Stupidly overpriced motorcycle for sale thread | Page 202 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Stupidly overpriced motorcycle for sale thread

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-street-cruis...-on/2014-yamaha-bolt-winter-priced/1230984581

A brand new bolt 2015-2016 clearance is currently $7500 0km from many dealers.

I wonder what he would sell it for if I told him to keep all the aftermarket stuff?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

probably wont be able to remove it himself, and since it will mostly be removed by someone else, he'll have to pay labor.

So in all likelyhood, he wont sell it stock
So he wants basically all his money back.
That's amazing.
And by amazing I mean wtf?!

Sent from the Purple Zone

they know the wr's are the best light dual sports on the market, besides the Euros(KTMs, husk, beta etc) so in their delusions they price them so high, ofcourse they never actually sell.

Yeah $5k for a WR with 25000km is insane. I'd offer the last guy $4k and see what he counters with, seems like a clean bike from the god awful pictures.

Last edited:
they know the wr's are the best light dual sports on the market, besides the Euros(KTMs, husk, beta etc) so in their delusions they price them so high, ofcourse they never actually sell.
The sad part is they DO sell. The used dual sport market is ridiculous. If you find a good deal you need to hit it immediately.
Motorcycle Mike on here got one of the best deals on a drz400s I've seen in a while. Fuzzy on the details but it was 2 years old, low km, clean as hell and $3500 or so.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Close... it was a bit older than 2 but looked brand new. Had lots of farkle too like a fmj pipe, jetted, seat concepts, etc etc...
I only got that deal because a colleague at work was selling it and he gave me a good deal to avoid kijiji tire kickers.
10/10, would buy again... in fact, I could likely sell it right now for the same that I paid or more despite adding about 8000km and a few scratches to it. Not selling though... because then I'd have to spend more getting something else.

Edit, the best deal I've heard of though is Rob Price's $1500 2007 KLX250... but that's another fluke as he got it from a buddy as well.

Your best bet for dual sport deals is look North and/or East... A few people I know have found deals in North Bay, Sudbury, Ottawa, and even Quebec... good enough deals that made driving there and time spent worth it.

The sad part is they DO sell. The used dual sport market is ridiculous. If you find a good deal you need to hit it immediately.
Motorcycle Mike on here got one of the best deals on a drz400s I've seen in a while. Fuzzy on the details but it was 2 years old, low km, clean as hell and $3500 or so.

Last edited:

That sounds pretty insane.

Got that right, the dual sport market is ridiculous, it seems to be worse than street bikes

Unless its a KLR("But thats not a dual sport" right?)

That sounds pretty insane.

Got that right, the dual sport market is ridiculous, it seems to be worse than street bikes

Unless its a KLR("But thats not a dual sport" right?)
I had a 99 KLR 650, took it everywhere. It will do it all, just slower. I loved mine, sold it with 86000km on it, still running. Best mod I did was a set of yz250 front forks with heavier springs.
In hindsight, I should have bought another instead of the versys, it's a better bike for what I do.

Yeah $5k for a WR for 25000km is insane. I'd off the last guy $4k and see what he counters with, seems like a clean bike from the god awful pictures.

I thought the same until I dug deeper.
The last one one is a recent US import (not the end of the world but can't get the history) and I received better pics. Looks like it's been put away dirty for the winter.. and looks like it has more than 9k. Final price was $4800. No thanks.

Used prices did Wr's are crazy

Last year i saw a 2016 0km WR at Suzuki of Newmarket for $6300.... Didn't last very long

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Wouldn't say it's stupidly overpriced, but a certain gixxer posted for sale on here over the weekend - 2 years old and 9000km but "practically brand new"

Back
Top Bottom