Stupidly overpriced motorcycle for sale thread | Page 131 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Stupidly overpriced motorcycle for sale thread

Lowered means automatic unstable ride? Granted the rear could drop if you're going to do that but I don't see it killing you the second you ride it.

Raising the fork legs through the triples (without a corresponding correction to the rear suspension) rotates the bike forward and reduces the rake and trail (making the bike more twitchy) and increases the weight on the front wheel. It makes it easier to turn in and more likely to tuck the front.

It can also bash the wheel into something important.
Ideally, the way to speed up handling is to jack the rear, which also give you more clearance.

Holy $h!t! Who set up that bike? 2 inches of fork above the triple tree? That must be one unstable ride.

This guy:

6a00d8341bf67c53ef0168e5b60cdb970c-800wi.jpg

Raising the fork legs through the triples (without a corresponding correction to the rear suspension) rotates the bike forward and reduces the rake and trail (making the bike more twitchy) and increases the weight on the front wheel. It makes it easier to turn in and more likely to tuck the front.

That's exactly what I was referring to. But messing with Rake\Trail is touchy. When you're going for a geometry change, it's mm's at a time. I just flipped the eccentric mount on my rear shock (2mm change) and it made a big difference in the handling. But you can't see it by looking. That bike doesn't look lowered. It looks stupid.

On a bike it's not designed for it'll handle like **** which is what Franksy was alluding to.

I've had two lowered busas (and stretched).

While they handle differently, they're not difficult to ride at all. Any competent rider can effectively lean a lowered bike over.

Why/how people got this impression that changing the height is going to turn a bike into an unmanageable animal is beyond me...

I've had two lowered busas (and stretched).

While they handle differently, they're not difficult to ride at all. Any competent rider can effectively lean a lowered bike over.

Why/how people got this impression that changing the height is going to turn a bike into an unmanageable animal is beyond me...

When you can easily drag a peg with stock position rearsets, drop the bike two inches and you're gonna have a bad time.

When you can easily drag a peg with stock position rearsets, drop the bike two inches and you're gonna have a bad time.

Doesn't change the statement....just rides differently is all. Doesn't mean it's any more difficult to ride.

and if you're riding on street and scraping pegs, that's a whole different enchilada to speak to.

Doesn't change the statement....just rides differently is all. Doesn't mean it's any more difficult to ride.

and if you're riding on street and scraping pegs, that's a whole different enchilada to speak to.

Seriously? This is ok for typical drag bike that are used in a straight line and with very slow cornering. There is a reason why the bike is set to a height from the factory.

Look at a Gsxr that's being raced, they either have fork cap extenders or adjustable triple clamps. There's a reason for this and doing what that guy did in the pic just makes it handle worse.

Without a doubt the bike would be harder to ride and impossible to get it to finish a corner. You don't need to be riding like an idiot to feel this.

Look at a Gsxr that's being raced, they either have fork cap extenders or adjustable triple clamps. There's a reason for this and doing what that guy did in the pic just makes it handle worse.

Without a doubt the bike would be harder to ride and impossible to get it to finish a corner. You don't need to be riding like an idiot to feel this.

You need to ride with this crowd, they blast the bike in a straight line, then slam on the brakes, wobble through a corner, then slingshot up and down a straight road.

From what i've seen on SS demos, about half of riders ride like this. This is very common and why I avoid group rides.

You need to ride with this crowd, they blast the bike in a straight line, then slam on the brakes, wobble through a corner, then slingshot up and down a straight road.

From what i've seen on SS demos, about half of riders ride like this. This is very common and why I avoid group rides.

That's a pretty generic statement to make. I agree many do exactly what you're describing but come on... lots of hatred to something you simply don't want to do to your bike. No fault in that, but pretty judgemental to others.

And, the slow turn, twist the wrist thing isn't isloated to the modified crowd. That's just poor rider skills trying to impress their brethren.

Right. I'm not saying the handling is optimum. i think tha'ts the confusion here.

I'm pointing out that people are saying a lowered bike is pretty dangerous. it's just a different handling machine is all.

Right. I'm not saying the handling is optimum. i think tha'ts the confusion here.

I'm pointing out that people are saying a lowered bike is pretty dangerous. it's just a different handling machine is all.

If you lower both ends, you are correct (although you call it different, I call it worse for non-drag racing applications).

From the pics, it is hard to tell if the rear was lowered or just the front. Substantially altering the height of one end of the bike will affect the handling more than changing the ride height of the whole bike. At least on your lowered bike, the rake/trail and steering head angle were left alone.

Please view this ad:

02 YZF R6, Low Km, Some Uprades, Runs Great,
http://ottawa.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehi...m-Some-Uprades-Runs-Great-W0QQAdIdZ1020035163

Price: $ 7,000.00

Download the application from the Google Play Store.
http://goo.gl/Hs9Yg

02 R6 $7000

LOL

I have for sale my 2002 R6 with low miles, bought it from a friend and never really drive it. Deltabox II frame, race jetted, six speed, good suspension, good brakes, Sport tech windscreen. There is a chip in the front mud guard the size of a toonie.

Oooh, race jetted and good suspension and brakes.

Back
Top Bottom