Ctek battery tender on sale @ CanadianTire | GTAMotorcycle.com

Ctek battery tender on sale @ CanadianTire

I got mine at the CT on Steeles west of Yonge.

Ordered mine online but interstate batteries carries some ctec stuff

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

The LiFePO4 battery (like Ballistic) makers explicitly instruct to not use chargers with desulphate modes. From watching my Ctek operate, it may not go into desulphate mode when charging a Lithium battery, but I'm not going to risk it.

It says it does do desulphation.

The LiFePO4 battery (like Ballistic) makers explicitly instruct to not use chargers with desulphate modes. From watching my Ctek operate, it may not go into desulphate mode when charging a Lithium battery, but I'm not going to risk it.
Ballistic has the same instructions for their batteries:
http://www.ballisticparts.com/tech/charging.php

I'm pretty sure it even says not to use a trickle charger in the manual that comes with the battery if I recall.

Thanks for the post -- I already have one, but I get tired of lugging it in the tailbag if I go home to visit family on the weekends (so could leave one there, and one at my condo). IMO it's a really good charger (use it on my bike's OEM battery, and on the Optima YellowTop in the car), although I'll second not using it on a LiFePO4 battery 1. because of the de-sulphate mode, and 2. with a lithium battery you really want a charger that can balance the cells, and you need a dedicated charger to do that (I'd even be leery of the bike's alternator/stator actually).

Just called,

None at 404/Major Mac, Lawrence/Dufferin, steels/yonge, sheppard/leslie (they say they have 2 but the guys cant find it)

One left in Aurora, one @ cederbrae mall.

Apparently they have been discontinued.

Last edited:
Just called,

None at 404/Major Mac, Lawrence/Dufferin, steels/yonge, sheppard/leslie (they say they have 2 but the guys cant find it)

Same story in Brampton too. I've used one for the last 4 years and it's been great. Now I need another for a second bike. Does anyone know of a good alternative? CT seems to have gone with this Noco Genius line which appear to be on sale this week.

i just used an old drill charger. maintains 3 battery's fine.

just looks like a fire hazard because there are 3 batteries

View attachment 31291

Just called,

They told me the same @ Sheppard/Leslie. I was told they were replaced with the Genius brand. Which are priced cheaper, but good reviews on them.

I got one at Markham & Lawrence on Monday -- I know they had at least 1 more (looked like a return), and I think they had another as well. No clue if they still have them/sold them but might be worth a shot.

Back
Top Bottom