Stupidly overpriced motorcycle for sale thread | Page 166 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Stupidly overpriced motorcycle for sale thread

Guess those uploads from his phone were automatic.

on that note, is it a thing where you start to see the same bikes reposted?

there should be a kijiji support group (maybe this thread is it? lol)

Horrible execution of a cafe. Good platform with potential but he's really mucked it up.

They didn't really do that much damage, they just took the lights, side panels and seat (and rear "bodywork") off a CB750C (which begins life already being kinda lame). Not like the other guy, who I'm pretty sure has cut into the rear subframe of a CB900F, and painted over a perfectly good tank. Like c'mon!! Look me in the eye and tell me the original pictured CB900F is no longer cool

Last edited:
based on what friends of the people that have come to see the bike are saying (so what is that, 3rd party? 4th party?) my asking price is way too high for a 500cc Virago, and that they could totally by a GSXR with hard 50K and light fairing damage for the same price.

http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforu...ustom-XV500-Virago-Classified-Moto-Style-Cafe

I think I'm sorta proud that this might be the worlds most expensive XV500.

It is about three times what you're gonna get for it.

Would look a ton better with a sleeker tank. Color scheme is great though.

thanks man. it was a fun build. learned a lot about a lot of things.
Also, the tank holds more fuel than stock. I wanted a little more range. And I built it like that so I could make the bike a little more visually bulky since it is very small in the flesh.

but yeah, one mans trash, etc etc, amirite?

I actually like that tank.

I dunno... you have a lot of work into it, and it's documented. If it were me, I'd get some better pictures and just see what I could get for it. I have a question for you though - did you respring those suspension parts? I tried looking at your build blog but it's pretty long

thanks! i'm gonna get some pro shots before the summer is out (i know, im running out of time).

as for the suspension questions, the weight is kept pretty close to the stock weight, but distribution of that weight has moved forward a little bit. the new weight is also similar to the stock ZX6R, as is the distribution now.

so basically, the rear spring/shock is stock virago still, with the preload set at 2nd of 5 notches. the front preload is set at a little less than stock, and the bound and rebound are all set one click softer/looser than stock on the forks. all stock parts in everything still.

It gives a firm ride in the city, but compliant/smooth enough that its not brutal. the feel is somewhere between supersport and cruiser. the fat front tire dulls the feel a bit, but really helps out going over streetcar tracks and ****** potholes. I built it for the city, so its no corner carver. it is still fun and confidence-inspiring when you get into some bends though.

Back
Top Bottom