Who's Going Racing? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Who's Going Racing?

Feed Drew some of my cookies and watch the fun begin ... :)

Saw a post on the SOAR Facebook page today that there's only 86 days until the first practice weekend at Grand Bend Raceway....

So who's racing at SOAR this year? Anyone new? What classes are you running? Any goals?

The winter seems to be dragging. Maybe a little discussion will help move it along ;)

Thinking about trying SOAR for a weekend. Just have to convince my wife to give up another summer weekend in between RACE and CSBK weekends.

There would be the old man for Rookie and my 15 year old on a 125 or 250. The 13 year old isn't ready for racing yet and needs more track days.

Thinking about trying SOAR for a weekend. Just have to convince my wife to give up another summer weekend in between RACE and CSBK weekends.

There would be the old man for Rookie and my 15 year old on a 125 or 250. The 13 year old isn't ready for racing yet and needs more track days.

You guys will have a blast. There's something for everyone at SOAR. A fireworks show every Saturday evening from Rocket Fireworks, and the beach in Grand Bend is only a few minutes away. Any chance your wife would be interested in racing as well?

You guys will have a blast. There's something for everyone at SOAR. A fireworks show every Saturday evening from Rocket Fireworks, and the beach in Grand Bend is only a few minutes away. Any chance your wife would be interested in racing as well?

My wife puts up with our hobby. She rides dirt and street with us. And I actually have her registered for Phase 1 FAST in May but she has no interest she says in joining in on the racing or even track days.

My wife puts up with our hobby. She rides dirt and street with us. And I actually have her registered for Phase 1 FAST in May but she has no interest she says in joining in on the racing or even track days.

HA, that's exactly what my wife said 5 years ago... she was happy to just street ride. And now she does pretty good on track ;)

^ Really? You had to drag her into racing?

"Pretty good" is the understatement of the day. F-f-f-f-faaaaaaast would be more accurate!

Hmmmmm.... maybe after FAST school she'll change her mind. That's pretty much all it took for me. Never looked at street riding the same again.

HA, that's exactly what my wife said 5 years ago... she was happy to just street ride. And now she does pretty good on track ;)

No kidding, eh? "Pretty good" is such an understatement! Even really fast on an SV :p

I'll be doing at least a couple of rounds, funds permitting. My goal is to not crash the bike too bad :S
I mostly just want to get better :D

And what's this talk of cookies??? Yum special cookies

I'll be doing at least a couple of rounds, funds permitting. My goal is to not crash the bike too bad :S
I mostly just want to get better :D

Nice! It'll be great to have you with us. One thing I have found is that racing does make you faster.

And what's this talk of cookies??? Yum special cookies

I accidently fed the bear (JayV) and now he won't let up on the cookie issue. But they are pretty awesome cookies if I do say so myself ;)

I've been working hard physically over winter. I hope to finish my three rounds I have left in Rookie while doing 600 extreme and the New Bridgestone Cup!
I'm working on setting up an endurance team just to get more track time.
Maybe making some more friends at SOAR this year. I only know a few people there.
Good news, I won't be the lone American this year.
Anyone reading this considering racing, Let me tell you hands down SOAR is the BEST place to start. Not an intimidating atmosphere at all. People are always giving you a helping hand. Although, I've never had these amazing cookies before...

IF I'm somehow able to find a bike I hope to do all six rounds this year, (finally bought my license this year after doing "track days " only for the last few years). Hoping to not embarass myself and minimize crash damage ! Oh and looking forward to meeting a lot of you as well .....Is it May yet!

Last edited:
I am beginning to feel like a heroin dealer :D Glad people are returning and welcome to the new people joining us. We strive on FUN first. The racing is fast and close but best part is all the laughs from people that moments before were battling.

I'm really excited to join, even more excited to sponsor a class, I'd love to see the series grow year after year, and ken, drugs are much cheaper then this hobby !

Back
Top Bottom