Stupidly overpriced motorcycle for sale thread | Page 188 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Stupidly overpriced motorcycle for sale thread

I didn't want to start a thread just for this bike, but I don't really think it's "stupidly overpriced" more like...why did you originally spend that much money? Guy allegedly spent $3000 having a helmet painted (included with the bike, which had $10,000 put into it)

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-sport-bikes/london/ducati-848-race-replica/1167733675

If you have to question why someone spend that much money, you should start with a question why does it matter?

Your neighbour across the street probably have the same question on why you spend money on that death trap two wheels.

People spend money for their pleasure. Questioning why is stupid in itself. $3000 is nothing compared to kids buying $10000 Apple watch.

If you have to question why someone spend that much money, you should start with a question why does it matter?

Your neighbour across the street probably have the same question on why you spend money on that death trap two wheels.

People spend money for their pleasure. Questioning why is stupid in itself. $3000 is nothing compared to kids buying $10000 Apple watch.

Is this your helmet? Be honest

It doesn't matter. ... But it's still stupid.

Why we care though? Because people post all these outrageous amounts of money they allegedly spend on their vehicles and accessories as if it increased their value.
That $3,000 helmet is worth about nothing. It's just a used helmet at this point.
So even though the owner can do whatever he wants, him informing the rest of the world that he basically threw 3 grand out the window, doesn't do much for the resale value of his bike.

Last edited:
It doesn't matter. ... But it's still stupid.

Why we care though? Because people post all these outrageous amounts of money they allegedly spend on their vehicles and accessories as if it increased their value.
That $3,000 helmet is worth about nothing. It's just a used helmet at this point.
So even though the owner can do whatever he wants, him informing the rest of the world that he basically threw 3 grand out the window, doesn't do much for the resale value of his bike.

Why would it be stupid to inform how much you spent on it? Sure you dont see value in it but thats not the point.

My neighborhood spent a fortune on his audio setup, he was asking if I want to upgrade from my blah polks setup..... would i call him stupid for spending 2grand on freaking speakers stand and cables bridges?

No , it's a freaking hobby ...but you somehow think its a business.

Have you seen custom air brushed paint job on a car? Its not cheap, so go ahead and question why ppl do it.

Last edited:
Saw that F4i on kijiji earlier.

Only reason I'm selling is b/c baby on the way so the bike has to go.
No low ballers, this bike is in pristine condition and I know what it's worth and not in a hurry to sell.

I wonder how soon that baby is coming :D

$5200 2015 Honda CBR300ra WITH ABS Limited edition black/yellow
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-sport-bikes/...ow/1167434410?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

bought the bike and insurance is too expensive.
I bought the bike and everybody told me insurance was going to be cheap and because im under 25 the insurance is high for me. So i decided to sell the bike. It was never dropped. The previous owner got it from the dealership. Everything is original. Feel free to ask me questions.
emailed him regarding 2015 discount and his response is...

HA! No one wants that ugly red and tri colour. That's why they are there and still on the market. I have a buyer coming today.

Last edited:
That doesn't sound too unreasonable it is a brand new bike and the buyer would most likely not pay as much jn taxes assuming they say the bike is like 3k.

On top of that I'm sure he would sell it if you knocked him down to 4900 or 5000.

Crazy price for a 300, but hey that's the market.

Sent from my SM-G530W using Tapatalk

That doesn't sound too unreasonable it is a brand new bike and the buyer would most likely not pay as much jn taxes assuming they say the bike is like 3k.

On top of that I'm sure he would sell it if you knocked him down to 4900 or 5000.

Crazy price for a 300, but hey that's the market.

Sent from my SM-G530W using Tapatalk
It's still got 3300km on it. plus that's more than new.

It hasn't been used...so of course it's been babied....lol

With 6k km....can you do much damage that's NOT noticeable?

Last edited:
It hasn't been used...so of course it's been babied....lol

With 6k km....can you do much damage that's NOT noticeable?

If the first owner was to type to sit in a Tim's parking lot bouncing it off the rev limiter, plenty.

Why would it be stupid to inform how much you spent on it? Sure you dont see value in it but thats not the point.

My neighborhood spent a fortune on his audio setup, he was asking if I want to upgrade from my blah polks setup..... would i call him stupid for spending 2grand on freaking speakers stand and cables bridges?

No , it's a freaking hobby ...but you somehow think its a business.

Have you seen custom air brushed paint job on a car? Its not cheap, so go ahead and question why ppl do it.

Hobby is painting it, business is selling it. Nobody cares what you spent painting a helmet, especially when it's not even the helmet that's posted. That's why it's stupid. It was a miserable attempt to jack the value of the motorcycle.

When did I question why people airbrush stuff? What does your neighbour spending money on audio systems have to do with anything?

holy ****, I almost just died...

"selling this beauty", "MINT, only $400-600 to fix" someone send this guy a text, I already did...

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-sport-bikes/...ty/1166816700?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

$_27.JPG

Is that a whack of rust I see on the front rotor? Wowsa... Why doesn't he fix the bike and sell it for $2000 then? I suspect the body work alone is going to run a heck of a lot more than $500 to make right.

And WTF is that hanging from the bottom in one of the other photos...more like $400-600 to buy

Back
Top Bottom