Motogp 2013 | Page 14 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Motogp 2013

It was on at 8 am, woke up early to watch the race and went back to bed disappointed that Rossi didn't make the podium.
Even though I have the MotoGP pass, I couldn't wait to watch the race..

Awesomeness, really appreciate it. Maybe one day I can join you infamous Scarborough ride :p
Careful, you know what happens.

-Jamie M.

Last edited:
Ok so as the OP of this thread, I don't want it converted to another "Look at me" Jamie thread.

What happened is what always happens, some noob crashed due to lack of skills and a ****** leader... case closed

This thread is about motogp and some relevant side conversations, move it somewhere else

Has anyone followed the results from testing?

Looks like Marquez is still the golden boy, Crutchlow should be on a factory bike, Lorenzo along with Pedrosa are almost evenly matched, Rossi is still re-acquainting himself with the Yamaha, Ducati is still trying to be closer to the top with Dovi leading Hayden, and Bradl needs to step up on the satellite Honda (I mean look what Crutchlow is doing on the satellite Yamaha, its a shame he can't get it together on race day)

Careful, you know what happens. From today:
-Jamie M.
:lmao:Man I must've been smoking the good stuff.

Back on topic, 3 races, 3 winners, can we have a fourth? Maybe Rossi can pull it off next time.....

"Lorenzo then thought he had enough of a gap in front of the rookie to not adopt a defensive line approaching the final corner."

Ummm......... he was basically asking for 3rd place. RD wouldn't do anything, Silly Spaniards.

Has anyone followed the results from testing?

Looks like Marquez is still the golden boy, Crutchlow should be on a factory bike, Lorenzo along with Pedrosa are almost evenly matched, Rossi is still re-acquainting himself with the Yamaha, Ducati is still trying to be closer to the top with Dovi leading Hayden, and Bradl needs to step up on the satellite Honda (I mean look what Crutchlow is doing on the satellite Yamaha, its a shame he can't get it together on race day)

Crutchlow essentially has a Factory machine, minus the bodywork. He likes to claim that he would do much better on a "factory" bike, but I'm not sure that there would be substantial gains. He is using the same bike that Lorenzo and Rossi are using, currently.

The Ducati seems to be coming along, and Dovi is working really well with it. Hayden showed last weekend that he is still capable and motivated. Iannone is pulling out some good laps now and then. He's no Marquez, but I'm impressed with him so far.

Bradl needs to do a bit better, but I think there is a lot of pressure on him. He needs to get a really good result to take the pressure off of him, and get the confidence, and he will be running with the front consistently after that. I still think he has the capability.

Crutchlow essentially has a Factory machine, minus the bodywork. He likes to claim that he would do much better on a "factory" bike, but I'm not sure that there would be substantial gains. He is using the same bike that Lorenzo and Rossi are using, currently.

The Ducati seems to be coming along, and Dovi is working really well with it. Hayden showed last weekend that he is still capable and motivated. Iannone is pulling out some good laps now and then. He's no Marquez, but I'm impressed with him so far.

Bradl needs to do a bit better, but I think there is a lot of pressure on him. He needs to get a really good result to take the pressure off of him, and get the confidence, and he will be running with the front consistently after that. I still think he has the capability.

Maybe we're saying the same thing, but the Eurosport team constantly say that Crutchlow is running the 2012 spec bike. Maybe that is just the bodywork, as you said. They are not specific. That said, I think he's the biggest surprise to me. He's clearly the top non-factory rider.

Agreed re: Ducati. They are making small increments, but they are getting better. Hopefully, they will close the gap with Honda and Yamaha.

I like Bradl, but I think he's performing more or less exactly where I expected a satellite Honda to be - fighting for top 10s, but usually in the 5-10 spot. Once MotoGP went to the 800cc formula, the gap between the factory and satellite bikes has been noticeable.

A couple of others thoughts:

I am pleasantly surprised at Aleix Espargaro's performance this season. He is easily the best CRT rider so far. I've never rated him that high in the junior ranks, and, in my opinion, he got a chance a motogp simply because of the bike he was asked to ride - a dogged Ducati. He's made the most of his chance though, hasn't he.

I am a Rossi fan, so I hope he finds some more speed. Watching him in Qatar was fun (the signs of the killer instinct were there), but the last two races have been a little more unsatisfying. I hope there's a win or two on the horizon. That would be fun.

Last edited:
There are differences between the factory yamahas and Crutchlow's bike such as the fuel tank. As has been mentioned on Eurosport several times, they don't necessarily make the bike any better.

Maybe we're saying the same thing, but the Eurosport team constantly say that Crutchlow is running the 2012 spec bike. Maybe that is just the bodywork, as you said. They are not specific. That said, I think he's the biggest surprise to me. He's clearly the top non-factory rider.

He is not, he is riding exactly the same bike than Vale and Lorenzo ... for now

http://caberz.wordpress.com/2012/03...ikes-versus-satellite-bikes-versus-crt-bikes/

Satellite bikes:
Satellite Honda RC213V
These bikes are another form of Factory bikes.These bikes are brought by teams who have their own sponsors.The satellite bikes will be supported by the factory bike manufacturers for spare parts and servicing.All in all the main difference between a Factory bike and a Satellite bikes is they use the same bike with different sponsor stickers.

Last edited:

Rossi and Lorenzo are both running the old 2012 Chassis, and everyone is using the same engine (according to Tech 3's manager)

Rossi and Lorenzo are both running the old 2012 Chassis, and everyone is using the same engine (according to Tech 3's manager)

Interesting. I guess they're going to develop the bike as the season goes on. Will also be interesting to see what Tech3 gets.

I think Bradl needs to find what works for him set up wise. With the past race in Jerez he spoke on how the bike didn't suit him at all.... This is certainly hindering his progression. He has yet to finish a GP thus far, Hopefully he finds something for Le Mans.

As for pressure, I think Dani is feeling that more than anyone.

Back
Top Bottom