who to insure a dual-sport with? | GTAMotorcycle.com

who to insure a dual-sport with?

squapple

Hey, who do you guys insure your dual sport bikes with? I was looking at a 2013 KTM 500 EXC and state farm quoted me $104 a month which seems to be a lot for the type of bike....which doesn't seem right because they also quoted me $83 a month for a 2013 Ninja ZX6R!!!! ugh I don't get it.

Hey, who do you guys insure your dual sport bikes with? I was looking at a 2013 KTM 500 EXC and state farm quoted me $104 a month which seems to be a lot for the type of bike....which doesn't seem right because they also quoted me $83 a month for a 2013 Ninja ZX6R!!!! ugh I don't get it.

I think they made a mistake with their quote as they go strictly by CC so the KTM should be cheaper.

I think they made a mistake with their quote as they go strictly by CC so the KTM should be cheaper.

I've been arguing with them for about an hour now about that. The thing is the bike doesn't even come up on their computers. They emailed me this list and the bike I'm looking at isn't on it.

SELECT ONE OF THE FOLLOWING SERIES:
1190 RC8 AKROPOVIC
450 530 EXC
450 530 XC W
690 DUKE
690 SMC R
690 SUPERMOTO
990 ADVENTURE
990 ADVENTURE R
990 SUPER DUKE
**NOT LISTED**

Hmm...

My State Farm Agent is Kirk Norris in Peterborough I use him for my dirt bike. It wasnt correctly in the system if I recall but he made it work.

As noted I now use TD Auto for my street bike insurance

Give my agent a call, I think she'll be as to deal with this as she got my import insured no problem. Lilian hee-kardst on this forum. Tell her Darryl sent ya.

Off road motorcycle. The 500 exc replaced the 530 exc, that's it, that's all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aha **** my bad. So there is no specific insurer that does for dual sport what SF does for super sport?

aha **** my bad. So there is no specific insurer that does for dual sport what SF does for super sport?

What is that state farm does for SS?

Although I have a policy with SF they don't have any of my bikes or even the car.

Not sure if it's true, but my broker told me intact has a premium on ktm models because they are all performance bikes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What is that state farm does for SS?

Although I have a policy with SF they don't have any of my bikes or even the car.

I meant how StateFarm ignores the "high performance, high risk" factor and just bases quotes on displacement to gain more customers, is there a company that gives lower discounted rates on dual sport for better control of the market segment?

I've been contemplating 01/02 R6 or blue plate WR450F for some now but a good deal has come up which I find fair price and I am thinking of jumping on it. SF offered me $1490/year for an R6 so I'm sure WR450F will be much less but I want to pay as little as possible until I have two bikes then look for a new company based on which offers the best two bike policy.

Also, is there no locking cap available for bikes like the WR450F? Is it okay o remove the gas cap with a check valve for a locking gas cap from another bike that fits?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom