Stupidly overpriced motorcycle for sale thread | Page 275 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Stupidly overpriced motorcycle for sale thread

Outrageous? It's a new bike with a ton of mods.probably a little high,but if you did it yourself it would be a bunch more than their price.A new 500 EXC_F is $13k.

buddy i paid 14K got a '18 1090R...yeah I think the price tag 16K for a 500 EXC is outrageous.
Yes the additional farkles are expenive, trust me i know...but cannot be added to asking price of new bike - the dealer is trying to recover that cost, and anyone stupid to pay deserved it lol

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

By reading the KTM ad, it seems to me like the bike was built to sell like that.
But I could be wrong.
Nice looking bike imho.

Sent from my purple G4 using Tapatalk

that KTM 500 ad looks like a consignment sale
pics are off site
ad instructs to call to ensure bike can be there
so might not be the dealer setting price

seems like a ton of dough for a 500
even at 13K for a stock one

would need a serious fanbois to pay 16 for that one

that KTM 500 ad looks like a consignment sale
pics are off site
ad instructs to call to ensure bike can be there
so might not be the dealer setting price

seems like a ton of dough for a 500
even at 13K for a stock one

would need a serious fanbois to pay 16 for that one
I think you're right, and after re-reading the ad, this line stood out: "...and Kris, our Parts & Accessories Manager, has dressed this 500 to stand apart from from other EXC models.". It now reads more like it's Kris' personal bike that's up for sale when combined with your other observations.

I think you're right, and after re-reading the ad, this line stood out: "...and Kris, our Parts & Accessories Manager, has dressed this 500 to stand apart from from other EXC models.". It now reads more like it's Kris' personal bike that's up for sale when combined with your other observations.

Not a personal bike.I know these guys.They are given the freedom to modify stock bikes to show off their accessory department.(where dealers make a lot of money) They have done this with Ducati Monsters a few times which have a HUGE accessory list.

You have to really value the two sets of wheels that come with that KTM for it to start to make sense. It still really doesn't though. There isn't much in the way of substantial mods other then warp9 wheels which are an okay middle of the road brand but nothing special. That bike has also been there for quite a while now.

If your going to strictly ride on the street a KTM 690 or Husky 701 is a much better bang for the buck.

one of 1,000 ugly LE R6's made that year
someone made this one even uglier
awful, and overpriced
I especially love this line "2001 Yamaha R6
Special Edition Race bike. " champions edition R6".
Gotta love Harley dealers lol.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

You have to really value the two sets of wheels that come with that KTM for it to start to make sense. It still really doesn't though. There isn't much in the way of substantial mods other then warp9 wheels which are an okay middle of the road brand but nothing special. That bike has also been there for quite a while now.

If your going to strictly ride on the street a KTM 690 or Husky 701 is a much better bang for the buck.
Agreed. If this was a 690 with both wheel sets I'd be on my way to Apex to buy it today.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

I'm not so sure aerodynamic is the correct term when it has a flat back. It will be like towing most sled trailers and the poor tow vehicle will feel like it is driving through sand when at speed.

From a 2009 forum post "Apparently, the single bike versions run from $5500 to 10K". It looks like the poster wants to get all their money back on their used trailer. Good luck.

2012 Price list http://www.billstrailersales.com/trailers/ironhorse/2011 -2012_Prices.pdf $6100 USD base price.

Back
Top Bottom