is do i freshen it now and run it all season, or do i leave it as is and wait until i can afford the upgrade. I want to say my skill level doesnt exceed that of what the RR shock can give me, but on the other hand better is always better, and im sure a penske would give me that much more confidence. Thoughts?

Where is everyone at with their race bikes?

Both mine and debs bikes are ready to race as of today. lots of upgrades for hers and general upkeep and replacement of broken parts (lots of them) on mine. Plus the new numbers are on. Pretty amped to be wearing my red #1 plate for the season. could be the only time I get to. She got her number this year too so everything looks good.

Sponsors are all on board too so so far this year is looking like it could be a good year if the winter ever goes away

I am in for Round 1 this weekend - Who else is in?

Yup. Rookie cup and lost era. Please boys play nice with 718. Lol.
Cool I will be in Rookie as well - Look for a Yellow and Black (601) going wide on the last turn before the back straight :sad7:

Can't get that right hander for some damn reason, so i get a terrible out and get passed on the back straight

Cool I will be in Rookie as well - Look for a Yellow and Black (601) going wide on the last turn before the back straight :sad7:

Can't get that right hander for some damn reason, so i get a terrible out and get passed on the back straight

Ya cause if u go tight like I do, the damn bike wants to buck u off. Ya I need some work there. And that the keyhole scares the crap out of me lol

Btw I'm a just black ninja with green rims (as well as silver rims). Oh and a green fender I didn't feel like painting lol

I made some go-fast cookies for that last night. Make sure you stop by and grab a couple ;)

Save some cookies for those of us arriving on Friday afternoon! I will have to break in a new motor Saturday morning so I should have time to stop and pick one up on my way by :)

parillaguy

I made some go-fast cookies for that last night. Make sure you stop by and grab a couple ;)
hey Sunny - damn right I'll come by, me likky fast cookies

Missing round 1, which really bums me out.
See you guys/gals in June : / Three rounds of Rookie, Extreme 600, and maybe open sprint..

still a few things to do... .won't be able to make practice, but I'll see everyone Friday night.

Open Sprint for me... no lost era for another 5 years :p

You will come crawling back. Those open sprint guys are soooo serious. ;)

Gonna try my best to stay out of Scott Rupert's way. lol - I'll end up in 600 somehow/eventually as well.

pretty sure Scott might be in expert. lol.

Back
Top Bottom