Best Bang for Buck Scooter? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Best Bang for Buck Scooter?

How about a CBR125R? I'm sure you can score one fairly cheap and could be more usable (highway etc) than a scooter (storage)? I originally started looking at scooters but when I factored in the costs I just paid more and bought a 125 instead.

None of those. Get something steady and reliable wit good aftermarket support. Bws 125 would be your best choice.

Sent from my SH-02E using Tapatalk 2

The Jazz has the same engine as the Ruckus, so look for 2006+ models, as the previous generation had an engine with poor crankcase ventilation resulting in engine bearing failures.

How far are you riding it?

Do you have your M.

Insurance on a new rider will be a killer unless you stay under 100 ccs.
Insurance will cost far more than the vehicle.

I think his insurance costs are going to kill the dreams of cheap fuel cost. Bloody Ontario insurance is a rip off

my quote for a 2007 cbr 600rr was about $1600/year. Perhaps, the scoot would be a lot less.

since state farm will most likely be cheapest they go by cc. Just saying your 125 motorcycle MAY be cheaper on insurance than the 150 scooter. But initial purchase cost is higher. Just look at a year of ownership whatever is on your list, add 10-20% for unforeseen and take it from there.

Get a DRZ400sm. Insurance is only ~400/yr, great fuel mileage, WAY more fun than a scooter or cbr125, and you can still basically ride it like a bicycle downtown. The only real downside over a scooter is the potential tickets for riding like a hooligan.

Get a DRZ400sm. Insurance is only ~400/yr, great fuel mileage, WAY more fun than a scooter or cbr125, and you can still basically ride it like a bicycle downtown. The only real downside over a scooter is the potential tickets for riding like a hooligan.

I highly doubt a new rider will get insurance anywhere near that.

Sent from my SH-02E using Tapatalk 2

I think his insurance costs are going to kill the dreams of cheap fuel cost. Bloody Ontario insurance is a rip off

+1

The state of insurance in Ontario is sad...very sad...

So yeah, kinda looking for a cheap scoot!

Cheap and reliable?
Cheap and new?
Cheap and fast?

WHat about a brand new, 2013 Honda Giorno with 49cc? full warranty and everything for $2300. Maybe the dealer will sell for less
http://motorcycle.honda.ca/scooter/giorno

The Giorno is cheaper than the brand new 2013 Honda Ruckus (that is also 49cc but is $3,000)

EDIT: I understand that a $2,000 scooter (+ tax) is more than the examples that you posted above, but if you can manage with 49cc, it may be more fun to buy a brand new Honda that rides, that to be fixing an old chinese, no-brand, scooter that was $500 + tax. Also, you can sell the Honda in a couple of years and get some of your money back. In a couple of years the $500 scooter may be rusting in the junk yard

Last edited:

who are with to get $400 for a drz400sm?

What exactly is the primary purpose of this scooter? Within the city, commuting on highway/street? I think we're all jumping around because you didn't state WHAT is your main concern? If its saving on gas it's hard to do after purchase, insurance, gear, maintenance etc.

With the ones you listed there's prob maintenance that it'll need. Newer ones are more expensive up front but more reliable (ideally) over the long term.

Is this a bike? I will look into it.

Cheap and reliable?
Cheap and new?
Cheap and fast?

WHat about a brand new, 2013 Honda Giorno with 49cc? full warranty and everything for $2300. Maybe the dealer will sell for less
http://motorcycle.honda.ca/scooter/giorno

The Giorno is cheaper than the brand new 2013 Honda Ruckus (that is also 49cc but is $3,000)

EDIT: I understand that a $2,000 scooter (+ tax) is more than the examples that you posted above, but if you can manage with 49cc, it may be more fun to buy a brand new Honda that rides, that to be fixing an old chinese, no-brand, scooter that was $500 + tax. Also, you can sell the Honda in a couple of years and get some of your money back. In a couple of years the $500 scooter may be rusting in the junk yard

Thats a pretty cute scoot!

What exactly is the primary purpose of this scooter? Within the city, commuting on highway/street? I think we're all jumping around because you didn't state WHAT is your main concern? If its saving on gas it's hard to do after purchase, insurance, gear, maintenance etc.

With the ones you listed there's prob maintenance that it'll need. Newer ones are more expensive up front but more reliable (ideally) over the long term.

Within the city. Saving on gas + some fun is my concern. After riding scooter in Cuba, I got addicted lol.

Back
Top Bottom