3MARQUEZ, MarcRepsol Honda Team2:01.3590.3810.7915 / 152:32.865
4ROSSI, ValentinoYamaha Factory Racing2:01.5080.1490.94011 / 162:25.407
5CRUTCHLOW, CalMonster Yamaha Tech 32:01.5680.0601.0007 / 172:02.171

My prediction for this year

93marquez_mal_test_repsol-21_slideshow.jpg

Is the first race April 7th?

-Jamie M.

Jamie, yes. Losail April 7th.

Marquez is definitely fast, but we'll see if the crap he was pulling last year will fly with the big boys. My guess is that Lorenzo will learn to hate Marquez, and that will become a great rivalry. I don't really have any predictions for this year, but I hope Pedrosa can finally put together a full season and take a premiere class championship.

Renewed my subscription last week (I hate the Speed broadcasts, and I watch a lot of the extras and I don't have to worry about PVR setups).

I'm rooting for Pedrosa this year... nice to see Rossi back on Yamaha but I think Crutchclow will continue to impress us as well (not with a Championship, but still great to watch).

Renewed my subscription last week (I hate the Speed broadcasts, and I watch a lot of the extras and I don't have to worry about PVR setups).

I'm rooting for Pedrosa this year... nice to see Rossi back on Yamaha but I think Crutchclow will continue to impress us as well (not with a Championship, but still great to watch).
yea I just renewed mine as well, the best 90 Euros I spend every year

Pedrosa is as exciting as dry paint but the guy can ride, I think he will be ahead for the first few rounds and then start to fall behind Marques, Lorenzo and Rossi

If Dani can keep up the pace from the second half of last season, i could see him taking it. Think Marc is going to rub Dani and Jorge the wrong way very quickly if they battle together. Think the Factory Hondas and Yamahas are going to be swapping podium positions all season. Looking forward to seeing Rossi on the podium on a regular basis.

Marquez won't have the extra "bump" in his bike this year, but he'll impress. Pedrosa can do well if un-injured. Dovi and Spies are f___ked!
Lorenzo and Rossi will battle it out and Rossi will shine. He is very hungry for what was lost in the last 2 seasons.

M. Dovi and Spies are f___ked!
Funny to see Dovi's face trying to explain his lap times "well, we knew the bike has some problems and that we have a lot of work ahead"

He was so dedicated to get "any" factory ride that I think he is finally now coming to grips with the fact that he is on a "Duccati" factory ride

The Ducati didn't get any development time over the Winter - Audi put a freeze on development while it sorted out the management situation. They're running the exact same bike as they were racing at the end of the 2012 season. They've got a long road ahead of them, but I don't think this is a good indication of how they'll do this year.

I'm impressed that the CRT bikes seem to be closing the gap a little bit. I don't think Pedrosa will do any better than normal, and I don't really care for the idea of him winning the championship - he's had the perfect package to take the win for years and hasn't taken it. Lorenzo will likely stay consistently fast, and it'll just be a matter of whether the M1 can keep up with the brute speed of the Honda.

The satellite teams will probably produce some good racing this year - I'm watching to see if Bradl can close the gap a little.

Really tempted to buy the subscription.... for those who have/had it, can you select individual onboard cameras. For example, if I wanted to see Rossi's onboard camera at 30' mark in the race, can I do that?

Really tempted to buy the subscription.... for those who have/had it, can you select individual onboard cameras. For example, if I wanted to see Rossi's onboard camera at 30' mark in the race, can I do that?
No you can not. however after the race, they post the race of some of the more popular racers from a point of view of their on-board cam. So you can see the entire race from Rossi's on-board camera for example

I know its expensive but you can see all 3 classes at any time including all the practice and qualifying sessions, plus interviews with all the racers and a lot of extras

You can also see vintage races from the past and all the seasons back to early 90's

As mentioned by ZX600, the ability to see all 3 classes doesn't sound like a big deal, but Moto2 and Moto3 actually has some pretty good racing in it, so I highly recommend watching it.

You are all very persuasive :) So, I'm convinced. Besides, dropping Speed TV from my channel line up is about 10/month, pretty much as much as the motogp video pass costs for the year :)

As mentioned by ZX600, the ability to see all 3 classes doesn't sound like a big deal, but Moto2 and Moto3 actually has some pretty good racing in it, so I highly recommend watching it.

Last year Moto2 and Moto3 were far more exciting than MotoGP, IMO. Moto3 only had 2 or 3 races that weren't nail biters!

I would like to see Dani win a championship too but all he has to do is fall down and he'll miss too many events...

Don't see Lorenzo at a disadvantage to anyone. He's been on the same bike for a long time now.

So for me those two....

What I would like to see is an "it's any one of five riders" type standing mid season.

Last year Moto2 and Moto3 were far more exciting than MotoGP, IMO. Moto3 only had 2 or 3 races that weren't nail biters!

I would agree with that. MotoGP had a few good battles, but Moto2/3 normally consists of of a full grid totally going at it. Lots of passing, lots of last lap upsets.

If anyone is buying the subscription, I'd recommend going back and watching a bunch of them.

Been enjoying my MotoGP subscription since yesterday when I signed up! Stayed up watched races, interviews and what not until 3:30am. I love how they made the timeline with bookmarks for selected moments you might want to jump to. I really think it's a 100 euros well spent! Can't believe I waited so long. MotoGP season 2013, here I come! :D

EDIT: The only two things that bug me are the following:

1) I can't find a way to make it display HI RESOLUTION videos by default, every time I start a video, I have to manually switch it.

2) I wish there was a way to mark the things I've already watched.

Hayden will be drinking bourbon whiskey alone and dreaming of retirement in the south.
Pedorsa will be fast, boring and predictable, insufferable little dwarf
Marquez will be hated because the intimidating riding style wont translate, he will be featured in some spectacular crashes
Spies will be like the kid that lead scoring for three seasons in Junior "A", then got a shot at the big show........
Rossi will show us all why he's Rossi, back on the podium, throwing parties and being colorful. He's Kimmi with a bike.

Hayden will be drinking bourbon whiskey alone and dreaming of retirement in the south.
Pedorsa will be fast, boring and predictable, insufferable little dwarf
Marquez will be hated because the intimidating riding style wont translate, he will be featured in some spectacular crashes
Spies will be like the kid that lead scoring for three seasons in Junior "A", then got a shot at the big show........
Rossi will show us all why he's Rossi, back on the podium, throwing parties and being colorful. He's Kimmi with a bike.

Lorenzo will keep Rossi honest and hopefully make it an exciting season.
We can hope that Bradl gets the hang of the new machine and mixes it up.

I'm predicting:

Lorenzo winning the championship
Rossi, Pedrosa and Marquez will win races
No other rider will win.
Ducati will fight with the Satellite teams.
The CRT teams will fight for scraps and be largely ignored.

Back
Top Bottom