Insurance for a new rider ( I KNOW YOU SEE THESE ALOT ) | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Insurance for a new rider ( I KNOW YOU SEE THESE ALOT )

I see a lot spelled alot a lot

Try saying that 5x fast.

I learn english from the queen. I think its different when Americans spell it

Sent from my Phone, dont judge the grammar

Actually it is considered insurance fraud (misrepresentation) if you aren't listed as the primary rider when you actually are. Just because you didn't get caught, doesn't mean its legal. Theres a reason why rates are higher if you (a younger person) is insured as a primary rider vs your parent(s) as primary. They dont simply go "Oh, your mom/dad has a motorcycle license so you must be a better, more responsible rider and are less likely to get into an accident"

Actually I am listed as primary. They told her she can't be primary on both bikes. Still about half of what I would pay on my own, but more than if I was "secondary" or "occaisional". Misrepresentation would be if I was an occaisional rider on my bike and told my insurance co. I live away from home in the summer (would've saved us a good chunk of change).

How are they really going to enforce or figure out who is the primary rider? All one has to say is "well today just happened to be that one day I decided to ride"....and that's if something even happens.

Every insurance co. employs very good private investigators.

How are they really going to enforce or figure out who is the primary rider? All one has to say is "well today just happened to be that one day I decided to ride"....and that's if something even happens.

They do this for a living.... if they have a suspicion they will do the investigating.
And the rate is as per the highest risked individual. So regardless if its in your moms name and you are an occasional rider, because you are on it, shes paying the rate you would on your own. I've seen a few riders come through the school looking to do anything to help their insurance rates after getting convicted of insurance fraud. They found it practically impossible to get insurance and when they do the rates are so high they wish they had just did it right the first time. One dude thought he had insurance, the rates were amazingly low. Turned out to be a scam company. He still got the conviction. Moral of the story.... if there's any doubt, don't go down that road.

Like others have said,

Sit this one out for the next year, get your M2 and your rates will be relatively lower. If you the risky type, get your mom/dad as the primary and you as the secondary on the bike.

Just be safe. Take it slow.

Back
Top Bottom