Where dose everyone order mx parts | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Where dose everyone order mx parts

That sounds awesome! I just got mine back from him last weekend. Just did new springs for now since I really don't know how to ride it properly. haha... It's ridiculous how much firmer it is. I can't wait to ride it.
The suspension will blow your mind the first time you think you're going to case something and you ride it out! I had to set my sag (race sag since the new spring brought my static sag to spec) and that was it... I only played with the clickers a couple times, but that takes some time and experimenting to figure out what to do (lots of reading before I did anything) and always wrote down how many clicks I changed it from full in. Still learning :)
I can't wait to get the bike back...

He's got his site down
http://www.strictlymx.ca/

It hasn't been updated in while, but he's the only dude that works in the business... Which is good because you know it's him doing the work. Best thing to do is call his shop if you want to reach him.

If you want something done before this spring, I think you should get your stuff in this week ASAP. He's going on spring break and I don't think he will be really back in the shop until after the supercross weekend in Toronto, and he didn't have a crap pile of bikes lined up... But as soon as we get a warm spike he will be super busy.

I had my dealer (who is also a friend from childhood and a sponsor) trying to get me to bring my bike in for the rebuild, and while they would have given me a better price, the work would not have been the same... But Mike has always been fair.

The suspension will blow your mind the first time you think you're going to case something and you ride it out! I had to set my sag (race sag since the new spring brought my static sag to spec) and that was it... I only played with the clickers a couple times, but that takes some time and experimenting to figure out what to do (lots of reading before I did anything) and always wrote down how many clicks I changed it from full in. Still learning :)
I can't wait to get the bike back...

Already I'm amazed at how much firmer it is in the garage. I used to be able to sit flat footed, now I'm tip-toed. Mike set my sag already, at 100mm, expecting the spring to sag a bit more during break-in. I told him to expect some phone calls from trackside about damping changes and he said he fixes problems all the time over the phone. :)

Thumpertalk.com shipping is decent prices are good and top notch customer service. I do use Gnarlyparts.com mostly, great service as well!

D

Already I'm amazed at how much firmer it is in the garage. I used to be able to sit flat footed, now I'm tip-toed. Mike set my sag already, at 100mm, expecting the spring to sag a bit more during break-in. I told him to expect some phone calls from trackside about damping changes and he said he fixes problems all the time over the phone. :)

I'll be around at pretty much every MMRS weekend, so if you come out don't be afraid to come over to the "White Trash Racing" trailer. Always helping people out if they need it... And there may be a cold one or two in the cooler!

I'll be around at pretty much every MMRS weekend, so if you come out don't be afraid to come over to the "White Trash Racing" trailer. Always helping people out if they need it... And there may be a cold one or two in the cooler!

This? http://www.mmrs.ca/
Thanks for the invite! I'll see if I can make it to some events (to spectate).

Does anyone know if mike at SMX has any experience setting up supermoto suspension?

Sorry for the off topic question.

Thumpertalk.com shipping is decent prices are good and top notch customer service.

I disagree greatly with the first part of this comment. I wanted to order a set of case savers for my bike, at a cost of 35$ and shipping around 20 or 30$ (can't remember exactly) I think they're out to lunch for shipping. I can't speak for their customer service though, I haven't needed it at all.

Does anyone know if mike at SMX has any experience setting up supermoto suspension?

Sorry for the off topic question.

I don't think so, he's a pure dirt guy. Talk to reciprocity, he'll point you to experts at SM setup.

I disagree greatly with the first part of this comment. I wanted to order a set of case savers for my bike, at a cost of 35$ and shipping around 20 or 30$ (can't remember exactly) I think they're out to lunch for shipping. I can't speak for their customer service though, I haven't needed it at all.

I think your out to lunch.....Just ordered case savers myself. $10.26 USPS first class shipping...got them in 7 business days. The 20 or 30$ you speak of is for Fed ex or UPS...Plus the bonus is their stuff is much cheaper than here in Canada...so added cost of shipping is still most times cheaper than buying here. I have bought probably 1000$ of stuff in the past few months from Thumpertalk.com, and trust me I'm cheap as hell I buy where the best deal is! Just got a new shifter that was all messed up from shipping, replaced no problem and didn't want the old one back...pretty awesome if you ask me!

here: https://www.thumpertalk.com/shop/cart.php?m=view

Best deal I could find in canada was at vicious cycle 49.99 + 9$ shipping + tax

Here:http://aviciouscycle.ca/MainPages/productpage.aspx?productid=758

D

Last edited:
http://www.cheapcycleparts.com/
I use these guys,prices seem to be better than thumpertalk and I believe shipping is cheaper.Both places you will pay duty..gnarlyparts.ca I try to use these guy but usually dont have stock and they wont email you to tell you if you order online.

http://www.cheapcycleparts.com/
I use these guys,prices seem to be better than thumpertalk and I believe shipping is cheaper.Both places you will pay duty..gnarlyparts.ca I try to use these guy but usually dont have stock and they wont email you to tell you if you order online.

^^^^^Dealt with this shop a few times as well. bought a bunch of 450 stuff from them. prices are good and customer service is excellent.

With Gnarly it's just best to call and order your stuff I find.

D

Buid is coming along great, once again I have ordered everything off of tony still can't find cheaper then him

Back
Top Bottom