Fine for not wearing helmet | GTAMotorcycle.com

Fine for not wearing helmet

Dayao12

Hello Good People,

I was curious what the legal consequences are for not wearing a helmet.
I recall a Sikh gentlemen being fined $110 for foregoing his helmet for his religious head dress and lost in court when he challenged int. Other than the fine, is there any insurance hit?

Cheers!

so after you get your fine are you allowed to continue to ride your bike to wherever you're headed or does someone with a proper helmet have to either ride your bike home or bring you one?

so after you get your fine are you allowed to continue to ride your bike to wherever you're headed or does someone with a proper helmet have to either ride your bike home or bring you one?

No. Officer will make you park your bike. How you get your helmet is up to you. Although I once got ticketed for a non-DOT helmet. Cop at least let me ride a short distance home to get a fullface. He actually followed me home and watched me put on the fullface.

The officer might also decide to tow your bike, if he sees no immediate prospect of you being able to get a proper helmet.

If you get stopped not wearing a helmet you will not be able to ride the bike unless you magically pull one out or have one close by. I don't think it would count towards your insurance but I could be wrong. The worst ticket would be falling off and becoming a vegetable...or worse dead.

D

..and why do you want to ride without a helmet?

Lol....I was wondering when someone was going to ask this?

I do believe in Ontario, there are points involved and insurance will start to love your money even more :)

I do believe in Ontario, there are points involved and insurance will start to love your money even more :)

But in Ontario, points don't mean anything unless you get a ton of them.

Lol....I was wondering when someone was going to ask this?

There are no points involved in a helmet ticket, however, whether or not your insurer considers such a ticket to increase their exposure is up to them.

There are no points involved in a helmet ticket, however, whether or not your insurer considers such a ticket to increase their exposure is up to them.

Ah, my appologies, i stand corrected :)

Because it's fun.

Retro: I wanna do it cuz its fun, its fun to do bad things...
Sushi: Did you know you could perhaps kill yourself?
Retro: Yea...but I wanna do hoodrat stuff for my friends.

[video=youtube;Jhs8hHvolM0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jhs8hHvolM0[/video]

Junebugs don't go through my windshield.

Also it's nice to have a choice.

I agree, it's nice to have the choice of:

1.- Falling off the bike and smear my brains on the pavement.

2.- Falling off the bike, probably break a bone and earn some bruises; then later tell the story to my friends and share a few tall boys...

*sigh*

Last edited:
Are people also fighting to not have to use a seatbelt? Same thing.

I agree, it's nice to have the choice of:

1.- Falling off the bike and smear my brains on the pavement.

2.- Falling off the bike, probably break a bone and earn some bruises; then later tell the story to my friends and share a few tall boys...

*sigh*

That reminds me how lucky we are, they could have banned the motorcycles altogether because they are so inherently dangerous.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/citylin...o-ban-the-motorcycle-20110613,0,4414821.story

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom