aggressive tire profile | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

aggressive tire profile

you are comparing a bike from 15 years ago and tires from 15 years ago to modern tires and bike. If its not suspension it would blow my mind. it sound like you have to drop your front end a a few mm but your suspension could be so out of wach it could be almost any number of suspension problems. Just because you got the bike from someone who said it was set up does not mean its right. I bought my race bike thinking it was professional set up and it was so bad that I went though two brand new sets of tires in one trackday before I even started to make progress.

hey SunnyS were did you buy your pirelli"s ...it seems like a choice between these and Q2's.............and thanks for all the info everybody it helps speed up the process

Petes! of course.

I've never tried Q2's, but what I dont like is that they are an 'elderly' design. Europe gets the updated SportSmarts and I'm not quite sure why Dunlop won't bring them here. From the instrumented tests I've seen on the UK rags, the SportSmarts outdo the Q2's.

The Pirellis are a newer design with great reviews and they lasted a pretty long time for a supersport tire, and I loved my last set so much, I put a fresh set on the other day. I gotta get some track days in this year again. I miss them.

Its got no grooves on a good portion of the edge where it counts making for a nice slick tire. Just perfect for the track days. just love em.

nec66c.jpg

Last edited:
I don't know if you have adjustable clip ons, but i found when i bought my 07 zx6 the attack clip ons were pushed out to far for me. The bike handled like a John Deere tractor. I had to push to hard in the corners, i slowly pulled them in and the steering became quicker. Went to far and the bike dropped in to quick, just had to find my own comfort level. If you don't have adjustable bars disregard. Just thrown out a personal experience. Steve

Just like Dricked said;
Replace old tires with tires of choice. With the correct pressures given to you by your trackside tire guy, measure the circumference of the tires with a cloth tape measure and note this all down in a trackday notebook.
Set the bike up to a base line setting including ride height, suspension pre load and sag for your weight on both front and rear suspension. Check out all the Dave Moss suspension tuning videos starting with http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mK3flKxf41U. Once you have set up the suspension take her out for some warm up laps and then if it does not turn in to your satisfaction, bring it in and when sitting on the bike in an upright position have someone check that the swing arm is sloped approximately 12 degrees down towards the rear axle.

Back
Top Bottom