got stuck in the rain and got soaked but....Help | GTAMotorcycle.com

got stuck in the rain and got soaked but....Help

ride with pride

so i got stuck in this crazy rain and i was soaked but my bike had smoke coming out the front i wasnt sure what it was i thought it was the engine oil so i went and bought oil and i added the whole bottle i dont know how!!! this is a brand new bike i bought it off some one its 2011 cbr 250. But after i added the oil there was still smoke coming out the front but there wasnt any smell can it be still the engine oil like need more or was it just because of the rain and the weather.

Most likely the "smoke" was just water evaporating off hot surfaces, you probably got too much oil in there now. Drain down to the maximum level.

but when i added the oil like it didnt come out at all i couldnt see it and apparently the oil level stick is broken and the seller didnt tell me

My exhaust was smoking too so I added oil. Just took a look and the smoking stopped. Damn I'm good.

In all seriousness listen to post #2

lol smoke or steam?
i think it was mostly steam because it didnt smell like anything was burning. i just want to make sure. But when i got back home and parked it i could smell some oil burning but that might just be from me spilling a bit.

but when i added the oil like it didnt come out at all i couldnt see it and apparently the oil level stick is broken and the seller didnt tell me

There is a view port(window) and the bottom right fairing. Two lines one in minimum level the other is maximum level of oil. Check it only when the bike is warmed up.

i think it was mostly steam because it didnt smell like anything was burning. i just want to make sure. But when i got back home and parked it i could smell some oil burning but that might just be from me spilling a bit.

Dude are you trolling? No dip stick on that bike

mine was coming out the front though :s

Water on hot spots = steam

I don't know how your bike is constructed but most have radiator fans in the front...steam is likely from that thing doing it's job in humid/wet environment.

Phew now i feel better knowing it was steam nothing more. Oh man riding in this rain was crazy. it wasnt hard but getting soaked not having the right gear is noooo fun

I want to belef.

Not sure if srs.

lol this is going to be a fun year!

:p

Are the Scarborough riders kids back? is this Juan?

Phew now i feel better knowing it was steam nothing more. Oh man riding in this rain was crazy. it wasnt hard but getting soaked not having the right gear is noooo fun

Might wanna drain your oil as you more than likely added too much. Mine has a view port as well and needs a rear stand unless you can somehow center the bike and stare at it.

油井緋色;1979357 said:
Might wanna drain your oil as you more than likely added too much. Mine has a view port as well and needs a rear stand unless you can somehow center the bike and stare at it.

ya mine has a view port too. i can add a stand and see it then drain the oil

油井緋色;1979347 said:
Water on hot spots = steam

I don't know how your bike is constructed but most have radiator fans in the front...steam is likely from that thing doing it's job in humid/wet environment.

ya think thats what it was but me adding the oil was out of fear bad move :(

Back
Top Bottom