What are your lap times? | GTAMotorcycle.com

What are your lap times?

Corsara

Site Supporter
I swear I couldn't find a similar thread, interested to know what is considered fast at different tracks around here. Here's mine, but since I've been only to TMP (and just a few times only), my times are modest: personal best 1:24, consistently 1:26. A lot more understanding and things to emphasize on collected during the winter, combined with better and more reliable equipment, I'm planning on achieving 1:20 this summer.

If you also have info, post what the record at any track is, or if you know somebody who did such and such times, etc.

Oh thank you thank you thank you. I so love it when I get to do this.

Rossitrackdaylaptimes.jpg

I'm so fast I don't have a lap timer because the transponders/gps can't catch up to me.
I'm not even going to bother buying one until I feel like I'm getting better. Right now would be a waste of money cuz I know I'm slow. Lol

I just don't care, I'm faster than some, slower than some, if its in one piece at the end of a day, thats a victory. I don't always win.

I think he's implying that your question, though it may be earnest, sounds just like you pulled out your c**k and are flapping it around. ;)

I'm sorry if you felt slapped by a flapping c**k, I assure you it wasn't mine. My times at TMP are far from fast.

Well, I'm sure that every single one of you who ever set fingers on a lap timer, has a number they keep in their head. Obviously, many won't post it, so let's see what could the reasons be:

1) Afraid their times might turn out to be nothing special and somebody might look down on them---there goes's the image they've built so hard on GTAM..

2) You're embarrased by your time, so only option is to exaggerate, however the lie might (..will!) come out in the summer when somebody sees your slow *** at the track.

3) Your time is exceptional, but of course somebody knows somebody else who is faster, and people will think your an ******* bragging about it.

4) Somebody will say you're lying.

...did I miss any reason? So, why are you not sharing your times? Why do people care so much if they are fastest or not, I always thought it's about having fun, lol.. and the reason I'm asking is because when I go and try another track this summer and my time is severely off from yours, then I'll know I'm doing something completely wrong and I've got lots of room for improvement. Fact is, even the slowest riding on the track feels fast to the person on the bike, so where's the harm in knowing? No pride hurtin' here, lol, don't be shy boys (we already know the lady won't own a timer anytime soon).

Ah yes, Corsara just got to see the ugly superior-to-thou undercurrent of the internationally renowned professional GTAM racers first hand. It's a bit sad that their "pulling out their $genitalia and flapping it around" analogy is exactly what they're doing to you, but never let an opportunity pass to put a rookie in his place, amirite? No concerns, they'll act self-righteous about it and compare themselves favourably to the best international riders surreptitiously, rather than be useful or generous with their time, regardless of how this thread goes.

Carry on.....

Lap times aren't very useful, unless you're trying to put someone in their place;
"I'm awesome, I did a 1:00 flat on my superbike!
- Uhhh, so? I know a guy who did 0:50 on a vespa"

There are so many variables that affect lap times that comparisons are meaningless, from a learning point of view. Even pros don't compare lap times unless they're in the same class, on the same track, at the same time (ie qualifying).

EDIT:
Oh and another reason they're meaningless is that you can't actually work on lap times directly as a way of going faster. You can work on technique, aggression, anticipation, smoothness, fitness, focus. These things will result in lower lap times. But if you just 'decide' you're going to go 'faster' through a given corner next time, you're setting yourself up for trouble,

Last edited:
1.24 at tmp in my civic.
2.04 at shannonville long track
I stopped timing and doing video now and just drive on tracks.

Your times aren't bad corsara. I had the exact same questions as you (well sorta lol) when I started last year. I timed my very first day, and every one after that. How are you suppost to how much your progressing if you don't time yourself? It's not to say how awesome you are but it lets you set realistic personal goals, what's everyone's problem? I've been there 4 times I think and started at 1:30 got down to 1:20. I don't remember the track record but pretty sure race pace for the fast guys was 1:15 or less. Now if you wanted to know Bogie or Shannonville I'm sure Shamen has a video of his genitialia to whip out.

Some people are humble and don't want it to seem like they are bragging.

I'll talk about it at the track if you're curious but I generally avoid posting lap times on GTAM.

Some people are humble and don't want it to seem like they are bragging.

I'll talk about it at the track if you're curious but I generally avoid posting lap times on GTAM.

So to get a better answer Corsara from fast guys who aren't nudists, "what's a fast lap time at" (fill in your track of choice).

So to get a better answer Corsara from fast guys who aren't nudists, "what's a fast lap time at" (fill in your track of choice).

Bingo!

What would I consider 'pretty fast at a trackday?'

1:20 or less at TMP
2:00 at Shannonville Long Track
1:15 at SMP Pro Track

The timing system at GBM was pretty inconsistent this year. I don't know what kind of times we were running in the different configurations.

Ah yes, Corsara just got to see the ugly superior-to-thou undercurrent of the internationally renowned professional GTAM racers first hand. It's a bit sad that their "pulling out their $genitalia and flapping it around" analogy is exactly what they're doing to you, but never let an opportunity pass to put a rookie in his place, amirite? No concerns, they'll act self-righteous about it and compare themselves favourably to the best international riders surreptitiously, rather than be useful or generous with their time, regardless of how this thread goes.

Carry on.....

FYI, prior to your response, only one active roadracer had posted a reply at all, and up to this point, no one has posted their own lap times at all.

A "slow" time on a superbike may be faster than a "fast" time on a '71 Honda CB350 ... the rider on the vintage bike could very well be "better" than the rider on the modern superbike. I recall being at an AMA/CCS regional at Road America in which some of the AMA Superbike riders were practicing for the following AMA Pro Racing round that was the following weekend, and figuring out that their average speed over the lap exceeded the absolute top speed of my bike ('89 Yamaha FZR400) even if I didn't have to slow down for corners or hills at all ... And, locally, some of the lap times achieved by the good cbr125 riders have been remarkable on the tighter tracks, considering how little absolute speed and acceleration they have to work with.

Lap times from a few of the rounds at GBM last year (before the timing system stopped working) are available at www.soaracing.ca if you click on "results". Shannonville's site doesn't appear to show any lap times, but you can go to www.mylaps.com and do some research.

FYI, prior to your response, only one active roadracer had posted a reply at all, and up to this point, no one has posted their own lap times at all.

Doesn't matter. I stand by what I posted.

FYI Corsara, I can't help you out much myself, as I hate TMP and haven't been back there since... 2001 IIRC. That was in a car race, not really indicative.

When I've bothered to stopwatch a track day at Shannonville, I've done a 1:50.84 on the long track on an '05 GSX-R 1000 with Michelin Power Ones (full soft) best but I usually don't bother to stretch past around 1:56, as I am just hanging out and riding with friends. I'll do some racing this year there on the 600, that will be a better indication. Calabogie best so far is 2:10.x on my '08 GSX-R 1000, several laps just breaking into the .10s but mostly 2:12-2:14, I know where to get more speed but I'm not sure I'm going to unless I can do it smoothly with no trophy available... sucks that R.A.C.E. isn't going there this year as they did last, because I was really looking forward to that when I bought the 600. *sigh* Just remember that what you're riding matters, what kind of day it is matters, what condition the track surface is will matter, how your confidence is will matter, etc. etc. when you are thinking about lap times. There's rarely any real sub-second consistency, day to day, for lap times.

Back
Top Bottom