Stupidly overpriced motorcycle for sale thread | Page 194 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Stupidly overpriced motorcycle for sale thread

Come on now. It's probably worth closer to $3k. It's a modern-ish fuel-injected bike.

Not with that mileage. Good luck selling a motorcycle with that kind of mileage.
Best option would be to part this out, then yes, you'd get around $3,000 for parts.
How do I know? Just sold one with 80K for $1,300. I started at $2,600. Wasn't even close to mint but gives you an idea.
Honestly, anything over 10 years and 60,000km - super tough.
VFRs are not as popular nowadays as they used to be either, many people have no clue what it is.

Last edited:
Honestly, anything over 10 years and 60,000km

More cheap old beaters for me. *high five*

x2. In the metric cruiser market as long as it's in good physical and general mechanical condition I'd buy something 10Yrs old with even considerably more than 60K without much concern. Just bought my wifes Vstar with 45,000K on the clock and well over 10 years old, but it's a creampuff as it's been looked after.

Perhaps the sportbike market is different, but the cruiser market seems to slowly creep down to a certain point and then stuff holds its value unless it's cosmetically trashed, or mechanically a basket case.

I don't know what a reasonable price is for an early/mid 2000's 600 SS, but these guys that want $6000 for their bike from 2004 with like 30k km, say it's mint then continue to say it's been dropped at a stand still one time seem crazy

I don't know what a reasonable price is for an early/mid 2000's 600 SS, but these guys that want $6000 for their bike from 2004 with like 30k km, say it's mint then continue to say it's been dropped at a stand still one time seem crazy

Some folks forget that it's 2016 and not 2006 anymore. Just because time stopped for them and their riding doesn't mean the rest of us stopped. Also, MSRP's have come down on newer models so (like with cars these days) it's sometimes better to just get a new(ish) one from a dealer than private because prices are outrageous (depending on model you're looking). Also, Frustration and kijijidiots.

Yea I mentioned this earlier before I got my 899 Panigale back again. I was looking at CBR 1000RR's. People on Kijiji are high on some good stuff with asking prices. Countless 2008 1000RR CBRs with 30 to 40K asking 8-10K LMFAOOOO:lmao: I messege these people ask them who the **** in the right mind would buy a 8 year old 40KM bike for 8-10K when they can buy BRAND ****ING NEW 2015 0KM for 11,500 at the dealer. That comes with a full warranty so if an engine pops I am covered. "Oh man but mine is mint, and its my baby it wont ever break"

Blow me. I would buy brand new at that point if I really wanted a CBR 1000RR. In my case I spent 10K on a 2014 Panigale.

These people are simply hoping some idiot stumbles onto them. Wouldn't pay more then 5K for a 08 CBR 1000. Don't know why the market is over inflated for these bike specifically.

mid 2000's SS 600CC I would say a reasonable number would be 4K depending on bike.

Last edited:
I paid $6000 for a 2008 Suzuki GSX-R 750 with only 12,000kms. I thought it was fair. The bike had all the typical mods I would do, full exhaust, solo seat, double bubble wind screen etc. I saw numerous bike with double the kms and half the extra's for the same price or more. If you price things well they will sell in a few weeks, anything longer it isn't wanted or your pricing is garbage.

I should put my race bike back to stock and sell off the parts. According to the market I could get what I paid for it back 3 years ago!

Back
Top Bottom