The Motorcycle Show – Toronto Has a New Home and New Show Dates For 2014 Toronto, ON | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Motorcycle Show – Toronto Has a New Home and New Show Dates For 2014 Toronto, ON

Paul

Administrator
Staff member
Site Supporter
For Immediate Release

Monday, March 04, 2013

The Motorcycle Show – Toronto Has a New Home and New Show Dates For 2014
Toronto, ON –

With the success of The Motorcycle Shows seven city 2013 show series behind
us, Power Sport Services (PSS) is now focused on the 2014 show season. Bob Ramsay, President
of Power Sport Services (PSS) is pleased to announce that Ontario’s biggest motorcycle
manufacturers’ show “The Motorcycle Show – Toronto” is moving both the location and date of
its next Toronto show to the Direct Energy Centre throughout the weekend of February 21 to
February 23, 2014.
“One of the Toronto Show’s trademarks has been its ability to attract an impressive display of
new motorcycles, scooters and ATVs each year at the show, commented Ramsay, who added
that PSS believes moving the motorcycle show to the Direct Energy Centre is the appropriate
next step in building on the future of the Toronto show.”
The Motorcycle Shows national cross-Canada seven city tour features hundreds of new
motorcycles, a wide-range of exciting exhibits and features, all under one roof. PSS is always
looking for imaginative ways to provide more value for consumers and exhibitors of the shows
and we believe the change in location and date are the perfect combination in our plans to
expand and build on existing elements at the Toronto Show.
Partnering with the Direct Energy Center, located in downtown Toronto, at Exhibition Place, will
give PSS that flexibility. Direct Energy Center is owned and managed by the City of Toro nto and
is Canada’s largest exhibition and convention facility with over I million square feet of exhibit
space.
Direct Energy Centre is easily accessible to both exhibitors and visitors. It is accessible by local
transit streetcars and commuter trains which provide links to the entire Greater Toronto
Metropolitan area as well as over 7,000 parking spaces across the Exhibition Place site, including
1, 300 parking spaces in the Direct Energy Centre indoor parking garage.
The Motorcycle Shows boasts an impressive line-up of manufacturers, including Arctic Cat,
BMW Motorrad, Can-Am/BRP, Ducati, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Kawasaki, KTM, Piaggio,
Polaris, Suzuki, Triumph, Victory and Yamaha.
…/2 …/2
Power Sport Services (PSS) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Motorcycle & Moped Industry
Council (MMIC) and the Canadian Off-Highway Vehicle Distributors Council (COHV). PSS
owns and produces seven premiere motorcycle and ATV shows held annually in Calgary,
Edmonton, Vancouver, Quebec City, Moncton, Toronto and Montreal,.
-30-For further Information:
Jo-Anne Farquhar
Director of Communications & Public Affairs
Motorcycle & Moped Industry Council (MMIC)
Canadian Off-Highway Vehicle Distributors Council (COHV)
Power Sport Services (PSS)
416.491.4449 or toll -free at 877.470.2288
email: jfarquhar@mmic.ca

Perhaps I am missing something. I read the reviews of the 2013 show and for the most part people found it boring and uninteresting.
The current cost of entrance was $15 or so but now that cost will be $15+ plus parking of $10-$20 so $25-$35.
I certainly hope they model the show from another successful show such as in Europe.
Good luck to them.

The shows started sucking when real bikers were forced to stop hosting them.
Now it's just another money making operation.

Kawasaki showed up with only 1 bike, the zx636r at the 2013 Toronto Motorcycle show... it sure was exciting and succesful...

Kawasaki showed up with only 1 bike, the zx636r at the 2013 Toronto Motorcycle show... it sure was exciting and succesful...

There was a big announcement for Honda as well.

One bike, oh wow.

Why not a week long or 4 day long super super show?....just sayin
Instead of 2 mediocre shows and one very good show...how about 1 great show?

Politics.

Cuz one guy wants to make more money and get rid of the other guy?

Because the manufacturers don't want their respectable customers rubbing elbows with all the beer-gutted, sleeve-tattooed, patch-wearing, long-bearded ruffians that ride American V-twins.

Because the manufacturers don't want their respectable customers rubbing elbows with all the beer-gutted, sleeve-tattooed, patch-wearing, long-bearded ruffians that ride American V-twins.

Most of them are Doctors lawyers and businessmen...just in disguise.

Either way, both shows suck therefore less people attend as evident by the shrinking floor space.
Money will be better spent elsewhere.
Clearly it has reached a point where Manufacturers thumb their nose and can't be bothered to send bikes or send new bikes display.
Hell, do they even hand out free keychains?

Either way, both shows suck therefore less people attend as evident by the shrinking floor space.
Money will be better spent elsewhere.
Clearly it has reached a point where Manufacturers thumb their nose and can't be bothered to send bikes or send new bikes display.
Hell, do they even hand out free keychains?

if there was free keychains im gonna be very upset that i never got one lol

This is exactly like Cart/Champ car and Indy Racing league squabble for years...where did it all get them?

When I was going to this show most people said it stunk, and I went anyway. They were right. The only thing this changes is having to wait longer to get into the same boring show.

My Hayabusa was in the show.. cost me $10
you get a free weekend pass
Came in second 2nd in pro street class, won a plaque and some cash.
I agree.. it could have been better.

The shows started sucking when real bikers were forced to stop hosting them.
Now it's just another money making operation.

I've definitely felt that air at all the shows, which is why I skipped them all since 2011.

It would be nice if it was at least entertaining. I'd pay to see some local or international stunt talent, gymkhana performances and the like.

Vendors must just cringe, putting a booth up is not cheap at these shows, doing it twice for 1/2 the potential sales must suck hard. I go to see something new or entertaining, I'm consistently disappointed.

I had to be reminded by a friend in the industry that the first manufacturers' show was at this location, because I didn't go to it. Now that it's back there, I'll be taking a pass on it again.

The purpose of this show was to create a glitzy exhibition like the auto show. They even commented about getting away from the ostrich meat, knife, and sun glasses vendors of the January show. Then they added a few of them for the manufacturers' show. Then they added some more. Then they moved to the back of the hall. Now they're responding to falling attendance by moving back to a location that's harder to reach via transit.

Bloody idiots.

Back
Top Bottom