July - Deals Gap/Tail of the Dragon - Looking for 1 more | GTAMotorcycle.com

July - Deals Gap/Tail of the Dragon - Looking for 1 more

smergy

Site Supporter
This year we are planning a trip down to deal's gap/tail of the dragon again. We are looking for a 4th (sport/sport touring) rider, leaving from K/W, trailering down. Right now planning on the 3rd or 4th week of July, likely staying at Fontana Village. Leave here on saturday, come back the following saturday or sunday. Preferably track experience but if not, at least a few years of riding experience (no M1's, 125/250's, etc), but more important someone with a level head. We ride at slightly above average (but reasonable) pace and are looking for someone who is serious about going. PM me if you are interested, have any questions, or would like to know more.

bump

Hey Claudio I am going down on July 6 for a week, what were your plans that are falling through.

OP do you have any specific dates booked yet or just thinking about it for now.

Would love to go but going into a new job, my schedule for this year is very uncertain.

Hey Claudio I am going down on July 6 for a week, what were your plans that are falling through.

Suppose to go down 2nd week of May but looks like everyone is backing out.
I have room at resort booked but not sure yet as to what's going on.

hey sorry guys, I wasn't getting thread notifications. replying to messages now

we are looking at booking and putting down depsoits soon, and are pretty firm on either July 14-20 or July 21-27. Were leaving saturday returning the following sunday, doing the drive in 1 shot both ways. We've done this a few times, and will likely be renting a cabin with a kitchenette at Fontana. If you want to know any more let me know

Did the Gap last year. No need to trailer down, you can be there by noon the second day, Enjoy the gap a few times and then take in the near by roads. 28 south was fun all the way to Georgia. Include some of the Blue Ridge on the way home but remember the roads up and down to it are just as much fun as the BRP itself. 555 in Ohio was a fun diversion on the ride home.

Also head out on Sunday and ride the gap thru the week - they say it's packed on weekends.

the weekends we take other roads, during the week in July last year it was fine, occasionally you'd get a cruiser doing 5 mph with a 40 foot turning radius, but for the most part it was good. We'll still be trailering all of the supersports down though.

Hey Booya... still interested at all?
Don't want to pressure you but we'd like to know if we have to keep up the search or not...

Thanks in advance either way.

I'm looking into the weeks your going to see if I can he the time off.
Boss on holidays till next wed.
My summer has recently been cleared personally for me so I'm probably gonna be tagging along once I get vacation cleared and kid week sorted out with the ex hag...

Good to hear you'll likely be coming along with us.
Ex-hag.... hehehe... amazing how perceptions change eh?

I'm looking into the weeks your going to see if I can he the time off.
Boss on holidays till next wed.
My summer has recently been cleared personally for me so I'm probably gonna be tagging along once I get vacation cleared and kid week sorted out with the ex hag...

Will know end of this week, suppose to go to Laguna for the GP race July 19-25 so still figuring the logistics of the vacation days and you guys are not 100% on dates yet rite?
Don't want to commit until I'm 100% sure.

We are solid on either July 14-20 or July 21-27. Those are the only weeks I get vacation and they can't be changed due to a shop shutdown.
Our final decision will be based on our 4th person, which in this case will hopefully be you.

Hope to hear back soon.

thread bump, still looking for 1 more to join us. PM myself or Bigevildoer if your interested

re-posing original info - still looking for 1 more to join us. PM myself or Bigevildoer if your interested

This year we are planning a trip down to deal's gap/tail of the dragon again. We are looking for a 4th (sport/sport touring) rider, leaving from K/W, trailering down. Right now planning on the 3rd or 4th week of July, likely staying at Fontana Village. Leave here on saturday, come back the following saturday or sunday. Preferably track experience but if not, at least a few years of riding experience (no M1's, 125/250's, etc), but more important someone with a level head. We ride at slightly above average (but reasonable) pace and are looking for someone who is serious about going. PM me if you are interested, have any questions, or would like to know more.

bump, still looking

Back
Top Bottom