Motogp 2013 | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Motogp 2013

I saw that too, and it's not just a short broadcast either. I think they even broadcast the sportbike class tonight at 6pm. Unfortunately, I'm not a fan of the Ralph Shaheen character, ever since he thought Jorge Lorenzo wanted to be called Lorentho. Dude has an accent so when you ask him how to say his last name he's going to say it with an accent...

ever since he thought Jorge Lorenzo wanted to be called Lorentho. .
"European Spanish, as a general rule, noticeably differs in the pronunciation of these words, with casa being pronounced as you’d expect with an “s” sound, but with caza being pronounced differently. Replacing the “z” sound is what’s called an unvoiced “th” sound (think, theory, etc). Called the Castillian lisp, this difference in sounding is the case for the majority of Spain, and as such the casual student of European Spanish would pronounce Lorenzo with a “th” sound, or ‘Lorentho’ if we’re spelling things phonetically."

http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/banter/the-definitive-guide-on-how-to-pronounce-lorenzo/

Names sound different in different languages.

David
Martin
Paul
Gilles
Guy

If I'm speaking English I'll pronounce names in English. If I'm speaking Spanish then I'll pronounce them in Spanish. IMO this concern over foreign pronounciation is a symptom of political correctness gone bezerk.

Good luck you guys pronouncing my last name....been in Canada / USA for the bigger part of my life, I've probably heard at least 834873873 different ways somebody said my name. Even my first name, the way people pronounce it (including myself unless I'm in Europe) doesn't sound at all like it sounds in my mother tongue. Who cares...certainly not me :D

Names sound different in different languages.

David
Martin
Paul
Gilles
Guy

If I'm speaking English I'll pronounce names in English. If I'm speaking Spanish then I'll pronounce them in Spanish. IMO this concern over foreign pronounciation is a symptom of political correctness gone bezerk.
i agree with this

You can call me Paulo in English anytime you want :)

I saw that too, and it's not just a short broadcast either. I think they even broadcast the sportbike class tonight at 6pm. Unfortunately, I'm not a fan of the Ralph Shaheen character, ever since he thought Jorge Lorenzo wanted to be called Lorentho. Dude has an accent so when you ask him how to say his last name he's going to say it with an accent...

Ralph has a lot of other problems that make him brutal to watch. I've just accepted most of them and constantly make fun of him instead. For example, he's in love with Chad Reed. Ralph doesn't believe that Chad really was a (female) wife, and wishes to elope with Chad. I also don't like Chad Reed. He can never look into Erin Bates' eyes (either set), which supports Ralph in his dream. hahaha... The worst part of the Daytona broadcasts for me is Scott Russell. Just the sound of his voice kills a few of my brain cells.

Different strokes, i like the knowledge that Russell brings to speed tv.

btw, i thought it was Greg Creamer that had the issue with pronouncing Lorenzo name.

Different strokes, i like the knowledge that Russell brings to speed tv.

btw, i thought it was Greg Creamer that had the issue with pronouncing Lorenzo name.

I like what Russell has to say, just can't stand his voice. After a few beers it's all good.

Ralph has a lot of other problems that make him brutal to watch. I've just accepted most of them and constantly make fun of him instead. For example, he's in love with Chad Reed. Ralph doesn't believe that Chad really was a (female) wife, and wishes to elope with Chad. I also don't like Chad Reed. He can never look into Erin Bates' eyes (either set), which supports Ralph in his dream. hahaha... The worst part of the Daytona broadcasts for me is Scott Russell. Just the sound of his voice kills a few of my brain cells.
It's true that his voice is a pain in the *** but the guy knows his stuff

I'm so excited, got my ticket ordered for Indianapolis GP. Should be an awesome experience!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

What's wrong with the MotoGP.com search engine? I tried in different browsers, wanted to pull some videos based on keywords, doesn't work at all, zero results. And yes, I have a subscription.

What's wrong with the MotoGP.com search engine? I tried in different browsers, wanted to pull some videos based on keywords, doesn't work at all, zero results. And yes, I have a subscription.
Yea I just did a search for Rossi and it didn't work, so it's not only you

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom