Picked up the Velocity Naked Leather Jacket | GTAMotorcycle.com

Picked up the Velocity Naked Leather Jacket

sys49152

I picked up the jacket a few weeks ago to replace my old Dainese jacket. I commute from Markham to downtown Toronto four days a week. My jacket wish list :

- cold and cool weather riding (5C to 15C)
- snug fit
- simple black design with no big logos or bright colours (my knapsack has tons of reflective lining)
- adequate protection

The Naked Leather fit those requirements and was very reasonably priced, so I picked one up. I've taken it out a few times with the temps hovering around 5C. The jacket fits like a glove and is really comfortable to ride in. Images and comments follow (apologies for the cell phone pics) :

IMG_0683.JPG

IMG_0684.JPG

I really like the simple design of the jacket. The leather feels incredibly soft, very similar to the Dainese leather.. just as soft but thicker. The stretch material is visible from the shoulder and down through the inside of the arm. It makes for really comfortable riding, but does allow some air to travel through the jacket. The area around the neck and the wrists is very soft, again very comfortable.

IMG_0686.JPG

IMG_0687.JPG

Close up shot of the stretch material in the shoulders and through the arm, as well as the shoulder armour.

IMG_0685.JPG

The elbow area also has armour on the inside of the jacket. It feels a lot like the hard elbow protectors you'd find in a suit, not the soft foam usually found in jackets.

IMG_0688.JPG

Stretch material through the back, which probably promotes air through the front stretch material and through the jacket.

IMG_0689.JPG

Adjustable waist as well as reflective lining. The lining is only noticeable because the flash was used for this shot. I didn't notice it prior to taking this shot.

IMG_0691.JPG

Inside of the jacket with the liner zipped in.

IMG_0692.JPG

Lots of nice little touches.. I like the inside zipper pocket as well as the bigger velcro pocket near the bottom.

IMG_0693.JPG

Another (smaller) velcro pocket on the other side.

IMG_0694.JPG

The inside of the jacket with the liner removed. Inner mesh material is very soft and comfortable. The back protector material isn't as hard as the shoulder and elbow material, but feels more substantial than the foam back protector in previous jackets I've owned. There is also a 360 zip at the bottom (hard to see).

IMG_0696.JPG

The inner liner is very light, but does provide protection in cold weather riding. It probably has more to do with wind resistance.. as well as providing just another layer of insulation. The jacket doesn't feel bulky at all when the liner is inserted. The fit of the liner is excellent. It zips in and out very easily.

I'm really satisfied with the jacket. I'd strongly recommend it to anyone looking for a cold/cool weather jacket with a clean subtle design and great protection.

+1

Thanks for the review. I'm looking for a new jacket.

Back
Top Bottom