GSXR 600 Neutral Light indicator issue | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

GSXR 600 Neutral Light indicator issue

My neutral light didn't come on the other day. I had to keep tapping down then up repeating and finally got the n indicator on. The gear indicator sometimes displays the wrong gear or show a zero. I'm not that mechanically inclined to clean the GPS myself.

My neutral light didn't come on the other day. I had to keep tapping down then up repeating and finally got the n indicator on. The gear indicator sometimes displays the wrong gear or show a zero. I'm not that mechanically inclined to clean the GPS myself.

Bring it to a shop or someone like myself from this site that works on bikes...If you want me to have a look at yours let me know I am located in Mississauga

Fyi guys, there is thread somewhere on gixxer.com that says turning on the RPM light (the light that tells you when to shift) will fix this.

Haven't tried it, I didn't even know we had a RPM/shift light but will let you guys know. Been too lazy to open the sprocket cover to clean.

Thanks for the suggestion. I think mine was on, but I had reset the shift light and turned it "on." I will report back on how this goes. If not, it will contact you JohnnyP636.

BTW, here's the link to the gixxer forum thread and a YouTube video if anyone who has this problem and would like to give it a shot.

油井緋色;2000489 said:
Fyi guys, there is thread somewhere on gixxer.com that says turning on the RPM light (the light that tells you when to shift) will fix this.

Haven't tried it, I didn't even know we had a RPM/shift light but will let you guys know. Been too lazy to open the sprocket cover to clean.

Pull your clutch all the way in. No Partial engagement or 3/4 engagement. It has fixed the problem for me. Being lazy with the clutch at idle can bring problems.

Turning on the shift light did not fix this issue. Though clutching all the way in took the bike into neutral most of the time. Thanks for the tip apextech.
Pull your clutch all the way in. No Partial engagement or 3/4 engagement. It has fixed the problem for me. Being lazy with the clutch at idle can bring problems.

Turning on the shift light did not fix this issue. Though clutching all the way in took the bike into neutral most of the time. Thanks for the tip apextech.

You were shifting without pulling it all in? Might have been bad for the transmission

Most Suzuki's require the clutch being pulled in prior to being started. I suspect being lazy with the clutch is the problem or perhaps re-adjust your clutch travel. Next, pop it into first and then find neutral-albeit slowly with the clutch fully engaged. The green light should appear when you perform this. Just let the clutch out slowly to make sure it is indeed in neutral. If not rinse and repeat until it does. Let me know how this works for you as it has worked for me in the past.

Looking back at this issue, I believe I always had the clutch pulled all the way in at stop to go into neutral. Until you mentioned pulling the clutch all the way in, I'd thought I overlooked this, so I incline to try anything, but that's not the case. Now, it's pretty much hit or miss getting the bike to go into neutral at stop and quite annoying. I'm gonna get the GPS cleaned out.

Looking back at this issue, I believe I always had the clutch pulled all the way in at stop to go into neutral. Until you mentioned pulling the clutch all the way in, I'd thought I overlooked this, so I incline to try anything, but that's not the case. Now, it's pretty much hit or miss getting the bike to go into neutral at stop and quite annoying. I'm gonna get the GPS cleaned out.

4 year old bump.

Any update? I am having same issue.

- The neutral would not come on in stop light unless I slightly pull the kickstand towards ground
- When I shut off the bike and park it, I have to make sure it is in neutral. If I leave in first gear, then put it in neutral when i come back to it, bike does not know I am in neutral. I have to physically get on the bike, put the kickstand up and down. Then its fixed.

Weird.

I don't have a GSXR 600, but I took a quick look at the bike's schematic. There is a side stand relay in the fuse box. The problem could be with this relay - corroded contacts, corroded plug. Have you tried re-seating the relay in its socket? that could help.

My GPS went bad around the 40k mark on my '09 GSXR1000. Replacing it solved the problem on mine. Did another 18k before selling it and never had the issue again.

Back
Top Bottom