Stupidly overpriced motorcycle for sale thread | Page 221 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Stupidly overpriced motorcycle for sale thread

I took a quick peruse through Kijiji, Craigslist and Auto Trader earlier today.
There are far too many overpriced bikes to list here.
The seriously overpriced ones seem to have the same things in common.
The current owner gives you a list of the far away places they have ridden to in the past, as though the new owner is expected to pay for their fun.
The bike is ten years old, but they think it's still worth 75% of what they paid for it new.
And of course never dropped and serviced properly (what are the odds the original oil filter is still on it).

I'm searching for a used bike and I know exactly what you're talking about. Some of them are clearly overpriced by thousands of dollars but owners still insist the deal is a steal ... makes me think who's the thief.

I took a quick peruse through Kijiji, Craigslist and Auto Trader earlier today.
There are far too many overpriced bikes to list here.
The seriously overpriced ones seem to have the same things in common.
The current owner gives you a list of the far away places they have ridden to in the past, as though the new owner is expected to pay for their fun.
The bike is ten years old, but they think it's still worth 75% of what they paid for it new.
And of course never dropped and serviced properly (what are the odds the original oil filter is still on it).

I finally created an account so I could join in on the fun. Here is a "2009" Yamaha r6 with a few scratches on it and 29,000km for $5000. Only problem is the body style was updated for the 2006 model year and this is the old body style (I'm not knowledgable to tell which year). If he's willing to lie (or doesn't know) the year of the bike, I don't want to think about what other problems could be lurking on that thing.

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-sport-bikes/gatineau/r6s-2009/1254774873

I finally created an account so I could join in on the fun. Here is a "2009" Yamaha r6 with a few scratches on it and 29,000km for $5000. Only problem is the body style was updated for the 2006 model year and this is the old body style (I'm not knowledgable to tell which year). If he's willing to lie (or doesn't know) the year of the bike, I don't want to think about what other problems could be lurking on that thing.

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-sport-bikes/gatineau/r6s-2009/1254774873
That's actually an R6S and that's what they look like.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

Search Vulcan on kijiji and see how many people are asking $5-7k+ for old/high milage bikes when you can get brand new ones for $6-7k. Just saw a 10yo 900 with 51k on it the guy wants 4500, meanwhile Sturgess in Hamilton has a new non-current bike with 1km on it for $7k.

Search Vulcan on kijiji and see how many people are asking $5-7k+ for old/high milage bikes when you can get brand new ones for $6-7k. Just saw a 10yo 900 with 51k on it the guy wants 4500, meanwhile Sturgess in Hamilton has a new non-current bike with 1km on it for $7k.

There are a lot of ninja 300s for sale with ridiculous price tags as well. I saw several used on kijiji for more than a new non-current bike for sale in Guelph. Heres a 2014 model with 4500k on it for $6500 http://www.kijiji.ca/v-sport-bikes/ottawa/kawasaki-ninja-300-abs/1255855543. What are these people thinking?

I guess that means that if I buy a new non-current Vulcan, it should hold its value nicely for a few years.

If it helps, I have heard that Star 1100s will run forever with ordinary care. There are a handful of 2005-2007 models on Kijiji today for $4000.

09 CBR600RR ABS for 7500...around 25- 30K clicks...good deal?

EDIT: Bone Stock!

Back
Top Bottom