Stupidly overpriced motorcycle for sale thread | Page 235 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Stupidly overpriced motorcycle for sale thread

But would it have been cheaper paid out in cash at the beginning? There's still financing costs, no? Thought the last new car I bought, had a $1k difference between cash and finance over 4 years. It's possible the $$ put in an investment would have made more then the $1k over the 4 years...or not.

everybody is in a different spot financially, nothing wrong with financing a toy if you have done some basic arithmetic and realize most toys will depreciate really soon after purchase and getting out may mean a haircut if you bought with a long payout period, its really easy to be upside down for the first couple years.
Cash will always be king, but you have to have it....

I think about that clearance deal on the FZ8 a lot. Mac's kid financed it at a price that was very obviously below what they would be worth used. The dealer really, really wanted to get rid of them for some reason

Last edited:
But would it have been cheaper paid out in cash at the beginning? There's still financing costs, no? Thought the last new car I bought, had a $1k difference between cash and finance over 4 years. It's possible the $$ put in an investment would have made more then the $1k over the 4 years...or not.

Huh? lol

Homemade Trike on Kijiji https://www.kijiji.ca/v-street-crui...tent=app_ios&utm_medium=social&utm_source=sms

"Head turner" - no it's just people looking for a toilet to sit on.

1984, 214,000 km, automatic, toy(???), $9000. I don't think he needs to be worried about a rush of potential buyers. It was a lot of work, but the end result isn't that pretty (although I also am entertained by the ball buster shifter).

Selling my 1984 Honda Goldwing homemade Trike . The back end is from a toyota MR2. It is a 4 cylinder automatic. Reason for selling too many toys and not enough time to enjoy them all . Very unique it's a head turner . Asking 9000 or best reasonable offer .

Last edited:
I think about that clearance deal on the FZ8 a lot. Mac's kid financed it at a price that was very obviously below what they would be worth used. The dealer really, really wanted to get rid of them for some reason

It was a truckload sale just as the FZ9 was being introduced at a lower price than the list on the FZ8 at the time. Yamaha authorized them to clear out the last 24 bikes and one guy could not get his financing so we were next in line.
Right place right time ...there are still dealers trying to get $7-8k for a new 2013 FZ8

Kenz could have opted for the FZ9 but did not like the ergos and of course first model year of a major product change is ( and was ) a risk.

The FZ8 has been reliable...he's had fun with farkling it and sees no reason for a new machine ...it's paid off...he can play hooligan around town and still go across the country....not much more you can ask of a bike.
Financing is just a tool and rates are relatively low. With young riders - insurance is so punitive that financing is often the only option.
I preferred him have a bike with warranty as well and really that Unexpected Magic review was convincing.

[/B]
Huh? lol

Pay the full price in cash or put the cash into investments and use financing for the car. The investments might make more return the the extra cost of financing($1k in my example). Or not if it's bad investments. Clear as mud now?

guess I was looking at the age and mileage and everything it needs, and the difficulty of insuring a litre

Homemade Trike on Kijiji https://www.kijiji.ca/v-street-crui...tent=app_ios&utm_medium=social&utm_source=sms

"Head turner" - no it's just people looking for a toilet to sit on.

It looks like there is more MR2 than Goldwing in the mix. Shouldn't it be registered as an MR2?

How does one get something like that legally registered? Where are the serial numbers?

$9,000? If you wanted to drive a toilet as Demon Pig suggests don't go over $500 so it doesn't hurt as much when you are forced to scrap it for legal reasons.

I wouldn't call that stupidly overpriced at all. A little high sure, 2009 at 30k+ for a GS500, hell I would probably price it at +/-3200 assuming it works (motorcycle tech/dealer is liable at this point due to business), but double of what it's worth from a dealer?
Are you really expecting this bike to be sold from a businessman at $2k?

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

We all expect businessmen to jack the price all the way to the moon. However, doesn't change the fact that this GS is worth maybe around half what he's asking. Not much demand for those bikes. They are outdated in every single way. Personally I'd pay just under $2,000 for it if I was in the market for one.

We all expect businessmen to jack the price all the way to the moon. However, doesn't change the fact that this GS is worth maybe around half what he's asking. Not much demand for those bikes. They are outdated in every single way. Personally I'd pay just under $2,000 for it if I was in the market for one.

That's probably the cheapest bike in the showroom. Cheap enough to catch an impulse buyer as you can get out the door for less than 5K. An informed buyer would buy be unlikely to buy that bike at that price.

everybody is in a different spot financially, nothing wrong with financing a toy if you have done some basic arithmetic and realize most toys will depreciate really soon after purchase and getting out may mean a haircut if you bought with a long payout period, its really easy to be upside down for the first couple years.
Cash will always be king, but you have to have it....

I looked at the cost of financing on my shadow(about $1200) over 5 years as a reasonable compromise for the peace of mind of having a brand new bike without much initial cash out of pocket. Compared to using the little cash I had available to buy what for that money would likely have been somebody else's problems, as was the case with my Yamaha. No flip that to a $50,000 car or an $80,000 truck and my feelings might change lol

Back
Top Bottom