Stupidly overpriced motorcycle for sale thread | Page 225 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Stupidly overpriced motorcycle for sale thread

Import part is very easy, actually....

You're right, it isn't bad at all. BUT because it is a U.S. bike already on Canadian soil for it to be correctly imported it needs to go back to states for 72 hours before it can be brought over. At that point it is a royal pain.

Please view this ad:

2015 Yamaha fz07 low km,
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-sport-bikes/...aign=socialbuttonsVIP&utm_content=app_android

Price: $*7,200

Download the application from the Google Play Store.
http://goo.gl/Hs9Yg

New ones are $7999...

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

dealer here has new old stock 2016 FZ07 for 6750

How can a 2015 only have 2500km on it? They only ride 500m to the corner Timmies?
Got my 2017 on April 15, only ride sunny weekends. Have a bit over 2200km on mine so far.

You're right, it isn't bad at all. BUT because it is a U.S. bike already on Canadian soil for it to be correctly imported it needs to go back to states for 72 hours before it can be brought over. At that point it is a royal pain.

Don't know about that, it's not the process I went through, both bikes were in Canada for over 15 years, I went to the office at Dixie and 401, paid the duties, and import fees, went to MTO, paid the taxes and paper work, and got my Canadian ownership, took all of 3 hours or so.

Maybe I was fortunate cause the bikes were old, 1972, and a 1985 ? Perhaps with newer bikes it's more involved ?

Don't know about that, it's not the process I went through, both bikes were in Canada for over 15 years, I went to the office at Dixie and 401, paid the duties, and import fees, went to MTO, paid the taxes and paper work, and got my Canadian ownership, took all of 3 hours or so.

Maybe I was fortunate cause the bikes were old, 1972, and a 1985 ? Perhaps with newer bikes it's more involved ?

It is easier for the older stuff because it doesn't have to meet RIV rules but that isn't what I'm really mentioning. The problem is a vehicle imported is supposed to be exported out of the U.S. database and the 72 hours on U.S soil is a U.S. customs requirement. Basically if you skip that step the vehicle is still in the U.S. system and if you ride/drive it into the states at a later date you may face some issues.

dealer here has new old stock 2016 FZ07 for 6750

How can a 2015 only have 2500km on it? They only ride 500m to the corner Timmies?
Got my 2017 on April 15, only ride sunny weekends. Have a bit over 2200km on mine so far.

You can't find any "new" 2015 in Ontario, they're all gone. Just few remaining 2016's are selling for $7900 + tax. They're selling them like crazy ...

Yep, the popular bikes are always hard to get good deals on

Get a new Bonneville, just as sexy, but made in 2017 and with more power, and cheaper than that.

It is easier for the older stuff because it doesn't have to meet RIV rules but that isn't what I'm really mentioning. The problem is a vehicle imported is supposed to be exported out of the U.S. database and the 72 hours on U.S soil is a U.S. customs requirement. Basically if you skip that step the vehicle is still in the U.S. system and if you ride/drive it into the states at a later date you may face some issues.

Since the vehicle is already on Canadian soil the US system doesn't have anything to do with it anymore. It's very possible that whomever exported it initially actually *did* this.

Regardles, there's no "flags" or anything on the Canadian side that would prevent the regular import process from being completed now - simply go through the RIV process as someone mentioned a few posts up.

How can a 2015 only have 2500km on it?

My VTX is a 2003, and when I bought it in the fall of 05 it had only 12,000KM on it...so the previous owner averaged less than 1000K a year. It was a garage queen then...but not anymore, I more than doubled that milage last summer alone and am well on my way to tripling it probably before the end of July.

I think, statistically, the "average" motorcycle owner in Ontario rides 1000KM a year, so I guess this shouldn't be surprising, but I'm always amazed at the fact that this actually seems to be based in reality.

Overpriced? Yea or Nay? Feels like it, but I have zero knowledge of restoration. It looks like a job done very well (from what you can see from pictures).

http://www.autotrader.ca/a/Honda/CB750+Custom/YORK/Ontario/19_10165607_/

Wow, 13,500 for a 73 CB750? I don't see that happening. It's like most restoration projects, buy a bike for 1000, add $5000 in parts and hope for something for your time. In reality, it's a 73 CB750, IMO it's hard to get it to break $5000 no matter how well it's done. It's very common and although it's an ok bike, it's not something that everybody lusted after. As bigpoppa brought up, you need to look at your pricing compared to what else people could buy for similar money (which in this case is almost every bike made between 1973 and 2015).

For sale a 1973 Honda CB 750.
Completely restored from ground up and in mint condition. Took roughly 8 months .
Stripped down to the frame then detabed, sandblasted then powder coated in a his vintage Blue Grey Steel colour.
This bike was completely restored with mainly it's original motor/parts etc, where possible, but also new updated parts were used for efficiency.
Runs excellent, also just replaced with new battery with warranty, along with an oil change. There are no accidents on this bike. Too many things done to list all of them.
This Motorcyle is for only serious buyers who appreciate and understand the Heritage of these vintage CB 750's.
Please no tire kickers, you will not be responded to.
Serious enquirers only, asking $13,500, or best offer.

EDIT:
Oh god, it's got pod filters. Has anyone ever got a bike to run properly with those?

Last edited:
Oh god, it's got pod filters. Has anyone ever got a bike to run properly with those?

And if I'm not mistaken a top-of-the-line MAC 4-in-1 exhaust

Overpriced? Yea or Nay? Feels like it, but I have zero knowledge of restoration. It looks like a job done very well (from what you can see from pictures).

http://www.autotrader.ca/a/Honda/CB750+Custom/YORK/Ontario/19_10165607_/

If it was restored to original it would be worth something...whatever a very common item is worth. Exactly what, I don't know, but this one, as nice as it looks isn't worth the asking price to me. I've never been one for old stuff anyways...function before form.

Since the vehicle is already on Canadian soil the US system doesn't have anything to do with it anymore. It's very possible that whomever exported it initially actually *did* this.

Regardles, there's no "flags" or anything on the Canadian side that would prevent the regular import process from being completed now - simply go through the RIV process as someone mentioned a few posts up.

All good if you don't take the bike into the United States, if you do there's a very good chance your vehicle will get flagged and you will face hefty fines courtesy of the U.S customs people.

All good if you don't take the bike into the United States, if you do there's a very good chance your vehicle will get flagged and you will face hefty fines courtesy of the U.S customs people.

Possible, but I highly doubt that they're this organized to attach the VIN (which would have to be cross referenced in real time from the plate at the border booth) in some fashion that it would red flag you during a crossing.

The whole idea behind the 72 hour export thing is so that US customs can check that stolen or financed/lien'd vehicles were not leaving the country.

IF it wasn't done properly (and who knows, it might very well have), they could have just crossed with it in a U-Haul or on a trailer not knowing any better. Rememeber, when you exit the USA the first border booth you drive up to is the Canadian one at which point you're already out of the USA - there is no booth on the US side while exiting where they check for this sort of thing. In such case where you need to declare something exiting (as is the case here) there IS a place to stop, but there's nothing stoping you from just blowing past it (innocently or otherwise) and just rolling up to Canada Customs instead.

Back
Top Bottom