Suggestions for paint on chopper

Thread: Suggestions for paint on chopper

Suggestions for paint on chopper

I jumped into a custom chopper build and am finally nearing completion. I am still trying to decide on what colour/style i am going to paint it. I am not going to be keeping the chopper, as soon as it is finished it will be on kijiji. I jumped into the build and need to get my money (most of it) back to put down towards a new place to call home.

http://www.southern-mc.com/mobster-bike-kit.html

that is the bike that I have built mine off of, it is 95% the same as the chopper in the link above. The only difference is that mine has a black frame, black swing arm (soft tail) and black springer front end. I need this motorcycle painted to sell!! Any suggestions would be much appreciated, thanks in advance.

Re: Suggestions for paint on chopper

ummm...black?
    It's the coolest colour and the best seller...easy. The other colours reduce the marketability to sell.
    2012 Victory Hammer 8 Ball
    Black of course, Touring seat with passenger backrest, Cobra tripro 2-1 exhaust black stage 1, more to come

07 Buell XB12Ss....SOLD!
    Black, jardine exhaust, race ecm, k&n filter,
    CRG Hindsight bar end mirrors, crossroads handle bars, dieselmoto fender eliminator, gel grips, 010 Buell firebolt tire hugger and belt guard, S-10 British avon gas mask, right side air scoop, Buell pegasus decal and pazzo levers and then 5-0dro sliders & Rizoma track 77 led signals

So it's going to look like a crossbones edition except maybe the wheels. Because there's not a lot of chrome you'd probably be best to do it in black (matte?) or a single colour. Also you could look at the crossbones edition paint options. Did you consider putting it up for sale now and letting the buyer choose the colour?

Colour and style is a very personal choice. But since you have asked I say metal flake anything. Cool looking bike
    It is what it is...

I have a black belt in anger!

Dealer/Vendor Dealer/Vendor StudioCycleGroup's Avatar

You can anever go wrong with classic black, there is nothing like a nice clean black paint job, and they always sell well for us.
    Studio Cycle Group
    2923 Dundas St. W.
    Toronto, ON M6P 1Z1
    416-766-5300
    www.studiocyclegroup.com

I think i am going to have it painted black, i'm not sure about the matte black but that is a solid option as well. I have never really been a fan of the metal flaking, and if i'm going to build it to sell i think that would bring the bike into a much smaller market for buyers. I haven't thought about selling the bike unpainted, although i am leaning towards painting it black, just to be simple. thanks again for the replies