New Yamaha 2014 Bolt | GTAMotorcycle.com

New Yamaha 2014 Bolt

MarcosSantiago

Star Motorcycles introduces a new model called "Bolt"

This is going to be a sales hit for $8,000 (in the USA)

Click to view at full resolution
2014-Yamaha-Star-Bolt-R-Spec-Camo-Green-LEAD.jpg

http://www.starmotorcycles.com/star/products/modeloverview/ls/2014/model_overview.aspx

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxgnUg9M2sA

Why do you think it will be a sales hit? Because it is a less expensive 883?

Why do you think it will be a sales hit? Because it is a less expensive 883?

Sure, for one it is a clone of the Sportster, but it is cheaper and, arguably, better built.
Two, the Harley is 883 cc, and the yamaha is 942cc - - no info in actual performance of the new bike, but Yamaha is pushing the "more performance" tagline. Most likely it is faster than the HD

Most important, the bike is coming out at the right time (recovering economies of the world don't need another $20,000 super-sport rocket from Germany, and there is a retro revival of cafe racers going on) and the marketing is very good. The bike is going to appeal to a lot of people.

For $8,000 in the usa it is a great deal.
If dealers sells it for $7500, they're gonna sell a whole bunch

Yeah I can see it too. Cool bike, I'd buy that over a Sportster.. and I like Sportsters.

Shame about the ergos and slouchy riding position but it's good business to pander to the core. That bike in a more regular chassis would be the bees knees but might not sell. Can't risk it. Altho, judging by the Triumph Modern Classic success and cafe boom, it might.

Shame about the ergos and slouchy riding position but it's good business to pander to the core. That bike in a more regular chassis would be the bees knees but might not sell. Can't risk it. Altho, judging by the Triumph Modern Classic success and cafe boom, it might.

Those bars look pretty tall to me, I doubt its a slouched riding position. Unless you have really stubby arms..

There are three photos of the riding position here: http://www.motorcycledaily.com/2013/03/star-introduces-the-bolt/

IMHO, it is not very extreme either way.

030813middle3.jpg

Ya, it's not too extreme compared to some cruisers. That's why I said "slouchy" rather than "slouched". 27in. seat height and middish forward controls and less than 3in. rear travel don't make it the standard I demand:p

I do like the simplicity of it tho, very refreshing.

I wonder if they'll offer a package with hipster pants, boots, and shirt..

It's even belt-drive, just like H-D. Only thing that sticks out to me is that ugly tank weld seam along the front and bottom edges. Tanks would look so much better if it was smooth.

Love the tank seams. Steampunk meets Rosey the welder farm chic. That's as real as it gets.

For an xtra what 2k might as well buy a Sportster....those comes with a badmofo attitude you won't get with a yamaha

For an xtra what 2k might as well buy a Sportster....those comes with a badmofo attitude you won't get with a yamaha

I thought they were considered a girls harley. I'd still test both of them.

For sure... that's where the real profit is, accessories (for the bike) and "lifestyle accessories" (for the owner)...
Just imagine the possibilities...

Can't see Yamaha coming anywhere near the plethora of clothing and accessories that Harley can muster for a bike like that. I'll stick to the original instead of the copy...

I thought they were considered a girls harley. I'd still test both of them.

Nothing girly bout that
Harley-Davidson_XL_1200_Sportster_Forty_Eight_1600_x_1200_15.jpg

harley-davidson-sportster-c.jpg

Just saying why get a look a like when the real one is within reach. If I were to get a Harley it would be a Sportster, the other ones look like you'd have to be a fat hillbilly to ride one.

To each their own, but I think this Yamaha looks better than the HD.
And looks are the main factor to buy an HD

And for the record, I am not a hipster, metrosexual, or wear a chain to my wallet :p

Back
Top Bottom