Stupidly overpriced motorcycle for sale thread | Page 255 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Stupidly overpriced motorcycle for sale thread

That Poor Katana 600, Hopefully someone can talk the price down & Fix it up someday.

I can't imagine that would be worthwhile. Even if he gives you the bike (which is likely a fair price), you are probably looking at thousands to get it on the road. When you try to sell it after you fix it, what's it worth, maybe a $1000?

Its' highest and best use may be a tannerite video.

Anybody in the market for a 1000 SS?
I thought I had my bike priced fairly...
Any insight?

Liter bikes are a hard sell and euro ones especially if you are not a brand specific dealer. Went through the same thing with my duc. Maybe you can find a dealer who will sell it on consignment?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Even if he gives you the bike (which is likely a fair price), you are probably looking at thousands to get it on the road.
Just done a Bit of Research for parts Based on what's listed in the ad for what it would need (Assuming there's nothing Hidden/Extra, it would need Tires, Front & Rear Brake Pads, Front & Rear Sprockets & Chain, Battery & Exhaust Headers), Looking on fortnine.ca for the Cheapest Brake Pads, Battery (Without Acid), Sprockets & Chain it would cost a grand total of $243.37 (After Tax & Free Shipping), Tires are Variable based on Size & Bike Style but the Cheapest Front Tire in stock Size (110/80/17) would cost $77.99+Tax & would be for a Cruiser, the Cheapest Rear Cruiser/Touring Tire in Stock Size (140/80/17) would cost $238.99+Tax, With those Tires the new Grand total would be $590.26 however choosing the Cheapest Rear Tire regardless of Bike type in the Stock Size would be $103.99+Tax for a Dual Sport, with that tire instead of the More Expensive Cruiser/Touring Tire the Grand Total would drop to $437.71 for everything except for the Exhaust Headers (Couldn't Find Any New, only Used with the Cheapest I could Find on Ebay being for the 1998-2006 Model while it would need 1988-1997).
TL;DR it would likely cost roughly $450-600 for Everything Except Exhaust, if the Bike can be had for free than that would leave roughly $550-400 to get the Exhaust, Install all the Parts yourself & Overall Spend Roughly the $1000 it would be worth (However depending on where/how & New/Used it's possible to spend less than that)

Last edited:
Liter bikes are a hard sell and euro ones especially if you are not a brand specific dealer. Went through the same thing with my duc. Maybe you can find a dealer who will sell it on consignment?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Yup. Check out this 2012 CBR1kRR at 2WheelMoto. $8.5k is a good price, IMO.

I was going to trade in my old bike for it, but decided to go down the private deal route.

http://www.twowheelmotorsport.com/m...BR1000RR-0f7284e50a0e08bc50c0da6b9963ad35.htm

Any insight?

It's not your bike. It's the fact that people who really want a liter SS can't easily get insured in the GTA (if at all) without lubing up. Had I not already bought one, I would've for sure considered buying yours. Looks mint.

Last edited:
Just done a Bit of Research for parts Based on what's listed in the ad for what it would need (Assuming there's nothing Hidden/Extra, it would need Tires, Front & Rear Brake Pads, Front & Rear Sprockets & Chain, Battery & Exhaust Headers), Looking on fortnine.ca for the Cheapest Brake Pads, Battery (Without Acid), Sprockets & Chain it would cost a grand total of $243.37 (After Tax & Free Shipping), Tires are Variable based on Size & Bike Style but the Cheapest Front Tire in stock Size (110/80/17) would cost $77.99+Tax & would be for a Cruiser, the Cheapest Rear Cruiser/Touring Tire in Stock Size (140/80/17) would cost $238.99+Tax, With those Tires the new Grand total would be $590.26 however choosing the Cheapest Rear Tire regardless of Bike type in the Stock Size would be $103.99+Tax for a Dual Sport, with that tire instead of the More Expensive Cruiser/Touring Tire the Grand Total would drop to $437.71 for everything except for the Exhaust Headers (Couldn't Find Any New, only Used with the Cheapest I could Find on Ebay being for the 1998-2006 Model while it would need 1988-1997).
TL;DR it would likely cost roughly $450-600 for Everything Except Exhaust, if the Bike can be had for free than that would leave roughly $550-400 to get the Exhaust, Install all the Parts yourself & Overall Spend Roughly the $1000 it would be worth (However depending on where/how & New/Used it's possible to spend less than that)

After sitting for that long outside, I would also anticipate needing calipers (or at least rebuild kits), maybe discs, likely all brake lines, quite possibly some cooling system parts and a ton of work in fueling/carbs and maybe rims depending on how they have been treated while rubberless. Your well researched price represents the lowest possible price assuming that bike has a strong will to live. If it has seen itself in the mirror, it may just decide to stay down.

Bet those rims are in fine shape rolling it around on the patio stones and what not. Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Any insight?

I sold mine just a while ago and had to sell it relatively cheap. There is very little market for them right now. Typically if people have the disposable income for a Superbike, they have the money to go out and buy a new one. Insurance is killing the market basically. By the time the insurance becomes affordable (30+ years old), people want a more comfortable bike. At least that's what happened to me.

Back
Top Bottom