Another great experience with frekeyguy | GTAMotorcycle.com

Another great experience with frekeyguy

Nudbar

2nd time gettin some work done by frekeyguy and another great experience. Always seems to go a step further to make sure things are done right. Very clean work, and a great guy to deal with. Highly recommended

I just got some tires mounted by Frekeyguy last week as well. He's a great guy to deal with and gives great service. After dropping off the tires, I got a text within 3 hours telling me that the tires were done and ready to go. I expected it to take a few days since he's not a full-time shop. From what I can see, the rims are still perfect. He uses hand tools, no machines, and seems to care about what he does. You won't have scratched rims if you go with Frekeyguy. I highly recommend him as well, especially if you're in Brampton.

No, I'm just joking. I couldn't stand myself if I just gave a simple eBay review like that.

I started off late last season with my first bike, a Japanese domestic market 1988 FZR250 (2KR). I had a blast for a late season, but there were many issues that I was surprised a shop didn't see when first safetied for the road. I had electrical and running issues, and I promised myself I wouldn't get back on the road until all issues were fixed. As far as I know and to my limited knowledge and understanding, I had a sticky throttle, bogging, and electrical issues.

When I first started looking for a mechanic, I was worried about a mechanic touching a bike with very limited documentation, manuals, and support, (in English). I posted up here on GTAM and frekeyguy actually contacted me and offered his services. I knew I wanted a backyard mechanic (in no way is that meant as a negative description) and everything was aligned.

He was very professional. Asked me what services I needed done, and after the first exchanges of emails and an understanding of what needs to be done along with a fair quote from him, we worked out a time and place to pick the bike up.

Not all my parts were purchased yet. Some were, some were on the way, and some needed to be purchased still. While in his possession, he dug into the bike and found a whole bunch of things that would need urgent attention. Things that a shop were not able to see. As soon as word of this came, I knew for sure that I was in good hands. Some of the services that were done include:

Overall diagnoses
All carb work done
Valve adjustments
Replace consumables
Flush and replace all fluids
General tune up

I was pleased with the level of communication. All forms were open. Most of our communication were through email, text, and actual meetings. Pictures were taken, and things explained. As a complete mechanical noob, he insisted on asking questions when I had them. Often I sent him a long list of emails asking questions and for his opinion. Always replied within the same day.

All the parts I purchased were installed. Some requiring some more work than others. He told me of items needing purchase. Surprisingly he was able to see a slew of missing parts that I needed to buy. Installed on my bike were:

Steel brake lines
Chain and sprockets
Power cords
Grips
Clutch plates

Over the course of this whole exchange, he went above and beyond to fix small things here and there. Always asking for permission if anything needs to be modified, and any heads up for things that will work, won't work, or things that could be better.

I highly recommend his services. A+ guy. Very polite, professional and informative. I don't think I'll ever go back to a proper shop until its really needed. I will definitely be going back to use his services. We've already came up with some slight modifications.

Do not hesitate to deal with him!!!!!!!!

Frekeyguy is an amazing guy to deal with. Most honest and trustworthy bike mechanic out there. He will go out of his way to right any wrong. Follows up after fixing anything too.

Only issue I have with him is that he's always late during the ride meets. See you at 8 means i'll be there at 10... :)

Where is frekey located?

I just got some tires mounted by Frekeyguy last week as well. He's a great guy to deal with and gives great service. After dropping off the tires, I got a text within 3 hours telling me that the tires were done and ready to go. I expected it to take a few days since he's not a full-time shop. From what I can see, the rims are still perfect. He uses hand tools, no machines, and seems to care about what he does. You won't have scratched rims if you go with Frekeyguy. I highly recommend him as well, especially if you're in Brampton.

how much you pay to have the tires installed?

Frekeyguy is an amazing guy to deal with. Most honest and trustworthy bike mechanic out there. He will go out of his way to right any wrong. Follows up after fixing anything too.

Only issue I have with him is that he's always late during the ride meets. See you at 8 means i'll be there at 10... :)

Sheesh lol. I'll come early next time! :D

I totally second this post frekeyguy is awesome to deal with hes helped me so many ways and has done work on 2 bikes for me so far, more of a friend now than some guy who works on my bikes :D

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Got electrical work done and handle bars replaced back to stock from clip-ons, frekeyguy did a great job fixing the mess. Very high quality work at a very reasonable rate and a quick turn around time. Was very approachable and all answered questions and addressed all concerns. Already planning on more work with him. Highly recommend!!!

After reading these reviews I decided to contact Frekeyguy when I ran into a problem I couldn't fix on my own. I was a little nervous handing the bike over to "some dude with a trailer" but as soon as he showed up it was pretty obvious he knew what he was doing. Great communication from the first message onward, showed up on time, diagnosed and fixed the problem a day earlier than he said he would and answered all my questions in detail. Very happy with the turnaround, the work and the price. Any further work will be going his way without any hesitation.

I was told about frekeyguy by a friend and it was a fantastic experience. As a new rider, i obviously had my concerns in general about everything bike related and he asissted me with all the details i needed. He kept me up to date during the whole transaction and was very professional but at the same time knew how to crack a joke. Would 100% deal with again and if my bike ever needs to get maintenace, i know exactly who to go to.

PM me.

Last edited:
I've also had frekeyguy work on my bike as well and to sum it up I was very impressed. I needed an engine swap done due to my faulty engine and frekeyguy had the new one installed in less than 2 days. Not only is he quick but he also has great attention to detail. I believe he goes above and beyond since he did more work than I asked from him. He's very fair in this regard. In addition he is very responsive when getting a reply and always updates you on what he has done so far. All in all I will definitely go to frekeyguy again, couldn't of been happier.

Last edited:
Here's another +1 for frekeyguy. Helped me out on a small job, but was impressed nonetheless.

Thumbs up

+1 :thumbup:Again for frekeyguy, my bike the other night had an issue that caused it to die right in the construction zone on the north bound 427 just after you get on from the Gardiner westbound. For those of you that haven't been there lately picture 3-4 lanes with no emergency lane on either side except barriers. Anyway coasted over to the right side with just enough room between the wall and white line to get the bike out of the direct line of travel with a fast bail over the concrete barrier to get to safety.
Sent Frekey a msg as it was pretty late in the evening (around 9:15 Pm or so) informed him of my need and the bike location issue and he headed right out. Showed up, parked his trailer right in the lane and despite traffic coming we managed to load the bike up fast and get the hell out and over to my place with no incident, I am pretty sure he got his adrenaline rush for the night with my pickup.
As usual, friendly, prompt and reasonable price for the pickup and most of all no hesitation despite the danger involved(would have totally understood if he had said no because of the safety issue). Definitely A++

Back
Top Bottom