aggressive tire profile | GTAMotorcycle.com

aggressive tire profile

a51

hey "tire experts" I have a 08 zx6 that I had to 2 track days last year (work:mad:) .....it seemed like I had to force the bike to lean into the corner....it was a smooth roll but it seemed get half way over and not really want to drop in that sweat spot ......I've only ridden one other bike on the track it was a friends RC30 (gad about 15 yrs ago) and I remember luv'in it cause it just dropped into the corner very aggressively and railed through (still have dreams of that ride) ...the bike was already set up for the track (he was taller than me )......so thought I would start with the most aggressive tire profiles first .....I know some have a more "round rollin" profile and others a triangular one .......any info would be great especially if you happen to be riding a zx6
cheers

How old are the tires?

What pressures were you running?

What skill level would you consider yourself?

Any pics of the RC30?

tires came on the bike...age?......pressures were 33/34 .....they are bridgestones....skill level I'm new but I've been riding street stuff (2-FZR,CBR6,1GSXR,4-R1,RC51,and now aRSV4) for about 35 years (i'm old).....bike seemed to go in well but didn't want to lean right over and finish the corner.....reminded me of my old FZ750 ...it was long compared to my friends GSXR's.....managed to loose the front pretty dramatically a couple of times trying to force it faster in some of the slow stuff at grand bend but pretty sure thats not going to be the answer LOL..... no pics of the RC but I always remember my buddy laughing because I jumped on the thing the day after a fast school (1987 FZ600's LOL) and ran consistently just under a minute on the short track at shannonville.......I know thats not "fast" but I had never ridden the bike ...but it was a track bike....weird cause every time he rode it he crashed and I thought the thing had rails on it LOL

Last edited:
Having to force the bike into a corner can be a geometry/suspension issue as well... I wouldn't say it's the tires on it's own. It may be a track bike, but a good set up for one person can be a crappy set up for someone else.

TOTALLY agree Azim this will probably take some work just figured since I have to put new rubber on I might get some opinions on characteristics of different tires from you experts

Pirellis are more triangular than Bridgestones & dunlops.
Metzler has the same profile as pirelli, because they are owned by pirelli

Sent from my tablet using my paws

hey "tire experts" I have a 08 zx6 that I had to 2 track days last year (work:mad:) .....it seemed like I had to force the bike to lean into the corner....it was a smooth roll but it seemed get half way over and not really want to drop in that sweat spot ......I've only ridden one other bike on the track it was a friends RC30 (gad about 15 yrs ago) and I remember luv'in it cause it just dropped into the corner very aggressively and railed through (still have dreams of that ride) ...the bike was already set up for the track (he was taller than me )......so thought I would start with the most aggressive tire profiles first .....I know some have a more "round rollin" profile and others a triangular one .......any info would be great especially if you happen to be riding a zx6
cheers
If you still street ride, rain ride and do trackdays metzeler sportec m5. 10 trackdays and 12000km on a set.

Pick a tire, stay with it and tune your suspension with those tires. It sounds more like a suspension issue than a tire issue and switching brands while trying to get your setup dialed will have you chasing your tail.

I am commenting only because I had that same bike for 3 years. Your problem is not the tires, it's your suspension. I ran the same tires you are running and the bike was a beauty dropping and rolling from side to side on turns

Get your suspension set and you will see the difference.

I wish i still had that bike

.....they are bridgestones.........it seemed like I had to force the bike to lean into the corner....it was a smooth roll but it seemed get half way over and not really want to drop in that sweat spot....skill level I'm new but I've been riding street stuff ..bike seemed to go in well but didn't want to lean right over and finish the corner.....

Had to be 016s. I had the same disappointing experience, after loving the previous single compound 014s so much, I hoped the 016s would be even better, but they had the problems you described.

Went to Michelins PP2cts, and lately Pirelli DRC's, and all has been well again. :)

I had a set of used 016's on my bike for a short time and noticed that pressure made a huge difference with this tire. I experienced similar difficulties with turn-in running both tires in the low 30's on the street (unintentionally). Once inflated to recommended psi it felt like a new bike. The Power 2CT felt like it suffered less from under-inflation.

hey SunnyS were did you buy your pirelli"s ...it seems like a choice between these and Q2's.............and thanks for all the info everybody it helps speed up the process

Last edited:
Pete's Superbikes. Well reviewed on this forum

Sent from my Phone, dont judge the grammar

I have an '07 as my dedicated track bike and it seems to love the rounder Dunlop profile. Ive had Pirelli SBK pros on it and did care much for them. If it is only for the track-go with the 211's, track and street-the Q2's. And take the advice on your suspension, get it sorted, best investment you will make.

Back
Top Bottom