What to keep on yourself when riding and where to store it? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

What to keep on yourself when riding and where to store it?

• Thread starter Deleted member 40275
  • Start date
Got photocopy of registration, insurance slip, spare cellphone battery and $20 bill in sealed bag under seat.

Also keep photocopy of motorcycle reg and an insurance slip in my wallet - originals of all the registration slips (car too) stay locked up at home.

For those who say to carry a photocopy of the pink insurance slip you are wrong. If pulled over you MUST have the originals. Kind of makes sense why the insurance company issues you 2 copies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For those who say to carry a photocopy of the pink insurance slip you are wrong. If pulled over you MUST have the originals. Kind of makes sense why the insurance company issues you 2 copies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just to ask -- has there ever been a 100% definitive answer regarding photocopies of ownership as well? I still keep my originals on me (both bike & car), as I've heard 99% of the time it might be ok, but in other cases it has to be notarized or be the original to count (depending on the cop that pulls you over).

Chill out noob. He's trying to help ya

For those who keep there ownership in your bike. I hope it doesn't get stolen, might work in favour of the theif

Sent from my tablet using my paws

Oh dude - I wasn't being sarcastic at all. Re-reading it now I see it comes off that way. But I was actually being genuine.

Same as others have said here -- License, ownership, insurance slip, wallet, cellphone, etc in my jacket, which works for me as I'm essentially an AGTATT guy. I also have the original toolset, parking puck, disk lock, etc that I keep under the rear seat.

If I want to bring water, another layer, etc I'll throw it in the tailbag. I actually ride with the tailbag near empty a lot too...just in case I pick up something small while out that I never expected to.
can you explain a parking puck?,thanks

License
Insurance
CAA
Credit card
Cell phone
Ear plugs

Parking puck is something to put under the kickstand to stop it from sinking into the asphalt. I use the top from a can of juice.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Not sure if it has a real name (that's just what I call it) -- Pretty much a flat disc-shaped thing you put under your kickstand so it doesn't sink into the ground if on hot asphalt or loose ground. Picked one up at Royal one time for around $2-4.

It keeps your side stand from sinking in pavement on a hot day or loose gravel. Many use a electrical box cover or crushed pop can.

Re: Insurance slip, you must have an original copy on you. Hence the 2 copies they give you. One to carry, one to keep at home.

Re: Ownership. A photocopy is fine as long as it is both sides and shows the current valid plate sticker number. You know that little sticker that is below the plate sticker when you get it, it goes on the back of the plate portion of your ownership.

With regards to the insurance thing: I've still just got a temp slip (valid for 30 days) from my insurance company, that was issued via email (I printed it on white paper). Got it registered with that no problem. When I get the pinks I'll be happy to carry one, but do you really think the cops will take issue with a slip like that?

With regards to the insurance thing: I've still just got a temp slip (valid for 30 days) from my insurance company, that was issued via email (I printed it on white paper). Got it registered with that no problem. When I get the pinks I'll be happy to carry one, but do you really think the cops will take issue with a slip like that?

A temp slip no, I've been given the failure to show insurance ticket before for having a (valid exp. date) photocopy, but it was withdrawn when I presented the real certificate to the cop shop.

They said to keep the pink slip without the VIN #s in my car, and keep the other one in a safe place

Everything required legally to be on the road as mentioned in the previous posts.
A spare helmet because you never know when you might meet someone of the opposite sex that might want a ride. A condom because you never know when you might meet someone of the opposite sex that might want a ride. :D

1) If your bike comes with tool kit then be smart and keep it on the bike, not in your house

2) Make a copy of the ownership, don't be smart to leave the original ownership in your bike. A guy I got a bike from, used to store the original in a bag by the battery. If your bike is stolen they can easily resell your bike (just saying, its a bit easier to work the system with the paper).

3) I like to keep a fish net in my trunk, cuz you never know when you have to take leftovers home, a small purchase or a tv , or someone else backpack. Just saying **** happens out there, specially on group rides...

4) tire pressure gauge .. Some people don't trust the ones on the gas stations

5) CAA card

6) phone charger, you might get lucky n will need some juice during the overnight stay.

7) ear buds. A used n a new pair, I have come across random strangers on Harleys who get to the 507 n are exhausted from the sound of their pipes, so be good n help a fellow rider by giving him/her the new ear buds n maybe, just maybe number 6 might come handy later

8) wet naps, keep one or two in the jacket pocket after visiting a wings bar or pub , you are great for cleaning helmet from bug splatters, salt, rain n w,.e else your helmet comes across while riding

9) zip ties, if you don't have them you will need them.. 3 will help

That's my .2 cents to the OP and any new rider out there, after 3 years those things have been needed in some way when solo or group riding

PS: no don't bother keeping condoms around, any corner store usually has that .., lol

Last edited:
CAA card is a must... whether it's for you or your riding buddies.

Oh my I never thought of that ( if bike gets stolen)lol guess I wont keep my papers under seat anylonger .. lmao.. good call thanks

Last edited:
1) If your bike comes with tool kit then be smart and keep it on the bike, not in your house

2) Make a copy of the ownership, don't be smart to leave the original ownership in your bike. A guy I got a bike from, used to store the original in a bag by the battery. If your bike is stolen they can easily resell your bike (just saying, its a bit easier to work the system with the paper).

3) I like to keep a fish net in my trunk, cuz you never know when you have to take leftovers home, a small purchase or a tv , or someone else backpack. Just saying **** happens out there, specially on group rides...

4) tire pressure gauge .. Some people don't trust the ones on the gas stations

5) CAA card

6) phone charger, you might get lucky n will need some juice during the overnight stay.

7) ear buds. A used n a new pair, I have come across random strangers on Harleys who get to the 507 n are exhausted from the sound of their pipes, so be good n help a fellow rider by giving him/her the new ear buds n maybe, just maybe number 6 might come handy later

8) wet naps, keep one or two in the jacket pocket after visiting a wings bar or pub , you are great for cleaning helmet from bug splatters, salt, rain n w,.e else your helmet comes across while riding

9) zip ties, if you don't have them you will need them.. 3 will help

That's my .2 cents to the OP and any new rider out there, after 3 years those things have been needed in some way when solo or group riding

PS: no don't bother keeping condoms around, any corner store usually has that .., lol

zip ties for what????lol

Back
Top Bottom