Toronto Motorcycle Vloggers? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Toronto Motorcycle Vloggers?

deejizzle

Any of you out there? I'm thinking of starting one myself. Got some inspiration from Moredeth13 from YouTube. Apparently he has the most subscribers on YouTube for motorcycle vlogging. Just wondering if there's any of you out there and what your opinion is.

I know Rodney has a popular following on GTAM

Mordeth13 is awesome. Actually thinking of taking one of his Taiwan scooter trips.
Toronto MC vlogging will be fun to watch.

I've given it some serious thought, but then I realize I have nothing interesting to talk about lol

Guess it all depends on what you have to talk about. I'd watch it at least for the first few episodes.

Anyone know what Rodney's youtube channel is called?

I post quite a few riding videos and I keep getting called a vlogger, but I'm not exactly in Toronto, nor do I talk much on them.

http://www.youtube.com/behohippy

If you need help with camera setup and video editing software, let me know.

Hey!

I started last year but my camera lens broke when it fell off my bike =( Had it fixed closer to the fall but then I just never got around to making more. I'm definitely gonna be posting more up once the weather rolls around =D

Only got about half a dozen vids. Subscribe if you like 'em.
http://www.youtube.com/user/Dayao12

Cheers!

Let me know if you've got any tips or topics you'd like to hear about.
One thing I learned from M13 is I gotta make my vids shorter.

If this helps, my site reaches around 1,000 Toronto based motorcyclists monthly.
This is Toronto core only and doesn't include my visitors from Mississauga, Brampton, Scarborough, and the rest of the GTA.

To some, 1,000 visitors from one city is a lot, to others, not so much, but it's definitely possible to get something going on the net that will attract 1,000 riders from TO, even in the winter.

Best of luck and contact me if you'd like.

Thanks for the input guys. This is just an idea right now. I'm only working with a go pro right now, so ill have no way to capture my voice.

I'm pretty sure m13 has a point and shoot, slit a pocket inside his cheek pads in from of his face, and mounted it there. I like the fisheye and quality of my hero2, and I am not a fan of altering my helmet in any which may compromise it. If an audio capturing device isn't all that expensive I may go that route, although I've never had experience working with one, or even editing with it.

My question about other GTA vloggers was more about creating a community where we can shoot each other questions, ride together occasionally, and more.

1000 Toronto viewers is pretty high if you ask me. I don't know if that number is unique in terms of you reaching 1000 different viewers, but taking into consideration the size of the market within the same area, you've gotta be doing something right.

I've been lazily attempting to maintain a Vlog channel myself for the last year or so, haven't really done a whole lot with it though as I'm frequently busy. Here's my YouTube channel if you want to have a look. Hoping to be a bit more active with it this year.

M13 originally used the P&S method, but in more recent videos he's switched to using a pair of camera glasses (if you've ever seen the sunglasses w/pinhole camera in the bridge, this is similar/same to what he's using.)

In terms of audio, I originally was using a voice recorder with a mic wired up into my helmet, but found that to be too clumsy and a pain to sync up afterwards. I started off with a ContourHD, then the first GoProHD using that audio setup; I now have the GoPro 2, and since it has a mic jack, I drilled a hole into a spare Waterproof case (obviously no longer waterproof, lol) and have a mic directly plugged into it, and stuffed into my helmet. Works surprisingly well, considering it's a $8 lapel mic with a spare Scala mic cover on it. Since GoPro has *still* never released their wireless mic add-on, looks like I'll be using this setup for a while.

I like the idea of the vlogger community and rides. There's definitely a following out there for it; a lot of them out in Arizona for example who vlog/ride together. Look up RebelYell91, ZMagic97, Woodenchairs, rynoride for a few examples out of their group. Also locally there are a few vloggers, I've never met the guy but usually get a kick out of 2ballsperbike's videos.

Hope this is useful, and perhaps see you out on the roads sometime. I ride year round, '05 silver & black V-Strom DL650 occasionally with green "glow". :p

I've been thinking about it... but first want to upgrade my bike, it would be a good idea to make short 5 min videos max and pick a topic beforehand. I watch M13, but also chaseontwowheels, iamrameken, darkflightvlogs (Canadian), Mizshift (cool videos not really vlogging, Canadian as well I think), Motonosity I think chaseontwowheels does a decent job and is entertaining. As for camera options its either go pro hero 3 or drift ghost hd. Let me know how it goes! ( actually started watching all these during winter when I missed riding)

Subbed!

I've been lazily attempting to maintain a Vlog channel myself for the last year or so, haven't really done a whole lot with it though as I'm frequently busy. Here's my YouTube channel if you want to have a look. Hoping to be a bit more active with it this year.

M13 originally used the P&S method, but in more recent videos he's switched to using a pair of camera glasses (if you've ever seen the sunglasses w/pinhole camera in the bridge, this is similar/same to what he's using.)

In terms of audio, I originally was using a voice recorder with a mic wired up into my helmet, but found that to be too clumsy and a pain to sync up afterwards. I started off with a ContourHD, then the first GoProHD using that audio setup; I now have the GoPro 2, and since it has a mic jack, I drilled a hole into a spare Waterproof case (obviously no longer waterproof, lol) and have a mic directly plugged into it, and stuffed into my helmet. Works surprisingly well, considering it's a $8 lapel mic with a spare Scala mic cover on it. Since GoPro has *still* never released their wireless mic add-on, looks like I'll be using this setup for a while.

I like the idea of the vlogger community and rides. There's definitely a following out there for it; a lot of them out in Arizona for example who vlog/ride together. Look up RebelYell91, ZMagic97, Woodenchairs, rynoride for a few examples out of their group. Also locally there are a few vloggers, I've never met the guy but usually get a kick out of 2ballsperbike's videos.

Hope this is useful, and perhaps see you out on the roads sometime. I ride year round, '05 silver & black V-Strom DL650 occasionally with green "glow". :p

Back
Top Bottom