What to keep on yourself when riding and where to store it? | GTAMotorcycle.com

What to keep on yourself when riding and where to store it?

• Thread starter Deleted member 40275
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 40275

Is there anything else I need to keep on myself other than the:

1. License
2. Permit
3. Insurance

Also what's the best way to carry this stuff? I know I have a under seat storage area but I've since replaced that with a solo seat cowl and I don't think I can safely keep documents in there due to significant gaps in the fitment.

Any advice?

Put it in a ziplock bag in your jacket as your ownership and insurance will leak ink if it gets soaked if you plan to ride in rain. I learned the hard way.

I keep a copy of my ownership and a pink slip under my seat, and another set in my wallet...My cousin once had his pink slip slide through the frame under his seat because it wasn't strapped down and got a ticket in the parking lot...

Wow.. so simple. Thanks. I'll always be wearing my jacket when I ride so therefore I'll always have all that **** on me :)

Brilliant logic.

Chill out noob. He's trying to help ya

For those who keep there ownership in your bike. I hope it doesn't get stolen, might work in favour of the theif

Sent from my tablet using my paws

Also, photocopy of Registration (the GREEN slip is OK) but you MUST have an original Insurance slip (PINK piece of paper) if you ever get pulled over.

Keep the documents on you. Inside jacket pocket, or in your wallet.
Some folks carry a visor bag, keep it in that.

Or a satchel.

Most motorcycle jackets have a napolean pocket that is great for that.

I carry.

License
Health Card
Ownership
Insurance
Visa
20 dollar bill
some change
cell phone

Put everything in a zip lock bag and tape it to the under side of your seat.

Sent from my SH-02E using Tapatalk 2

Most motorcycle jackets have a napolean pocket that is great for that.

I carry.

License
Health Card
Ownership
Insurance
Visa
20 dollar bill
some change
cell phone

What I carry on the bike:

Duct tape- to piece back some of my fairings if I crash
Zip ties

Same as others have said here -- License, ownership, insurance slip, wallet, cellphone, etc in my jacket, which works for me as I'm essentially an AGTATT guy. I also have the original toolset, parking puck, disk lock, etc that I keep under the rear seat.

If I want to bring water, another layer, etc I'll throw it in the tailbag. I actually ride with the tailbag near empty a lot too...just in case I pick up something small while out that I never expected to.

Put it in a ziplock bag in your jacket as your ownership and insurance will leak ink if it gets soaked if you plan to ride in rain. I learned the hard way.

Sweat/humidity also does a number on both. Ownership/insurance should never stay with the vehicle imo

Last edited:
Sweat/humidity also does a number on both. Ownership/insurance should never stay with the vehicle imo

I've kept them both in a zip lock bag in my wallet and never had a problem whether in hot, cold, or humid weather.

What I carry on the bike:

Duct tape- to piece back some of my fairings if I crash
Zip ties

thats a seasoned rider right there lol

dont forget toilet paper, for when that gas station burger seemed like a good idea and now you're hours away from civilization :)

I've kept them both in a zip lock bag in my wallet and never had a problem whether in hot, cold, or humid weather.

I was agreeing with you

Also remember that if you put anything hard (keep it clean please.lol) in your pockets and you crash you will have that to crack ribs, etc.

thats a seasoned rider right there lol

dont forget toilet paper, for when that gas station burger seemed like a good idea and now you're hours away from civilization :)

Don't forget condoms, cuz you never know when you'll get lucky :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom